• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

MarkusRJR

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wish this sale was here around the Holidays. Bought myself a Kobo Aura then...

Either way, I really love it. Definitely the best e-ink display I've seen.
I wasn't really looking for one since I have an old Keyboard kindle that works fine, but for this price I can't really say no.
I'm still debating between the two, but I think the ease of the Amazon email sync is pushing me toward the Kindle. The opinions seem mixed on whether the new PW2 screen is better than the Pearl screens that everyone had used previously.

Cudder

damn, now that we have more Watch Dogs media and it looks pretty decent, I regret not pre ordering the game for 49.99 on Amazon. I doubt it'll go that low again, right? :\

Vibranium

Banned
I'm not buying Watch Dogs and I regret nothing. If you can really wait, I'm sure it'll be around $30 within 6 months, I may buy it then anyways.

Anyways, with the news that Gamestop is looking to become more of a mobile outlet, I hope the same happens to EB and they begin to close stores. Screw that company.

I'm sure it'll be around $30 within 6 months

Yup, considering Ubisoft's sales reputation.
I'm thinking of cancelling my $49 pre-order, especially if GTA gets announced before May 27th. That would be a dirty tactic by Rockstar, but highly effective to have everyone suddently cancel their WatchDogs pre-orders!

Slime

Banned
Anyone have any experience ordering stuff from gamestop.com?

I'm trying to get a copy of the FFXIV Collector's Edition, but it's sold out everywhere in Canada. Cheapest place I can find online is the US GS site. Do they really just not take exchange rate into account when you buy from Canada? The shipping is pretty high, but I'm surprised the product itself seems to be the same price in both areas. I've heard that Canadians trying to buy the game directly from the SE website have been hit with COD charges that make up the difference, and I'm just wondering if I'll run into the same situation here.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If they ship by courier, you will get massive brokerage fees. That's almost unavoidable unless you take the time to clear it yourself unfortunately.

Damn it, apparently they use UPS. Too much of a hassle.

If you live near a well-populated border (i.e. Niagara Falls/Buffalo), there are services that will handle the receipt of your item in the States and hand them over to you for a nominal fee (five bucks, I think?) so you can cross the border with it yourself. I don't know how much the CE is but it miiiight just be worth it. (But probably not, especially if you declare it at the border crossing like you're supposed to and pay tax on top of the item value.)

9B6tLam.png

Did SDM ever carry XB1 Titanlfall bundle? I'm thinking about getting one this Saturday, will probably redeem some 95K points as well!

9B6tLam.png

Did SDM ever carry XB1 Titanlfall bundle? I'm thinking about getting one this Saturday, will probably redeem some 95K points as well!

The only XB1 bundles I've seen have been the original standard bundles, sadly. That said, that's just one SDM in downtown Toronto, though they're pretty well-stocked with video game stuff so they're probably not too far from ideal.

Anyone know a good place in Canada to order a Saitek X55 Rhino HOTAS? Thinking of gearing up for Star Citizen and other joystick games, but this thing's a bitch to find in Canuckistan.

Thanks

Parapraxis

I finally replaced my WiiU (thanks for the tip VultureDude), and was wondering if anybody has ever seen any deals on the WiiU Pro controllers.

If so, where in the past and what would be a good sale price?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I finally replaced my WiiU (thanks for the tip VultureDude), and was wondering if anybody has ever seen any deals on the WiiU Pro controllers.

I don't think I've ever seen them on sale in Canada.

iLLmAtlc

Man how much longer are they gonna be stubborn with that MGSV: Ground Zeroes price? They're already selling it for 20 digitally. >_>

Wonder if they're keeping the stock to reasonable amounts since it seems for a while FS didn't have it in stock for PS3 online.

So I did buy the French version of Diablo 3 at Staples for $9.97 PS3.

I can confirm that though the cover is in French, the game actually plays in English, so I think it is a steal price considering you can carry the saves over to the PS4 version when it comes out this year.

Sora_N

Sorry guys just had an exam. That's why I bought Lightning without waiting cuz it was the Staples near my school lol. No Luigi U...

LR looked like a clearance so YMMV. Original price said 59.97 on shelf.

Any place with cheap Wii Nunchuks? I want one brand-new.

I might have luck at GameCentre in Toronto, but if someone else has seen a great sale somewhere, let me know. :)

Tabular

Banned

canonj

Pro controllers were on sale at Best Buy last summer for $40, but other than that, I've never seen any deals.

BRKsEDU

Neo Member
Anyone have any experience ordering stuff from gamestop.com?

I'm trying to get a copy of the FFXIV Collector's Edition, but it's sold out everywhere in Canada. Cheapest place I can find online is the US GS site. Do they really just not take exchange rate into account when you buy from Canada? The shipping is pretty high, but I'm surprised the product itself seems to be the same price in both areas. I've heard that Canadians trying to buy the game directly from the SE website have been hit with COD charges that make up the difference, and I'm just wondering if I'll run into the same situation here.

You'll probably pay customs fees on it but you'll get it. I've purchased some items from Gamestop US in the past... I got the item and a bill from the courier =P

Ryde3

does anyone know of any specific Shoppers that have Xbox One's in stock right now? Preferably the Titanfall bundle, this 20x event does seem like the best deal available right now.

does anyone know of any specific Shoppers that have Xbox One's in stock right now? Preferably the Titanfall bundle, this 20x event does seem like the best deal available right now.

Yonge-Dundas Square in Toronto has standard Xbox bundles (i.e. non-Titanfall). At least they did two days ago when I went to buy milk. mmmm milk.

Top Bottom