• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

I am computer-illiterate and need a new laptop for my final semester of school. I just want something portable but can do some light gaming and multi-task with ease. Looking to spend around $1000. Can anyone help me out!?
What kind of light gaming? Do you an example of this?

Moltenix

Shit, I didn't think things through. Was hoping to wait for PS4 Neo and trade in my XB1 towards that. But the value of this thing is gonna tank hard with One S coming out.

I am computer-illiterate and need a new laptop for my final semester of school. I just want something portable but can do some light gaming and multi-task with ease. Looking to spend around $1000. Can anyone help me out!?

$1000 can get you a really really good laptop. You could even get a Surface Pro 4 or iPad Pro if you want a hybrid tablet-laptop combo.

This is pretty good. Integrated graphics so you won't be playing anything high-end, but it has an SSD, an i7, and a full HD touchscreen display: https://www.microsoftstore.com/stor...gnature-Edition-2-in-1-PC/productID.333111300

What kind of light gaming? Do you an example of this?

I was thinking just random indie games. Nothing too crazy. Nothing more taxing than Yooka Laylee really.

$1000 can get you a really really good laptop. You could even get a Surface Pro 4 or iPad Pro if you want a hybrid tablet-laptop combo.

This is pretty good. Integrated graphics so you won't be playing anything high-end, but it has an SSD, an i7, and a full HD touchscreen display: https://www.microsoftstore.com/stor...gnature-Edition-2-in-1-PC/productID.333111300

I was thinking about a Surface but when I looked they seemed so pricey! I'll have to check again.
That Dell one catches my eye though. Thanks!

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is still $59.99 on PSN despite being $79.99 on PSN and Steam.

Surprised it didn't change during the update today. They keep missing it.

patochaos

Neo Member
So I'm in Vancouver a few weeks for work.

Want to get a RX 480, but

NCIX is completely sold out
Amazon has 1 o 2 items left, and 50% overpriced.

Any other options for me?

I think the standard trade in value at EB was $165 (the Switch your style bumped it to $225), so you should be good. Call to make sure, since they refresh trade values all the time. I'd get rid of it as soon as you can though, since I predict the value will drop like a stone throughout August.

Yeah it sounds like it's $175-180 now with the new trade in deal. The Microsoft Store said they have to evaluate the old console in-store before they can give a price for the trade-in. Oh god I'm not looking forward to having to lug this VCR console onto the subway

EDIT: Doing the Math in my head at EB Games the trade in would have the XBOne S come in at 350, which I'm cool with, and I'm trading in some extra games that are seriously still wrapped and I will never play anyway. I might as well get the 1TB now cause if you do the current EB Games deal and put it towards the 1TB bundle it's only a $40 difference, with the 500GB it's $60, both after tax.

Kyolux

For my fellow Science Adventures fans..

Steins;gate 0 seems to be releasing on September 27th, according to amazon.com.

joecanada

So I'm in Vancouver a few weeks for work.

Want to get a RX 480, but

NCIX is completely sold out
Amazon has 1 o 2 items left, and 50% overpriced.

Any other options for me?

sorry I can't really help but just curious how everyone has viewed the fallout of the prices and stuff between the RX480s and 1060's here.

Like I am seeing 1060 pretty much the same price and am leaning toward that but not sure if all the cards are available yet ....

here is the latest pcpartpicker.ca filter though in case it's helpful...

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=373,370

Kyolux

Book days off, skip class, etc etc. I still want a Chaos;Head NoAH or Chaos;Child localisation though

Yeah, I have the week after FFXV releasing off, and just put the following one as well as tentative vacations. Should help with that.

Seems like the Chaos series is way less likely to make its way here, sadly. Maybe on Steam some day. :/

Yasumi

Banned
I'm in at that price.

Is this ok to play without playing previous games? I've had this discussion before, but I forgot.

edit: ordered, so hope the answer is YES.

edit2:

hmmm Am I going to be ok? How do I play the previous stuff?
Previous games are on PSP/Vita. I'd recommend at least playing the first one, and reading a summary of the second (Book of Shadows). Blood Drive is a direct sequel to BoS.

khaaan

Non-gaming

Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers Volume 2 $4.88

It felt like both the DVD's had been wiped off the face of the earth and I was bummed that I had missed the chance to buy them. Randomly took a look on Amazon and they're available for a good price. There' also Volume 1 for $9.97 but I think that's closer to what it normally would cost.

Did anyone buy that Ninja Turtles box set from a couple pages back? I started watching it over the weekend and Disc 2 only has two episodes selectable from the main menu but if you set it "Play All" and let it run, it'll start playing the episodes that the index card says are on the disc. Not really the ideal way to watch but I guess I can deal with it.

Kaydan

Banned
I have the Xbox One S 1tb pre-ordered at EB games (took advantage of the trade-in promo in July). I'm a little worried though as it seems like every other store has games bundled with the 1tb console, except for eb games... Do you guys think it's an oversight and will be corrected soon? Or have I pre-ordered through the only store which doesn't provide bundled games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom