• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faenix1

Just got an email for Megadimension Neptunia VII being $0.97 but of course it's Best Buy's email alerts which email you like a day after you can do anything about it.

That pisses me off. Had I known it was in clearance already I would of ran out and bought it.

Now I need to spend $60 to add it to my collection. I want to continue getting them physical like I did on PS3. (Got em on Vita digital mostly cause.. well... everything else is and I technically owned them already lol)

Ventara

That pisses me off. Had I known it was in clearance already I would of ran out and bought it.

Now I need to spend $60 to add it to my collection. I want to continue getting them physical like I did on PS3. (Got em on Vita digital mostly cause.. well... everything else is and I technically owned them already lol)

These things are 99% long sold out before they hit those prices, so don't sweat it. And I wouldn't trust those alerts. They email you like 2 days after the price change. Same with Amazon.

Xenoflare

I managed to grab the last copy of MGSV on sale at Best Buy eventually, I think someone reserved it but never picked it up, that kinda explains why it wasn't working yesterday or the day before but it worked this morning when I reserved it

Savitar

It's been up for five bucks a times. I still need to beat the game but the game never fully clicked for me, I've beaten the previous ones.

And g'damn, CE for games are getting more and more expensive, just saw Battlefield has a CE that's 289.99 plus tax.

Do these things really sell?! It feels like things are going over board.

-SG

It's been up for five bucks a times. I still need to beat the game but the game never fully clicked for me, I've beaten the previous ones.

And g'damn, CE for games are getting more and more expensive, just saw Battlefield has a CE that's 289.99 plus tax.

Do these things really sell?! It feels like things are going over board.

I want that game and I want the steelbook, but there's no way in hell I'm going to pay $300 for a game.

Faenix1

These things are 99% long sold out before they hit those prices, so don't sweat it. And I wouldn't trust those alerts. They email you like 2 days after the price change. Same with Amazon.

Yeah, I know that. I just didn't think it would be in clearance section already. Was hoping to snag it at $40-ish like I did the ones on PS3 but I never saw it near that price.

teeg

Purolator has been great for me.

*Shrugs*

Same here. I actually had an odd call from them this morning. I'd ordered something from Best Buy yesterday. 9am this morning they called me to say that they have a package to deliver to me but it missed the truck today so they called to see if I wanted to pick it up myself or have it sent out tomorrow. Since the location is only a 5 minute drive from my house I'll just swing by after work to pick it up.

I imagine that the backlog due to the Canada Post tension has built up to the point where a quick phone call can get the package in the hands of the recipient faster than waiting to be delivered via truck.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Has the PS4 version of Doom been on sale somewhere so far? I'm dying to play it, but now way I'm paying $80 for a game...

Has the PS4 version of Doom been on sale somewhere so far? I'm dying to play it, but now way I'm paying $80 for a game...
I've seen it on sale quite a few times physically and digitally. It was $49 last month on Amazon, and $35 during the PSN mid-year sale at the start of this month. I'm sure it'll be on sale again soon.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I've seen it on sale quite a few times physically and digitally. It was $49 last month on Amazon, and $35 during the PSN mid-year sale at the start of this month. I'm sure it'll be on sale again soon.

Damn, just missed this. I'll keep watching BB, Amazon and PSN. Thanks!

For the PC Gamers:

480GB Mushkin SSD, with ebay coupon code caebaysummer brings it to about $112 to your door. Great deal. That ebay coupon code expires 8PM Eastern Time on July 21.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/182051090715

Not sure if there's another thread for Canadian hardware deals, I just have this thread bookmarked lol.

Kyolux

For the PC Gamers:

480GB Mushkin SSD, with ebay coupon code caebaysummer brings it to about $112 to your door. Great deal. That ebay coupon code expires 8PM Eastern Time on July 21.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/182051090715

Not sure if there's another thread for Canadian hardware deals, I just have this thread bookmarked lol.

Tempting. But I just need to wait and stop spending on things so much. Especially after that $356 I had to pay for my car this week.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Wanna buy my copy? I pretty much beat it in a week and it's been sitting untouched ever since. The Demon Multiplayer DLC pack is also unused.

kevin1025

Banned
I think they did that with the Sopranos, and it's probably going to be Olympic counterprogramming.

(Late to this)

Yep, back in the early 2000's they aired seasons of The Sopranos unedited. I don't know if they ever continued past season three, given how big The Movie Network and then HBO Canada became. It's nice to have people who don't order premium cable get a chance to watch Game of Thrones, even if the show is big enough that whoever wanted to watch it, watched it by now.

(Late to this)

Yep, back in the early 2000's they aired seasons of The Sopranos unedited. I don't know if they ever continued past season three, given how big The Movie Network and then HBO Canada became. It's nice to have people who don't order premium cable get a chance to watch Game of Thrones, even if the show is big enough that whoever wanted to watch it, watched it by now.

Game of Thrones? Never heard of it.

Ventara

Went to EB to browse and when I was checking out, the clerk told me about the Mini NES. Although they don't have it up for preorder yet, apparently it's $95. Might just be a placeholder, though.

Also, probably old news, but just in case:

Deal

Wasteland 2 PS4/X1 $14.99 at EB Games

zroid

Banned
Went to EB to browse and when I was checking out, the clerk told me about the Mini NES. Although they don't have it up for preorder yet, apparently it's $95. Might just be a placeholder, though.

Also, probably old news, but just in case:

Deal

Wasteland 2 PS4/X1 $14.99 at EB Games

Nintendo Canada already confirmed it's $80 so yea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom