• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

What's especially dumb is that 1 USD currently = 1.22 CAD. So 60 USD = about 73 CAD. They're just jumping past the $74.99 pricepoint and going as high as they can get away with at this point.

to be fair, this could be a placeholder that could go down prior to release. It's a lot more palatable for customers to lower the price than it is to raise it in the future. But if all E3 preorders are operating under a $79 placeholder, and games actually release at 69, that really screws us out of some discount.

iLLmAtlc

Star Wars Battlefront is currently up for preorder on amazon for $79.99

It begins, folks.

image.php

tiijj

Etrian Odyssey is $60, and it's a 3DS game.

We are well into the the great Canadian Gaming Recession.

It's an Atlus game, those things costs more than normal. As much as I hate comparing the price, it's USD$50 on amazon us. It is higher compared to a regular game (which is around usd$40).

Sealtest

might as well put a preorder in, most likely will be some sort of "deal" between now and launch which will most likely bring deluxe down to $79 and normal down to $69.

Also Standard is still $69.99 and deluxe is $79.99 on PSN.

Makes me happy I have a futureshop order in for $39.99.

UberTag

It begins, folks.
Ooooh... and we can guarantee the price by pre-ordering. Where do I sign up?
If we don't lock in now, we'll be screwed when the price goes up to $84.99 or $89.99 by the time it ships in the fall.

(Incidentally, the current exchange rate for a $59.99 US game is $73.43. The Canuck buck has actually gone up in value the past couple weeks.)

I can't remember if I have Battlefront pre-ordered for 40 or 50 lol

Futureshop's order lookup isn't working.......so no change from when they still existed

i-Jest

These rising prices have fucked us to the point where most deals won't even be enticing for me. It'll probably take the dollar a good while to bounce back.

It's fine though. I can expect games to drop in value a few months after release. It's the Nintendo 1st and 2nd party titles that worry me.

Tik-Tok

These rising prices have fucked us to the point where most deals won't even be enticing for me. It'll probably take the dollar a good while to bounce back.

It's fine though. I can expect games to drop in value a few months after release. It's the Nintendo 1st and2nd party titles that worry me.
That part is that even when the dollar gets closer to parity it'll take forever for the prices of shit to do the same.

Ondore

For what it's worth, first party Nintendo stuff hasn't increased official MSRP since the first jump. Should all be coming in at $45/$65, unless the retailers are being screwy.

RE_Player

I can handle $79 games since I rarely buy games day one for full price but the day PSN starts charging sales tax is the day I will truly cry.

It begins, folks.

This is getting ridiculous.

At least, and I shouldn't even say this because it's ridiculous either way. But at least with amazon you get the lowest price and you know that at some point between now and then it will be on sale for $60 just like everything else is.

I hate pre-ordering but I do it more often now from amazon for that reason alone.

Sealtest

GMG charges you in USD, right? 59.99 USD is still 75 CAD, and you're paying extra fees to the bank/PayPal for converting CAD to USD for you. So not sure what you are saying.

Yeah.. but GMG almost always has a 20-25% coupon at all times.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yeah.. but GMG almost always has a 20-25% coupon at all times.

You're right, I keep forgetting about those. They are almost constant too.

So are they gonna sneak the prices to $80 now, even though the CAD rose to 1.22 from 1.26? Or is this just in case it drops further, and if it does not, they will change it back to 74.99 by launch?

Stage On

It's an Atlus game, those things costs more than normal. As much as I hate comparing the price, it's USD$50 on amazon us. It is higher compared to a regular game (which is around usd$40).

Just because it's an Atlus game doesn't mean it automatically has to be more expensive. It's kind of bs they are charging the Atlus tax on Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 when the other Etrian Odyssey games came out at the standard price point and did well enough. Now they are just price gouging

I barely want to pay $40 for a handheld game I really really want, no way in hell am I paying $60

Top Bottom