• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Jest

I *finally* did a live chat with Amazon about my Poké Sun Moon orders

They actually told me that the issue with my order had already been escalated to the Promotions team, even though I had never contacted them before, so I guess I really was supposed to have the discount applied already.

The CS agent just told me he marked the issue with high priority and I SHOULD get an email from Amazon within 2 business days. So hopefully that will be that. Really don't want to have to talk to them about this again...

Yeah, same with me. Hoping for not bullshit reason as to why one is discounted and the other won't be.

zroid

Banned
lol I just got some spam emails trying to prey on people who are concerned about the Canada Post work stoppage situation

they're nothing if not creative

Rbk_3

The 500GB and 1TB are still on the site.

And no, the guy working there didn't even know that there were multiple versions of the S. He had to show me the sku listings so I could tell him which one I wanted. it just said 500GB on the screen, no indication of a special bundle or anything, whereas the 2TB had the launch and Gears edition listed. I did ask the guy if there'd be any issues switching over my order to the halo bundle if it happens, he said there shouldn't be any problems.

Also, not sure if anything will come from this, but I hope so.
bundlemvsl6.jpg

Well, at this point we don't have a choice of buying from somewhere else lol.

They have to get the bundles or who would buy from them? Well, besides those doing the trade in deal.

Anyway, when I looked this afternoon the 1TB and 500gb models weren't on there, but they are now again.

Xenoflare

The 500GB and 1TB are still on the site.

And no, the guy working there didn't even know that there were multiple versions of the S. He had to show me the sku listings so I could tell him which one I wanted. it just said 500GB on the screen, no indication of a special bundle or anything, whereas the 2TB had the launch and Gears edition listed. I did ask the guy if there'd be any issues switching over my order to the halo bundle if it happens, he said there shouldn't be any problems.

Also, not sure if anything will come from this, but I hope so.
bundlemvsl6.jpg

I saw the 1TB Madden bundle on best buy's website

and to be fair, the actual Microsoft Store near me did not know the real release date of the One S. I asked them two weeks ago and they thought the 2TB version is actually coming out on the 31st, the sales associate even took a screen cap of the EB website (with the Aug 2nd date) so he could reference it later. In retrospect I should be baffled that EB knew something the offical microsoft store does not. The store is nice though the the selection of games is wide but expensive.

Switching orders shouldn't be a problem though I did it before with games and it's pretty easy.

Off topic, funny that with my experience EB would take preorders up until the day before the release day while Best Buy closes them 2 weeks before the game's launch, don't know if EB is still doing this

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Why are people trading up for an S? I guess the expectation is that you'll just trade it again in a year when the Scorpio comes out?

killroy87

Why are people trading up for an S? I guess the expectation is that you'll just trade it again in a year when the Scorpio comes out?

Yeah. I guess if you have the money, why not. The S also makes for a super cheap 4K bluray player, which is handy if you're in the market.

Yeah. I guess if you have the money, why not. The S also makes for a super cheap 4K bluray player, which is handy if you're in the market.

Fresh warranty too I suppose. And internal HDD upgrade if you opt for 1 or 2 TB. Maybe new controller is also appealing. Anyone still using a basic 500gb with kinect may never get a higher trade in value.

SickBoy

I don't feel compelled to upgrade... in fact, I think I'd be worried about the smaller console producing nore noise.

It would suck to update only to lose the near silence of the current model.

Still, they've got one behind glass at my local Microsoft store and I've gotta admit, it looks pretty nice.

univbee

Does anyone know the trade in value of a 1TB Xbox One? I see the posts saying $225 toward an Xbox One S, but how much can I get without putting it towards another console? I recently built a gaming pc so I'm considering selling or trading the Xbox One before the value completely tanks.

I wouldn't mind knowing this too. I'm moving in a month and would rather off-load the console if it's possible to get a not-super-terrible price for it.

diaspora

I'm probably cancelling my order of the $60 ($65 after shipping) soul silver cart. I'm probably buying both HG and SS for $140 for both from Kijiji >.>

Ventara

I'm probably cancelling my order of the $60 ($65 after shipping) soul silver cart. I'm probably buying both HG and SS for $140 for both from Kijiji >.>

$140? You're getting ripped off unless they're in mint condition with Pokewalker and box. I see these 2 on Kijiji every now and then between $30-50.

suikodan

Wow, seeing posts about Pokemon SS give me ideas about selling them.

Is SS the only "valuable" version? Are BW/BW2 valuable?

I won't come back to these versions anyways and my Pokemon from my playthroughs are already in the Bank, including my Red Gyarados <3

etta

my hard graphic balls
Well, at this point we don't have a choice of buying from somewhere else lol.

They have to get the bundles or who would buy from them? Well, besides those doing the trade in deal.

Anyway, when I looked this afternoon the 1TB and 500gb models weren't on there, but they are now again.
I just finished up with EB. They gave me $262 for my Kinect Xbox One, and they put it towards the vanilla 500GB but said I could switch to the Halo bundle when I go to pick it up.
Now to wait 25 days :z

suikodan

I just finished up with EB. They gave me $262 for my Kinect Xbox One, and they put it towards the vanilla 500GB but said I could switch to the Halo bundle when I go to pick it up.
Now to wait 25 days :z

And how much are each new system (Have a Kinect XBone...)

farisr

For me personally, it's getting rid of nearly all the hardware design issues that I had with the original xbox one.

Smaller console size
no power brick
front usb port
new updated controller with the headphone jack built in

All things that will actually result in me playing the xbox one more as it'll be easier to move around (I do most of my gaming in my room, but don't have space to keep more than one console, and moving around the base xbox one is a pain thanks to the bulkiness of the console and the big power brick, not anymore though).

Being a uhd bluray player is a bonus as well.

As for scorpio, I feel no need to get that. It'll be expensive when it launches, would rather spend that money towards a better GPU. My Xbox One is going to basically be used occasionally for Kinect title (or going back to old ones since Kinect output is likely pretty much done now), Rock Band 4 and and will mostly be an EA games machine thanks to EA access. Had EA Access shown up on playstation, I wouldn't have bothered to upgrade my xbox one (Origin Access on PC is not nearly as good as EA access on Xbox).

Playstation is going to be my console of choice in the future for all other games.
And how much are each new system (Have a Kinect XBone...)
500GB = $400
1TB = $450
2TB = $500
2TB Gears 4 Limited Edition = $550

If you're trading in the xbox one (power cables + 1 controller) + Kinect you would have to pay:
500GB = $138+tax
1TB = $188+tax
2TB = $238+tax
2TB Gears 4 = $288+tax.

Gitaroo

how much does a xbone 500g wihout kinect worth? I got mine when they first announced the non kinect bundle. 225 at eb? I really hope they will do a white Xbone S 500g + Forza 3 digital code.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For me personally, it's getting rid of nearly all the hardware design issues that I had with the original xbox one.

Smaller console size
no power brick
front usb port
new updated controller with the headphone jack built in

All things that will actually result in me playing the xbox one more as it'll be easier to move around (I do most of my gaming in my room, but don't have space to keep more than one console, and moving around the base xbox one is a pain thanks to the bulkiness of the console and the big power brick, not anymore though).
I wouldn't mind these things, particularly since the Xbone is so gigantic and I'm moving soon. But if you have to trade in the Kinect, then you'd have to buy another one anyway for the 2 games that use it (I don't know why I still have Fantasia lol), then it just becomes a matter of wanting to just put that money toward the Neo or games or something.

That said, if you move your games to an external drive, can you just plug it into the new Xbox? Or do you have to redownload everything? I guess I could be okay with upgrading to a 500... maybe.

how much does a xbone 500g wihout kinect worth? I got mine when they first announced the non kinect bundle. 225 at eb? I really hope they will do a white Xbone S 500g + Forza 3 digital code.

I think the offer ends this month so I assume it has to be in the system now?

It's strange, their website doesn't even list the 500 or 1tb options. Just the 2tb white one and the Gears bundle.

Gitaroo

That said, if you move your games to an external drive, can you just plug it into the new Xbox? Or do you have to redownload everything? I guess I could be okay with upgrading to a 500... maybe.

I think you just plug it in and it will verify the license on your account, if you do own the games it will launch automatically. I went from hard copy halo collection and halo 5 to digital without downloading anything.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, I just gave my EB a call and they said they couldn't apply the 225 promo thing to the S anyway because it's not out yet and to just wait and see if the promo is extended to next month.

No idea if that's just this store or whatever, but I save 150 that way I guess. lol

Would be all over that. FH3 looked spectacular at E3.

They did a Forza 6 bundle (the blue one) so FH3 certainly possible.

Gitaroo

Would be all over that. FH3 looked spectacular at E3.

They did a Forza 6 bundle (the blue one) so FH3 certainly possible.
I tweeted Major Nelson and ask him if there is going to be one, but I just realize the EB trade in deal end this month.. so hope it get announced soon ....

farisr

I wouldn't mind these things, particularly since the Xbone is so gigantic and I'm moving soon. But if you have to trade in the Kinect, then you'd have to buy another one anyway for the 2 games that use it (I don't know why I still have Fantasia lol), then it just becomes a matter of wanting to just put that money toward the Neo or games or something.
I didn't trade in my kinect, without the kinect you get $225 for the xbox one (power cables + controller).

I think the offer ends this month so I assume it has to be in the system now?

It's strange, their website doesn't even list the 500 or 1tb options. Just the 2tb white one and the Gears bundle.
Yeah, you don't have to redownload everything if you move everything to an external hard drive. And the sale ends this month. The website doesn't outright list it if you try to browse via category, but if you search for "xbox one s", the 500gb and 1tp options show up.

If you plan on keeping the kinect though, you'll need an adapter for the xbox one s. Which you can order for free once you get the S as long as you kept your old xbox one and kinect registered to your account on the MS website.

Clive

If I don't have a 4k TV then the Xbone S is pretty useless if I have the OG model, right? I'm feeling the hype but I can't really see how it's worth it with the Scorpio just around the corner.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I didn't trade in my kinect, without the kinect you get $225 for the xbox one (power cables + controller).Yeah, you don't have to redownload everything if you move everything to an external hard drive. And the sale ends this month. The website doesn't outright list it if you try to browse via category, but if you search for "xbox one s", the 500gb and 1tp options show up.

If you plan on keeping the kinect though, you'll need an adapter for the xbox one s. Which you can order for free once you get the S as long as you kept your old xbox one and kinect registered to your account on the MS website.

Did they give you any trouble when you said you wanted an S?
They said they can't apply the promotion to preorder consoles, so I just gave up.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I finally ordered a physical Sunset Overdrive copy for $10 (I've had the digital since release), I love that beautiful album art so much, gotta have it on my shelf and be able to pick it up once in a while. It's gonna complement the white S very well since I wanted that white Xbox One Sunset Overdrive bundle but couldn't get one.

So gorgeous.

farisr

If I don't have a 4k TV then the Xbone S is pretty useless if I have the OG model, right? I'm feeling the hype but I can't really see how it's worth it with the Scorpio just around the corner.
If you're interested in getting the scorpio next year, and don't care about the form factor changes and uhd player, then yeah, I wouldn't recommend getting the S if you already have the OG model.
They said they can't apply the promotion to preorder consoles, so I just gave up.
Not really. Dude wasn't sure if the promotion would apply going from an xbox to another xbox. I said it should, and I had a friend who went to another ebgames to do the trade and it worked there. Then he tried it out and it worked. Nothing at all about "it can't apply to preorder consoles".

Yeah not worth it. The two actual new features are 4k Blu-ray support and support for HDR.

etta

my hard graphic balls
That's crazy, it definitely works for pre-orders since it just locks your money in for that console (says it on my receipt that it was used for a pre-order of Xbox One S 500GB).
Call them back and ask for the manager.

Xenoflare

I finally ordered a physical Sunset Overdrive copy for $10 (I've had the digital since release), I love that beatiful album art so much, gotta have it on my shelf and be able to pick it up once in a while. It's gonna complement the white S very well since I wanted that white Xbox One Sunset Overdrive bundle but couldn't get one.

So gorgeous.

Ugh, I want one too but I usually only buy games in stores, this thing is $30 at MS's own store.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oh EB.

Yeah call them back and be a bit assertive but calm, glad I sworn that thing off a long time ago.

Hey ya'll.

I'm thinking about getting a 4k tv but I'm a little lost. What's the best brand/model to get here in Canada? Some TVs are hugely expensive while others are only in the $500 range and it's a bit confusing.

My stipulations are I want something with HDR, something suitable for gaming (low input lag), and I only want about a 40 inch display.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The clerk's reasoning was that I would not get the full $225 for the console if I put it toward a pre-order - apparently that only works if you are buying a console the same day or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom