• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Google

Hi Guys,

Let me know what you think of this deal:

Surface Pro 4 i5 16gb ram 256gb SSD + Type cover (surface pro 3)
For 1450$
Is that a good deal?

I owned an SP4 for around 8 months and really did not enjoy the experience.

It was buggy as hell (lots of crashes resulting from power states - not being able to unlock, power on after the type cover was used, keyboard not working, etc.) and ran incredibly hot with some less than desirable battery life.

Without knowing anything about you and your situation, if you're looking at spending $1500 on a used laptop there are many, many better options in that price range at both the Windows and OSX level.

If you have 5GB in externals, than a 2TB still isn't enough for you, so might as well just get the cheaper model.

Yeah...I'm thinking that. My only worries are:

1) If the externals break, I'll have to replace them or will be left with limited space again.

2) Who knows what the trade-in or Kijiji prices will be for current Xbox Ones weeks or months after the release of the first S.

I don't really want to spend $600 right now, minus whatever the current model fetches, but this keeps me up at night. I hate how it releases on Aug. 2.

killroy87

Yeah...I'm thinking that. My only worries are:

1) If the externals break, I'll have to replace them or will be left with limited space again.

2) Who knows what the trade-in or Kijiji prices will be for current Xbox Ones weeks or months after the release of the first S.

I don't really want to spend $600 right now, minus whatever the current model fetches, but this keeps me up at night. I hate how it releases on Aug. 2.

It releases like three weeks later. Just trade in now for a preorder for a 500GB Xbone S, and wait it out.

Kyolux

Looking at the bundle on steam and its priced 79.99 here in Canada...makes me think the PSN price will get adjusted. I may have jumped in at 29.99 but 60+ is too much.

Yeah, I think that's what's going to be my call too. I would have been a nice diversion at a lower price. But this is too much for the time I'm likely going to put on these two games.

anyone here have a 4ktv? worth a purchase this year?

i stream alot of stuff (netflix/amazon has an option i think?) and was gonna replace my tv soon anyways

The biggest problem I was finding is that from 7-8 feet distance, where i watch TV from, I can't tell the difference between 4K and 1080p. Well, I later found out I wasn't crazy, and there are charts online that tell you whether 4k is worth it for you or not depending on the distance were watching from and TV size.

Issue 2: the HDR technology. is apparently a very big leap in tech. So the TVs that have it are comparably very expensive.

Ultimately went with an LED 1080p

killroy87

Damn, I wish I knew if MUA Xbone will have the DLC. If I knew it doesn't I'd punce on the PS4 version at $59, since that will probably change. But I'll be annoyed if I found out the Xbone version got the DLC.

Clive

Damn, I wish I knew if MUA Xbone will have the DLC. If I knew it doesn't I'd punce on the PS4 version at $59, since that will probably change. But I'll be annoyed if I found out the Xbone version got the DLC.

Why would there be any chance of the Xbox One version being different?

killroy87

Why would there be any chance of the Xbox One version being different?

360 version of the original MUA had DLC that the PS3 version didn't. And the PS4 version doesn't have that DLC, so depending on which version of the game is ported to Xbone, it could have more content.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I hope we get a nice trade in deal at EB/Microsoft Store towards the Xbox One S. I wanna trade in my Phat + Kinect for hopefully around $250.

diaspora

Well, the upshot of letting go of console, handheld, and mobile(lol) gaming go is a ton of money saved on tepid hardware and software. Incidentally, does anyone know if the AIB Sapphire 480 is available yet?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Isn't that already the current promo at eb?
It's $225 right now, it dropped from $250.
Hmmm actually, maybe I should trade it in now so it doesn't go any lower. You can use that promo for pre-orders right?
Or maybe I should wait to see Black Friday bundles, maybe they will bundle in Battlefield 1 or something else hmmmmm...

Magnus

I traded my XB1 in (no Kinect) for $210 in credit against any console SKU, and did it during E3 week. Figured the value would crash hard after E3, but I guess it didn't yet...which is great for anyone still wanting to do it! $210 is really around $240 or so, since it covers the tax on $210 as well whenever I end up purchasing something. The credit's sitting on an XB1 S but can be moved to a Neo/NX later on. Don't think I'll be getting an S.

zroid

Banned
My skinny ass might just indulge. Where did you find these? Do I just show the cashier this image to get the promo?
I spotted it in the RFD weekly digest, lol. It's from the Cinnabon facebook page I think.

and no apparently you have to print it out. it says there they won't accept "digital" versions.

those "Chillfactr" smoothies are pretty good btw, at 50% off it's worth it imo

whitehawk

Banned
So I was out of the country when PSVR prices were announced. Am I out of luck for pre-orders? Am I going to have to camp out at midnight if I want one?

Kyolux

So I was out of the country when PSVR prices were announced. Am I out of luck for pre-orders? Am I going to have to camp out at midnight if I want one?

Possibly.. there's not going to be anymore pre-orders until release.

Maybe keep an eye out here and there, someone might give a heads up that they're cancelling theirs.

Rbk_3

I have the P65 coming. Ordered it from Costco.ca on June 28 when it first went up and it's currently on its way from Vancouver where it was picked up July 12 to Brampton via Alero Worldwide. This has been the most ridiculous shipping process I've ever seen

The biggest problem I was finding is that from 7-8 feet distance, where i watch TV from, I can't tell the difference between 4K and 1080p. Well, I later found out I wasn't crazy, and there are charts online that tell you whether 4k is worth it for you or not depending on the distance were watching from and TV size.

Issue 2: the HDR technology. is apparently a very big leap in tech. So the TVs that have it are comparably very expensive.

Ultimately went with an LED 1080p

Yep, I thought about going cheap with the Vizio D series 1080p 70" for 1700 but said fuck it and future proof myself for 3k

Rbk_3

It's $225 right now, it dropped from $250.
Hmmm actually, maybe I should trade it in now so it doesn't go any lower. You can use that promo for pre-orders right?
Or maybe I should wait to see Black Friday bundles, maybe they will bundle in Battlefield 1 or something else hmmmmm...

I just did it, it was 225 plus with Kinect it came to $268. Remember than is tax free, equal to selling for like 300 on kijiji. I was very pleased with the deal. No one bit on my kijiji ad for 300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom