• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickBoy

Someone at RFD is saying he asked and it's Halo 5 for $19.99. Is there a "deeply discounted" game every day this week?

The person I spoke with seemed to think so (I guess they're alerted via store email and supposedly only Halo was listed in today's mail... BTW, here's the part where I clarify that he mentioned the price to some other customer before I talked to him, which is why I was unclear on the price -- I'm not that much of a jerk that I talk to a clerk and then half ignore them ;)). Apparently Wasteland was on sale on Thursday along with used Watch Dogs. Not sure if there was anything previously.

I'd been planning to trade Halo and a couple of other things in their promo for No Man's Sky (3 for $70), but mysteriously it dropped off their list. This totally explains it. So I traded it to Best Buy and got the $20 I paid Microsoft for it.

got my cheap Gears. I wish games would go on sale this cheap all the time

I couldn't do it in the end. They had a few copies left at the store I visited, but I've already got the whole series digitally on 360, and a backlog that I shouldn't add to (because I'd feel compelled to get to it before Gears 4).

Luigi87

Trying to get the Amazon.com $10 Promo credit I have applied to my .ca account.
I keep getting told they'll need to connect me with a CSR from Amazon.com to do it. I've been transferred four times to CSRs from Amazon.ca

It's like a game at this point.

Would I be better off selling Overwatch on Kijiji, or trading it in at EB Games? Are there any decent promotions going on at EB Games for trade-ins of wanted titles? Noire Widowmaker skin code has been used, but the Blizzard in-game goodies code hasn't been. I don't see myself playing this game again, and I'd rather sell it while it's still a hot topic.

UberTag

Would I be better off selling Overwatch on Kijiji, or trading it in at EB Games? Are there any decent promotions going on at EB Games for trade-ins of wanted titles? Noire Widowmaker skin code has been used, but the Blizzard in-game goodies code hasn't been. I don't see myself playing this game again, and I'd rather sell it while it's still a hot topic.
You could easily get more for it on Kijiji (or here, for that matter) than you would trading it in at EB.
EB runs trade-in promotions frequently but you want to use cheap games that qualify for those - not the top-selling game on the market.

You could easily get more for it on Kijiji (or here, for that matter) than you would trading it in at EB.
EB runs trade-in promotions frequently but you want to use cheap games that qualify for those - not the top-selling game on the market.
I figured. I remember getting an e-mail from EB Games a while back about bonuses for trading in "Most Wanted" games, but after looking into it more on their website, their offer is minimal at best.

Just bumping this for the new page!

You just missed one from a few days ago. Are you getting emails from eBay? It seems every couple of weeks, they'll announce a new coupon code that's only valid for a few hours that day (often something like $20 off $75 or $20USD off $75USD), so the easiest way to find out is to subscribe to their newsletter. RFD usually posts about them pretty quickly as well, if you read their forums.

You just missed one from a few days ago. Are you getting emails from eBay? It seems every couple of weeks, they'll announce a new coupon code that's only valid for a few hours that day (often something like $20 off $75 or $20USD off $75USD), so the easiest way to find out is to subscribe to their newsletter. RFD usually posts about them pretty quickly as well, if you read their forums.

Ugh yeah I just saw that one. Damn I can't believe I missed it by a day. Fuck!!!

frequency

Trying to get the Amazon.com $10 Promo credit I have applied to my .ca account.
I keep getting told they'll need to connect me with a CSR from Amazon.com to do it. I've been transferred four times to CSRs from Amazon.ca

It's like a game at this point.

I did it through email and it was done simply and easily and quickly. If you're trying to do it from phone or chat maybe try email?

Sealtest

If i order something from amazon, and like a week after it ships they drop the price, can i do anything?

It depends on who you talk with.

I ordered a WII U tablet screen protector for $17 and 4 days later it dropped to $7 and was told no but when I called they did it for me. I guess like everything else its hit or miss.

Luigi87

I did it through email and it was done simply and easily and quickly. If you're trying to do it from phone or chat maybe try email?

I tried again this morning and it worked out.
I explained it differently than I did last night. I think they may have misunderstood what I meant last night when asking for a transfer (thinking maybe I got the promo for other reasons).

I tried again this morning and it worked out.
I explained it differently than I did last night. I think they may have misunderstood what I meant last night when asking for a transfer (thinking maybe I got the promo for other reasons).

How did you word it and which Amazon did you email? I was told by a rep that they couldn't because they are two different websites.

EDIT: Answered, thanks.

GreyWind

Do you guys think it's better to trade in my day one Xbox One from 2013 for an Xbox One S at Ebgames or would I get more on kijiji?

I've never done this before so I'm seeking some advice.

Do you guys think it's better to trade in my day one Xbox One from 2013 for an Xbox One S at Ebgames or would I get more on kijiji?

I've never done this before so I'm seeking some advice.

you'd probably get more from money from kijiji especially when you compare it to ebgames trade-in values, but depending on what you're selling with the unit/the price, you might wait longer than you'd like for someone to actually buy it. plus its a common for people to make low-ball offers, or to barter for other items instead of money, which can be annoying if you're looking to make a quick sale. Try to mention these aspects in your listing since it'll reduce some of the replies you don't want: eg: CASH ONLY, LOCAL PICKUP, NO LOWBALL OFFERS, etc, etc.

Also, when dealing with somewhat large cash transactions, always meet up in person, either in a inside a public place (eg: a coffee shop) or in front of your local police station. avoid parking lots (especially a dimly lit ones), and as a rule, never ask people to pick up stuff from your own home. Also, since they're buying, make them come to you and have them meet you somewhere you're comfortable with.

And if they say something like "i'll pay paypal you the money if you ship it to me" don't even bother.

GreyWind

you'd probably get more from money from kijiji especially when you compare it to ebgames trade-in values, but depending on what you're selling with the unit/the price, you might wait longer than you'd like for someone to actually buy it. plus its a common for people to make low-ball offers, or to barter for other items instead of money, which can be annoying if you're looking to make a quick sale. Try to mention these aspects in your listing since it'll reduce some of the replies you don't want: eg: CASH ONLY, LOCAL PICKUP, NO LOWBALL OFFERS, etc, etc.

Also, when dealing with somewhat large cash transactions, always meet up in person, either in a inside a public place (eg: a coffee shop) or in front of your local police station. avoid parking lots (especially a dimly lit ones), and as a rule, never ask people to pick up stuff from your own home. Also, since they're buying, make them come to you and have them meet you somewhere you're comfortable with.

And if they say something like "i'll pay paypal you the money if you ship it to me" don't even bother.

I'll give this a try. Thank you so much

Ventara

Is anyone/place selling Soul Silver for... like not $100+ ?

Like, Pokemon SoulSilver, the DS game? That thing's been OOP and hard to find for a long time now, so any extra stock from retailers was gone years ago. Best you can hope for is to keep checking Kijiji or something.

diaspora

Like, Pokemon SoulSilver, the DS game? That thing's been OOP and hard to find for a long time now, so any extra stock from retailers was gone years ago. Best you can hope for is to keep checking Kijiji or something.

Yeah, but I've been hoping for a used version that isn't goddamn $140. I'll bite if I have to, but shit.

Ventara

Yeah, but I've been hoping for a used version that isn't goddamn $140. I'll bite if I have to, but shit.

Try EB. Just ask them to check surrounding stores for stock. I once cam across HeartGold, but the it's battery was dead, so I didn't bother buying it.

i-Jest

Is there some unpublished TiV deal at EB or is it still $225 only?

Is anyone/place selling Soul Silver for... like not $100+ ?

Why do some Pokemon games shoot up in value after they go out of print? I'm under the impression Nintendo makes a huge number of copies to support the masses. Is it just the "complete in box" copies, that came with all the original inserts, which collectors wanna pay out the ass for?

FyreWulff

Why do some Pokemon games shoot up in value after they go out of print? I'm under the impression Nintendo makes a huge number of copies to support the masses. Is it just the "complete in box" copies, that came with all the original inserts, which collectors wanna pay out the ass for?

That's Nintendo games for you. MarioKart DS actually cost more than 7 for a very long time used.

zroid

Banned

I don't know about the others, but HGSS was a unique situation because the cards had those IR receivers built-in to communicate with the PokéWalkers. And of course the games all came bundled with a PokéWalker.

Rbk_3

Does anyone know if EB Games "Switch your style" will work with trading an XBOX 1 towards an Xbox One S pre order? Seems like Kijiji will only net me about $250, while they offer a tax free $225.

I want to do it towards the 500gb version but it looks like they only have the 2TB version on their site.

Harusame

I don't know about the others, but HGSS was a unique situation because the cards had those IR receivers built-in to communicate with the PokéWalkers. And of course the games all came bundled with a PokéWalker.

HH/GS was indeed a unique situation. I recently visited my local used video game store, and they had a fully sealed HeartGold copy w/ the Pokewalker going to $250, and SoulSilver going for $300. I did however just buy Pokemon Crystal during my visit.

Kiro

My battery on my laptop just crapped out and the screen is cracked and the touch pad is on the fritz. Thinking of buying either a new laptop or if someone can find the battery that works for my model (because I can't for the life of me find it) I guess I'll use the laptop for the rest of its life. Any help CanadaGaf?

Product Number: F9H24UA#ABL
Product: HP Pavilion 15-n267ca

Rbk_3

My battery on my laptop just crapped out and the screen is cracked and the touch pad is on the fritz. Thinking of buying either a new laptop or if someone can find the battery that works for my model (because I can't for the life of me find it) I guess I'll use the laptop for the rest of its life. Any help CanadaGaf?

Product Number: F9H24UA#ABL
Product: HP Pavilion 15-n267ca

Either of these 2?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00URDOZKQ/

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-800049-0...861700?hash=item2819f02a44:g:474AAOSwOVpXV0w9

Does anyone know if EB Games "Switch your style" will work with trading an XBOX 1 towards an Xbox One S pre order? Seems like Kijiji will only net me about $250, while they offer a tax free $225.

I want to do it towards the 500gb version but it looks like they only have the 2TB version on their site.

im wondering this as well

Don't see why not. I did it upgrading from an original 500gb to an Elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom