• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayu26

So wait, 5 eligible games and a PS4 will get me $425 towards a PS4 Pro? So I'll only have to pay $75 (+tax)?

lol, no.

You have to exchange an old console (I think PS4 specifically because that is the only one that gets you $250) and need to be Edge Platinum to get the to $425. I think...

Ventara

No, that 5 eligible game promo only gets you $100 off.

Yeah, I get that the 5 game thing is $100, but seems like you can combine it with a PS4 trade to get $425 is what I'm asking.

lol, no.

You have to exchange an old console and need to be Edge Platinum to get the to $425. I think...

I clearly mentioned trading in 5 games AND a PS4?

Edit: Just to clarify, this is the deal I'm talking about.

Save Up To $425 on a PS4 Pro

Ad is a combination of the following three promotions. You are not required to participate in all 3 promotions at once and can choose to do only one or any combination of 2 while still receiving the associated bonus and simply paying the difference. You will however not be able to reach $0 without fully participating in all three promotions simultaneously.

1)Trade 5 get $100 towards a new PS4 Pro:

Eligible games will be increased to $20 each, with a maximum of $100. Less than 5 eligible games may be traded while still receiving $20 for each eligible title. Eligible games must have an initial minimum $8 trade value and are only for the following consoles: PS3, PS4, 360, XB1, 3DS and Wii U.

Click here for eligible titles

Games worth over $20 will not be adjusted and will still receive their EDGE bonus. Ineligible games that are normally accepted can still be traded to help reduce the price but will not be adjusted to $20, they may however receive an increase from other promotions.

2)Level-Up Your Console:

Eligible consoles will receive a 10% increase plus their EDGE membership bonus. Eligible consoles include PS4, XB1, 3DS, 3DS XL, “new” 3DS, “new” 3DS XL, 2DS, and Wii U. Ineligible consoles that are normally accepted can still be traded to help reduce the price but will receive no trade bonus other than from the associated EDGE membership.

3)Save $50 on a PS4 Pro with trade:

The new PS4 Pro being purchased will receive a $50 discount when any normally accepted console is traded towards it. Accepted consoles include, but are not limited to, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii, Wii U, DSI, DSI XL, 2DS, 3DS, 3DS XL, “new” 3DS, and “new” 3DS XL.

Offer ends November 20, 2016. In store only. All trades must be in full working order with all necessary components. Games must have cases and instructions. No substitutions will be made. Some exceptions may apply. Offer only valid towards the purchase of any new PS4 Pro model. Reaching $425 is based on trading 5 eligible games, an Xbox One Elite 1TB and purchasing a new PS4 Pro. Difference may be paid if not all requirements to reach $425 are met. See associate for complete details.

Just wondering if the value of a PS4 would be the same as an X1 Elite 1TB.

baconcow

Yeah, I get that the 5 game thing is $100, but seems like you can combine it with a PS4 trade to get $425 is what I'm asking.

The base trade-in value of the PS4 is $175. I am assuming the X1 Elite is higher?

Moltenix

So wait, 5 eligible games and a PS4 will get me $425 towards a PS4 Pro? So I'll only have to pay $75 (+tax)?

Reaching $425 is based on trading 5 eligible games, an Xbox One Elite 1TB and purchasing a new PS4 Pro. Difference may be paid if not all requirements to reach $425 are met.

Most you're going to get trading in an OG PS4 and 5 games would be around $210 + $100 + $50 = $360. That's if you get one of good EB's willing to let you stack the $210 promo with this one; some folks haven't been as lucky.

jayu26

Either you edited and I did not pay attention, or I switched universe...again. Did Trump win in this one too?

Ventara

Reaching $425 is based on trading 5 eligible games, an Xbox One Elite 1TB and purchasing a new PS4 Pro. Difference may be paid if not all requirements to reach $425 are met.

Most you're going to get trading in an OG PS4 and 5 games would be around $210 + $100 + $50 = $360. That's if you get one of good EB's willing to let you stack the $210 promo with this one; some folks haven't been as lucky.

Ah, so it's basically just $150 on top of the value of the console you trade in? Does that mean the X1 Elite 1TB is trading in for $275?

Anyways, guess I'll pass. Not looking to pay $175 + tax for an upgrade.

Either you edited and I did not pay attention, or I switched universe...again. Did Trump win in this one too?

Yes, he won in this one, too. Come pick me up once you find the right one.

Cru Jones

Same here, I was there earlier and it said not available... then I could add it to cart... then nothing happened when I pressed the button. Refreshed the page (took about 3 minutes) and then clicked add to cart and I got the error.

d1ddy

lol, no.

You have to exchange an old console (I think PS4 specifically because that is the only one that gets you $250) and need to be Edge Platinum to get the to $425. I think...
Idk I traded in 11 games and my old PS4 for only around 350~

So if I trade in a PS4 + 5 Games (and no Edge card. Not sure whete mine is), I get $360 towards PS4 Pro? I'm going to try this tomorrow.

What will be the final amount I'll pay in cash?

antibolo

Banned
Looks like I'll have to find another Christmas gift for my nephews then. I refuse to spend any more time dealing with NOA's artificial scarcity bullshit. They really had no excuse for not putting up pre-orders for this thing.

baconcow

Is this hype manufactured by fear of low stock? While I love the concept of this, and have some interest in it, I never truly wanted this until GAF told me I wouldn't be able to find it later. I also have most of these games on my 3DS (Ambassador) or Wii U. Just curious on what other people think about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom