• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

i-Jest

I'm not buying Watch Dogs and I regret nothing. If you can really wait, I'm sure it'll be around $30 within 6 months, I may buy it then anyways.

Anyways, with the news that Gamestop is looking to become more of a mobile outlet, I hope the same happens to EB and they begin to close stores. Screw that company.

Gamestop shifting out of games? News to me.

TheKyle07

Shop.ca if you use the ebates.ca or greatcanadianrebates.ca 15% cashback and the RETAILMENOT coupon code to get $10 off. I think shop.ca has sometimes been giving out $15 coupon codes on Facebook if you can get one of those instead.

Thanks, good idea. I was able to get a $15 code.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Turns out the Beyond Two Souls also qualifies for Trade 1 so I used that to pre-order Mario Golf with. I don't think I played more than 2 hours of it since I bought it. Stupid FutureShop E3 sale. >_>

I wanna do the trade 1 for Mario Golf, but it seems like one of the few games I want to buy digitally. It's perfect to just always have on the go.

koopas

Has anybody seen any psp consoles at a retail level in ontario? (Best Buy, Fshop etc.)

Having a hard time trying to track one down.

mdubs

Banned
Turns out the Beyond Two Souls also qualifies for Trade 1 so I used that to pre-order Mario Golf with. I don't think I played more than 2 hours of it since I bought it. Stupid FutureShop E3 sale. >_>

Thanks for posting this! Just traded in my copy for Kirby

i-Jest

Has anybody seen any psp consoles at a retail level in ontario? (Best Buy, Fshop etc.)

GAWD no. Are retailers even carrying them these days? They should be discontinued and I think Sony's ceased support. Your better off finding one at local video game shops. I've seen them around those places in Toronto.

So Newegg's got a Sale going on.

696x288.jpg

OG Vita for regular price ($199): http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868110137

Pokemon Y for $29.99: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190372

A lot of handhelds are $29.99 actually. Really tempted to get Dragon's Crown.

Herlihy Boy

Neo Member
Didn't see it mentioned in the thread yet, but I just picked up the Vita Madden 13 bundle at Superstore for $99. Doesn't come with a memory card though.

GAWD no. Are retailers even carrying them these days? They should be discontinued and I think Sony's ceased support. Your better off finding one at local video game shops. I've seen them around those places in Toronto.

So Newegg's got a Sale going on.

696x288.jpg

OG Vita for regular price ($199): http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868110137

Pokemon Y for $29.99: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190372

A lot of handhelds are $29.99 actually. Really tempted to get Dragon's Crown.

That is one pathetic sale. I'm actually kind of impressed that they have the balls to call it a "sale".

Vita is already $199. Not to mention the new one comes out in 10 days and it includes Borderlands 2 and an 8GB memory card.

KidDork

I haven't seen one in stock in about two years. Once the Vita hit, stores couldn't get rid of them fast enough.

Have you tried EB Games? They might have a few used ones for sale--at full retail price, of course, EB being EB.

mdubs

Banned
Anyone here imported a PS Vita? Would like to import the Slim from Nippon-Yasan but worried about getting hit with customs

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here imported a PS Vita? Would like to import the Slim from Nippon-Yasan but worried about getting hit with customs

Why do you want to import one? The Vita is region-free!

Why do you want to import one? The Vita is region-free!

Colours. Sweet sweet colours. I've been thinking about it too, I admit.

Sadly I have no answers on customs stuff. I know YesAsia has always gotten items to me without duties but I've never bought more than $60 worth of stuff from there at a time and I don't remember if they even sell Vitas or not.

I have the regular Vita and I'm debating if I should switch to the newer ones or if I should just wait for the 3000 series which might eventually come out next year or the year after.

If the Vita still exists then

Just break out your markers!

Black + green marker = black :( :( :( :( :(

Though equally dumb is that the thing keeping me from importing one, besides duties, is the O/X button swap to confirm/cancel. Not even in games, which should use X for confirm just fine; just in the OS. I'm worried that shit would infuriate me, even though I already deal with this switching from Vita to 3DS.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Black + green marker = black :( :( :( :( :(

Though equally dumb is that the thing keeping me from importing one, besides duties, is the O/X button swap to confirm/cancel. Not even in games, which should use X for confirm just fine; just in the OS. I'm worried that shit would infuriate me, even though I already deal with this switching from Vita to 3DS.
Do they have it wrong, or do WE have it wrong? The debate never ends.

Although it's weird that you can't just set that in the OS settings or whatever. Same with PS3s, apparently.

You just answered your own question!
I'm still waiting for VitaTV. :(

SickBoy

What's up with all the Newegg posts I'm seeing all over the place lately? Have they hired people to promote their gaming section or something?

mdubs

Banned
Colours. Sweet sweet colours. I've been thinking about it too, I admit.

Sadly I have no answers on customs stuff. I know YesAsia has always gotten items to me without duties but I've never bought more than $60 worth of stuff from there at a time and I don't remember if they even sell Vitas or not.

Yup same here, I've imported a few things (like a 64gb memory card) and Nippon-Yasan has been good about marking it down to avoid customs, but I worry that it'll be tougher to get an actual system past customs.

Yup it's because of the sweet colours, that ice-blue/white version is slick.

We aren't getting coloured 2000s, are we?

Nope. We rarely get these multi-coloured systems, and when we do we get it very late. It was a strange experience going into game stores in Hong Kong and Cebu year of the Vita launch and seeing blue and red OG Vita's, and different coloured PS3's for sale.

I have the regular Vita and I'm debating if I should switch to the newer ones or if I should just wait for the 3000 series which might eventually come out next year or the year after.

I have one as well and I want to get a new one, but personally I'm waiting for a really nice looking LE edition console. My OG Vita is the White AC LE Vita and it looks really fucking nice. But as soon as a really good LE Vita 2000 is up for importing I'm jumping on that super hard.

Nope. We rarely get these multi-coloured systems, and when we do we get it very late. It was a strange experience going into game stores in Hong Kong and Cebu year of the Vita launch and seeing blue and red OG Vita's, and different coloured PS3's for sale.

I have one as well and I want to get a new one, but personally I'm waiting for a really nice looking LE edition console. My OG Vita is the White AC LE Vita and it looks really fucking nice. But as soon as a really good LE Vita 2000 is up for importing I'm jumping on that super hard.

Yeah the white Vita is pretty slick. I doubt if we will see another official limited edition console in NA. I'd snag one too, if it were to come out.

PSP had some cool ones like thr Star Wars, MGS, GOW themed consoles. They were pretty slick.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I was able to go get Lightning Returns at Staples for 19.97$ as per GAF members! :)

Thxs guys, I'm really happy about my purchase. Was not willing to shell out 59.99$ but FFXIII saga is a small guilty pleasure of mine and at 19.97$, it's just the right price lol

Top Bottom