• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This is a bit off topic, but the new Toronto-Age OT is up. I see a lot of new faces here from Toronto that might not be aware of the thread, so just a heads up.

Has anyone had a package sit in a sorting area for Canada Post for days on end? I ordered a new 3DS with a deliver by estimate of this Friday but it just arrived in the Richmond distribution centre today according to the CP tracker, and I live in Vancouver...

About a year ago I had a package bounce all around the GTA. I usually receive packages the day after they ship, as it's 99% of the time shipping from Mississauga to Toronto.This one was shipped around so much that they believed it had become lost, so they sent me a replacement package. I ended up getting both packages the same day and returned the extra. Amazon's customer service is at least super friendly when it comes to these issues. @canadapostcares on Twitter has been my most reliable way of contacting them over small shipping issues.

Roto13

The last few weeks on Canada-gaf

UfgqV2ul.png

Perfect.

FluxWaveZ

Are we sure FS will even do E3 deals this year? Even if they did would the discount even be significant?

If the deal resets the prices to the previously standard $60, I'm good to indulge in it for the games I really want on day 1.

Man, to think a game like Danganronpa: Another Episode could end up at $55-$60 at retail.

Man, I'm glad I don't have to go into Toronto very often. I can't stand it anymore.

The traffic, the commotion, the parking lots, the paid parking...

If the deal resets the prices to the previously standard $60, I'm good to indulge in it for the games I really want on day 1.

Man, to think a game like Danganronpa: Another Episode could end up at $55-$60 at retail.

That wouldn't be shocking. I was in EB yesterday, and I noticed that newer Vita games were going for $50. Give it a few months, and we could be living in the era of $60 handheld games.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't mind paying equally for handheld, or console games. This is not the days when we had Mortal Kombat 2 Game Boy vs the console versions. But I just won't pay $60+ for most games. A few must haves, then everything else is just about waiting it out. By the time I'm ready to play most of them anyway, they're cheap. Thanks, backlog.

I'm glad I don't buy a lot of games. Fuck paying $74.99.

Thank God for libraries and occasional rental opps.

Hopefully digital will be cheaper, though?

mdubs

Banned
Btw for anyone keeping track, all of Udon's art books have experienced a price bump last week. Luckily I have a $25 copy of the Ace Attorney Dual Destinies artbook on preorder for myself

Btw for anyone keeping track, all of Udon's art books have experienced a price bump last week. Luckily I have a $25 copy of the Ace Attorney Dual Destinies artbook on preorder for myself

Awww no shit? I wonder if it applied to books already released. I was just now considering SF25: The Art of Street Fighter and UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition on Amazon.ca.

Does VGP lock in preorder prices online? Thinking about Preordering Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS from them since they're the only ones doing preorders right now.

Urgh, this is not happening. I would have preordered Under Night In-Birth earlier if I realized Amazon was doing preorders: http://www.amazon.ca/Under-Night--Birth-Exe-PlayStation/dp/B00MUTAVH6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424747267&sr=8-1&keywords=under+night+in-birth+exe+late

ebgames.ca has Xenoblade 3DS up for order now.

$44.99.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Not sure if posted already but... I guess NEW DEAL? lol

There's a new Class Action Lawsuit going on right now with DRAM Manufacturer and collusion that happened 15 years ago.

If you go here: https://cestmonargent.ca/home you can claim 20$ if you bought any electronic using RAM between 1999 and 2002 (you did). No proof of purchase necessary.

If you still happen to have 15 year olds bills/receipts laying around then you can potentially ask for more.

I bet it will probably take like 6 months before we get our check but hey, whatever... Easy money!
Saw a commercial about this today. It used the url of www.themoneyismine.ca/ but it's the same.

DVCY201

Does VGP lock in preorder prices online? Thinking about Preordering Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS from them since they're the only ones doing preorders right now.

Urgh, this is not happening. I would have preordered Under Night In-Birth earlier if I realized Amazon was doing preorders: http://www.amazon.ca/Under-Night--Birth-Exe-PlayStation/dp/B00MUTAVH6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424747267&sr=8-1&keywords=under+night+in-birth+exe+late

Actually?! This was $42, and now it's $71! Fuck, and I was planning on getting this too. I guess I'll wait for 6 months

CRA5H

This price hike is a blessing in disguise for me. It allows me to get through my huge backlog and by the time I'm done with it, prices will be back to normal..
and I'll be 80 years old.

Wow wtf they took down Under Night off Amazon.

Yeah it might be better to go with VGP, but remember they add taxes plus shipping. Personally I'm thinking about just going to their actual physical store to save a whole... $3. Somewhere in my brain $45 seems a lot better than $48 for whatever reason. Gonna go Wednesday morning though so don't take all the copies online :mad:

Liberty4all

Banned
Yeah, 74.99 being the new 59.99 is depressing.

It will be interesting to see if/how this affects sales. After living with 59.99 games for close to 10 years I'd like to think that Canadian gamers are alot more price sensitive now.

Renewed

Oh geez... price hikes on console AND handheld games? Alright MonHun, take me away.

I feel bad for not doing E3 deals, but I was unemployed. ;-;

DJ_Lae

I choose to look positively at the increase because my backlog has gotten kind of insane in the last few years. I hope E3 preorder deals happen this year because there are some games I would like to buy (and some, like Persona 5, I will buy AT ANY COST).

At least there aren't any cutbacks at my office. No raises, however, and no cost of living adjustment, which sucks. I guess I'm glad I don't work in the oil industry.

FluxWaveZ

I know a lot of you have already stated your feelings regarding 74.99 games in the last couple of pages, but if you can please state again how these price hikes will effect your buying decisions of new release PS4 titles.

While I previously might have went "screw it" and bought the occasional PS4 game spontaneously, like Uncharted 4 or Mortal Kombat X, that option's out of the window. The only PS4 games I will be buying this year are looking to be Persona 5 and Bloddborne (the latter mostly because I had it pre-ordered from the E3 deal). I'll be renting the rest.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I know a lot of you have already stated your feelings regarding 74.99 games in the last couple of pages, but if you can please state again how these price hikes will effect your buying decisions of new release PS4 titles.

Buying $60 games at launch was already a rarity for me, but at $75, I'll basically stop buying games on launch day altogether. Missing on the launch discussion is disappointing, but waiting 6-12 months (max) to see the game at $30 will be a lot wiser.

mdubs

Banned

I won't be buying any until they drop to around $40 through discounts and such (except Persona 5). $74.99 is simply way too much for a new release, even though I wouldn't have been buying at $69.99 or $64.99 either truthfully. I think a lot of people will cut down on their buying habits, especially with the price going up $15 in a little over a year for new releases with no end in sight.

edit: Just saw the other thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=998078
$75 for a video game is simply too much. My wages are not increasing. Even now I find myself buying games only once they have been out for two or three months and have had a couple of price drops. Luckily I have been able to pick up some good games lately via the Sony PSN digital sales.

Cheers

Mr. F

Banned

edit: Just saw the other thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=998078

Not buying new anymore, plain and simple. Either sharing with friends or waiting for price drops, I have other games to fill the time until meaningful sales/cuts.

Top Bottom