• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoflare

Thanks

Still very undecided.

I am too, although I think the chances of me picking up my 2TB order is higher.

I honestly think this is for people like me who does not own any of the current consoles, if you already have a Xbox One you should just give this a pass unless you really, really need the 4K features

Kyolux

The spoiler thread for NMS kind of raised my interest to "might pick up if vr is supported" to "might pick up".

Anyone know if there's going to be any special trade-in deals somewhere to buy that game when it comes out?

I want to offload Star Ocean and Uncharted since I've been mostly disappointed with both and don't plan on playing them again.

edit: nevermind all this.. I think I'll pass on it still. Thinking of October and how I'll be buying a lot of games for VR.. I'm going to hold off on buying anything I don't really really want.

Banglish

I am too, although I think the chances of me picking up my 2TB order is higher.

I honestly think this is for people like me who does not own any of the current consoles, if you already have a Xbox One you should just give this a pass unless you really, really need the 4K features

I'm considering trading in my one and replacing it with the S just because of the shitty controllers and connectivity problems and more HDD space.

BTails

CFL will be the first sports game I buy day 1 in years. Can't wait to punt on third down all day long. Shame I'm the only guy in my office who likes CFL, haha.

Maximus.

Didn't revisions typically come with price drops in years past? This sucks :(

I want to get one later this year just for the TV/DVR features, but man that's pricey.

Well our dollar is weak and the console isn't doing so well, so I am not surprised. I agree though, I am used to revisions having a cheaper price than the OG consoles.

traded in my xbone for the S upgrade. had to call around a bit, first ebgames wouldn't do it

got the 1 TB one pre-ordered now. the controller upgrade, smaller size and built in PSU were worth the extra $$ to me

CazTGG

I haven't heard anything negative then. In fact, looks like it's an enterprise level drive so you get ECC even. It's not going to be as blazing fast as a M.2 drive but it's already wayyyy better than a spinning disk drive. In theory should work fine on a laptop

Thanks, i'll probably go for one if they're still available after payday since I opted to go for more RAM for my laptop instead.

EDIT: Apparently Newegg has a Samsung SSD with roughly the same storage at 1.92 TB for a substantially lower amount, albeit from a third party seller. Since when did they make storage drives with unusual capacities like that?

Kyolux

The spoiler thread for NMS kind of raised my interest to "might pick up if vr is supported" to "might pick up".

Anyone know if there's going to be any special trade-in deals somewhere to buy that game when it comes out?

I want to offload Star Ocean and Uncharted since I've been mostly disappointed with both and don't plan on playing them again.

edit: nevermind all this.. I think I'll pass on it still. Thinking of October and how I'll be buying a lot of games for VR.. I'm going to hold off on buying anything I don't really really want.

so... nevermind that neverming.. can't make up my mind just yet.. But I'm suddenly really tempted by the game...

Especially with still no confirmations that steins;gate 0 is coming out this month. I need something to fill the void.

kevin1025

Banned
so... nevermind that neverming.. can't make up my mind just yet.. But I'm suddenly really tempted by the game...

Especially with still no confirmations that steins;gate 0 is coming out this month. I need something to fill the void.

The only trade in program I've seen for No Man's Sky has been the trade 3 (worth $10 minimum), get $70 promotion at EB Games. Or you can bring in Uncharted and Star Ocean to EB Games and get $65 for them, according to the trade-in estimator, and not have that far left to go to make up the difference. EB Games might have a new promotion at the start of August, though.

But for me, the closer the game gets, the more I'm all in on it, even when the wait made me lukewarm for a while there.

Kyolux

The only trade in program I've seen for No Man's Sky has been the trade 3 (worth $10 minimum), get $70 promotion at EB Games. Or you can bring in Uncharted and Star Ocean to EB Games and get $65 for them, according to the trade-in estimator, and not have that far left to go to make up the difference. EB Games might have a new promotion at the start of August, though.

But for me, the closer the game gets, the more I'm all in on it, even when the wait made me lukewarm for a while there.

Thanks, seems like I could get that $70 for 3 deal with WWE 2k16, RB4 and LBP 3. Guess I'll try and make a quick stop to an EB games tomorrow with those 5 games. So weird.. I haven't bought anything there in a few years.

ohlawd

why bother with anything other than the 500 gig? plug in your own external. the default drives in the systems are gonna be slow and that's guaranteed. take the $100 you save over the 2 TB and put that money into an external of similar size.

terrible

Banned
why bother with anything other than the 500 gig? plug in your own external. the default drives in the systems are gonna be slow and that's guaranteed. take the $100 you save over the 2 TB and put that money into an external of similar size.

Having an extra drive connected sort of cancels out part of the benefits of upgrading to a slim I think.

ohlawd

Having an extra drive connected sort of cancels out part of the benefits of upgrading to a slim I think.

I guess. you'd have to pay me to use the default drives tho. when you have some games that take 1 min per loading screen and you can save 20 secs when it's in an external I'll take that easy.

Banglish

I guess. you'd have to pay me to use the default drives tho. when you have some games that take 1 min per loading screen and you can save 20 secs when it's in an external I'll take that easy.

Huh. Never knew about this. I might just go for the 500GB S then and buy an external.

ohlawd

Cool that was informative. What sort of drive did you end up going with?
some 3 TB Seagate (I know, I know) about two years ago. all I know is it's 7200 rpm and I noticed right away loading times were shorter when I plugged it in and moved my stuff on it. got it for $110, iirc

terrible

Banned

Yeah, absolutely. I use a USB hard drive myself and it's pretty good. I'm not really concerned about the space my Xbox takes up though. If someone is specifically upgrading to the slim because it's smaller and has an internal power supply that could be a deal breaker though.

i-Jest

Does anybody know if you buy a used DS game from EB Games online, you'd get the full package. What I mean is you get the cartridge, cartridge box, manual and whatever inserts came in the box (if at all)?

What is the best way to buy a vita for a good price?

Someone else linked to a factory refurbished site in this thread that sells Playstation stuff? I think an OLED 1000 is like $99 or something. I'm really tempted to get one since HENkaku just came out too, but then I would have ALL 3 Vita systems and then the shame would be too great to bear... Anyway sorry I'm on mobile so I cant get the link for you, just search the thread for factory refurbished and it should pop up.

Does anybody know if you buy a used DS game from EB Games online, you'd get the full package. What I mean is you get the cartridge, cartridge box, manual and whatever inserts came in the box (if at all)?

No guarantees necessarily that it will come with a manual, but generally it will have a case and insert cover, just not necessarily the original. Depends on the game, if its a rare/very rare game then theres a bigger chance the only copy left in warehouse is a caseless version so you wont get original packaging, just a printed cover and generic case. Ofc we always send/sell the best copy first and save the less nice stuff for last.

CazTGG

woah I just saw an ad on GAF re: 10 Timbits for $1

can't find any mention of it on TH's site tho

There should be a sign in front or near your local Tim's that has all the details. Short version: With the purchase of a drink like, say, a cap, you can get 10 Timbits for $1*.

*Only works after 1 P.M., YMMV as to whether they accept said deal after 10 P.M.

killroy87

Erasing my Xbone to trade it in towards a One S, called to get confirmation they would.

I'm 99% sure the answer is no, but they don't need a box for the console, do they? I can just give them the console, cords, and controller loose?

I wish I didn't have to get rid of a controller to do the trade. I sold the regular black one I had, and only have special edition controllers with the grip now.

Banglish

some 3 TB Seagate (I know, I know) about two years ago. all I know is it's 7200 rpm and I noticed right away loading times were shorter when I plugged it in and moved my stuff on it. got it for $110, iirc

I think going to go this route then, yaa 3TB for 110 is a steal but I'll probably stay away from Seagate lol.

Erasing my Xbone to trade it in towards a One S, called to get confirmation they would.

I'm 99% sure the answer is no, but they don't need a box for the console, do they? I can just give them the console, cords, and controller loose?

Is this at Eb games or Gamestop?

farisr

I'm scared to almost ask, but how much are you getting for it?
$225. Considering the selling price is now $320, I can't complain
Yeah, it's 225. But really it's worth 225+tax (as the credit directly deducts the price from the console you're putting it towards, which is then taxed afterwards from the reduced price).

The average used xbox one console on ebay is going for less than 220 when I checked a few days ago, so it's a really good deal imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom