• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbk_3

Just to confirm, are EB games trade ins still tax free? Ie if I trade in $70 worth, I can buy a $70 game and not pay tax?

Been forever since I traded in there.

Just to confirm, are EB games trade ins still tax free? Ie if I trade in $70 worth, I can buy a $70 game and not pay tax?

Been forever since I traded in there.

Yes. You can't put the credit on a gift card and do that though. The trade needs to be something immediately. Either a preorder or something you are buying right away. If you put it on a gift card you will get charged the tax the next time you try to use it.

Rbk_3

Yes. You can't put the credit on a gift card and do that though. The trade needs to be something immediately. Either a preorder or something you are buying right away. If you put it on a gift card you will get charged the tax the next time you try to use it.

Excellent. I'm gonna take my Xbox One in and try and do the switch my style toward the Slim.

Anyone have any idea what they are paying for a Kinect? That TIV site doesn't seem to have hardware past the PS3/360

Excellent. I'm gonna take my Xbox One in and try and do the switch my style toward the Slim.

Anyone have any idea what they are paying for a Kinect? That TIV site doesn't seem to have hardware past the PS3/360

Last I heard it was $75 but that was about six months ago.

Does Amazon always use Canada Post? I want to order a colouring book or two, but I won't have my mail key for the week because a family member took it accidentally.

SickBoy

For a second, I read this post and thought, "Hmm, yeah, it's coming out soon, maybe I should..."

...and then I realized that I really have no complaints about my original XB1. (The S looks pretty nice, though... they had one in a display at the MS Store).

I might feel differently if it were an "S" edition of the PS4 with bloody quieter fans. I've thought about cracking mine open to blow out dust and reapply thermal paste, but I'm not (quite) at that level of frustration yet.

Kyolux

Does Amazon always use Canada Post? I want to order a colouring book or two, but I won't have my mail key for the week because a family member took it accidentally.

They use Canada Post for every types of shipping for me 99% of the time. It's been over a year since they used anything else for me.

them thunderclaps...

Yeah, this is a pretty wicked thunderstorm. It makes me feel like I wasted time watering the flowers earlier.

Yeah, that was pretty intense over here too.

diaspora

I put in a cancellation request for an Amazon seller, the seller replied saying they can provide expedite shipping at no additional cost, but I replied asking to cancel anyway. Considering he hasn't sent the item yet, I the notice I've given ought to be sufficient right?

LifeLike

Hi Guys,

Let me know what you think of this deal:

Surface Pro 4 i5 16gb ram 256gb SSD + Type cover (surface pro 3)
For 1450$
Is that a good deal?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I'm thinking about switching to TekSavvy. Is their 15MBPS plan enough speed to watch HD Twitch/Netflix?

I'm on a 10mbps plan from a no-name company and I have no problem with Netflix.

Hi Guys,

Let me know what you think of this deal:

Surface Pro 4 i5 16gb ram 256gb SSD + Type cover (surface pro 3)
For 1450$
Is that a good deal?

$1949.00 on Microsoft Store, 10% education discount takes off another $195, and they usually have a free Type Cover promo.

It's not a bad deal if you need it now, but the SP4 has been out since October 2015 and there's a very good chance a new model is coming out at the end of this year.

LifeLike

Yes its not a deal at a retailer... Its on kijiji so no taxes. The tablet is brand new unopened. He says he can send me the receipt from Microsoft's online store. The question is if something goes wrong with the tablet can I return it with his receipt?

Yes its not a deal at a retailer... Its on kijiji so no taxes. The tablet is brand new unopened. He says he can send me the receipt from Microsoft's online store. The question is if something goes wrong with the tablet can I return it with his receipt?

Depends on his method of payment. If it was cash, sure. If not, you might have issues, unless you somehow try to convince them it was a gift?

Edit. Oh this was from the online store? Then I really have no clue

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Amazon let me return some games two months later, so I'm pleasantly surprised about that. The customer service can come through sometimes.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Just make sure the serial numbers on the receipt, box, and tablet itself all match. In case it was stolen/resealed.

That's why I just ship my order to my nearest Canada post. I don't have to deal with their random associated shipping.

I akways do this with Amazon but for some reason one time they shipped my order with purolator and they wouldn't deliver it to the Canada post. Had to get them to just drop it off at my place.

Does anyone here play Disney Infinity on PC or mobile? I have a few web codes that I won't be using, and figured I'd ask here before posting them in the freebies thread.

Xenoflare

Part of Deals with Gold this week, Battlefield Hardline Criminal Activity DLC is free for Xbox One. (360 version probably added by tomorrow, as per usual. Most likely Sony will have the same deal for PS4/PS3).

Battlefield Hardline Criminal Activity DLC (Xbox One)

Adding also some DOA5LR packs:

Core Fighters + Momiji - Currently Free (Xbox One)

DOA5 Last Round Character Momiji - Currently Free (Xbox One)

I hope one day the main game goes on sale. $40 is too stiff

Rbk_3

I got $268 for my One and Kinect toward the S.

Ended up paying about 150

I don't know what to do, and it's really annoying me.

Do I trade in or sell my current Xbox and buy the 2TB on launch day? Or wait until the other models come out?

I have 5TB in externals, but would like to get as good of an internal as possible, just for the sake of having it. But I don't need it.

I just worry that if I wait, the trade in or selling price for the current model will drop dramatically.

killroy87

I don't know what to do, and it's really annoying me.

Do I trade in or sell my current Xbox and buy the 2TB on launch day? Or wait until the other models come out?

I have 5TB in externals, but would like to get as good of an internal as possible, just for the sake of having it. But I don't need it.

I just worry that if I wait, the trade in or selling price for the current model will drop dramatically.

If you have 5GB in externals, than a 2TB still isn't enough for you, so might as well just get the cheaper model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom