• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back and they did everything from Promo 1 for me. Pretty sure they won't stack other promos.

Here's my receipt:

All smiles.

Lucky you. My store just absolutely could not figure it out and I was there for 45 minutes :S.

Ended up getting $207 instead of $210 for the console trade in after he tried manually overriding it a few times. At that point for $3+tax I didn't feel like wasting any more time lol.

Man, this sucks. EB gave me $175 instead of $210 for the console. What gives?

At very least, you should've gotten $175 + your Edge bonus (15% for Red), which comes to $201.25. That seems to be the correct way or the promo to be done. The 210 and the other promo aren't supposed to stack.

At very least, you should've gotten $175 + your Edge bonus (15% for Red), which comes to $210.25. That seems to be the correct way or the promo to be done. The 210 and the other promo aren't supposed to stack.

Ahh shit, I told them too that the total is wrong, and they had to do it again and said they don't see it. Fuck it, I don't feel like going back and argue over $30.

Ahh shit, I told her too that the total is wrong, and she had to do it again and said she doesn't see it. Fuck it, I don't feel like going back and argue over $30.

That was probably the right call. Took my store 45 minutes to get close (but still wrong). Not sure my time was worth the minimal savings lol.

ahdurian

Just got back and they did everything from Promo 1 for me. Pretty sure they won't stack other promos.

Here's my receipt:

All smiles.

oh, also did they give a honor period for transferring files and shit, like how they say on their site? or did you just take the new console and leave?

Moltenix

Just traded in my super dusty Vita, a couple of games and finally used up a crapton of trade credit i've been stockpiling for well over a year now.

Got the PS4 Big Mac for about $185 after tax. Now to wait for some Black Friday sales before I actually have any games lol

daftstar

At very least, you should've gotten $175 + your Edge bonus (15% for Red), which comes to $210.25. That seems to be the correct way or the promo to be done. The 210 and the other promo aren't supposed to stack.

Yep I forgot to mention I used the red Edge card as well.

Also did you guys see a pile of exchanged PS4s behind the counter in your stores? They had them where I went so I'm thinking they were doing the trade-in stuff all day, hence less confusion when checking out... Although the guy had trouble believing 3DS games were eligible so he had to find the proper promo code for that.

This is my first time getting a console so early on release so I was pondering the whole drive home whether I should've gotten the EB warranty on it too since it's new technology. Gotta research if there have been reports of any hardware problems with the Pro as well..

No, it keeps saying in stock, but won't let me add to my cart. I got to selecting my address once, but got an error.

Now just the product page is down.

well, if you don't mind not having an extra controller and would like a base unit, you can always just email me the gift card amount for 90.34 or whatever it is after tax, and I'll apply that amount to this order, and I can change the shipping address to you. I was able to it on amazon.com for someone that wanted a FE: Fates LE, so I assume it shouldn't be a problem on .ca?

edit: it's actually 90.39

Yep I forgot to mention I used the red Edge card as well.

Also did you guys see a pile of exchanged PS4s behind the counter in your stores? They had them where I went so I'm thinking they were doing the trade-in stuff all day, hence less confusion when checking out... Although the guy had trouble believing 3DS games were eligible so he had to find the proper promo code for that.

This is my first time getting a console so early on release so I was pondering the whole drive home whether I should've gotten the EB warranty on it too since it's new technology. Gotta research if there have been reports of any hardware problems with the Pro as well..

The real problem is that a lot of EB Customers don't understand what they're supposed to get or what things are worth. I'm sure that pile of traded in consoles was just a sign that they screwed over a lot of customers who just didn't know any better yesterday. EB is really the absolute worst store with promos.

daftstar

oh, also did they give a honor period for transferring files and shit, like how they say on their site? or did you just take the new console and leave?

I backed up and restored to factory settings before bringing it in. I'm more of a physical copy person anyways so most of my digital games are smaller indies and can be easily re-downloaded. Except PT though damn. Gotta see if the proxy method works on the Pro lol.

daftstar

The real problem is that a lot of EB Customers don't understand what they're supposed to get or what things are worth. I'm sure that pile of traded in consoles was just a sign that they screwed over a lot of customers who just didn't know any better yesterday. EB is really the absolute worst store with promos.

Yeah that could be the case. Before I told the rep that the games I brought were all worth 100$, he was telling me my total was $200-something. I did the math already before coming in and knew he didn't do it right so I had to say something.

JDH

Any news on the DS4 Crystal clear version?

I know it was released in Japan. Hoping for an updated version for North America.

it sure clears out around here quick

once the NES mini pre-orders are done with lol

SO how about that ps4 pro? Anyone?

I havent noticed much of a difference with mine on a 1080p screen with infinite warfare, I'll probably give dishonored 2 a go tonight and see if it blows me away. ( need to buy a 4k TV on boxing day)

Dazzler

Complete waste of my time today going to EB to do a trade in. Dude wouldn't accept my BC Services card as ID, so had to just turn around and go home. Don't have a driver's license and don't like taking my passport out

Had no idea my Services card wasn't good enough

Best Buy accept it no problem FYI

ahdurian

I backed up and restored to factory settings before bringing it in. I'm more of a physical copy person anyways so most of my digital games are smaller indies and can be easily re-downloaded. Except PT though damn. Gotta see if the proxy method works on the Pro lol.

true say, i'm physical too unless it can't be on a disc
guess i'm spending tonight backing up files

legit the only reason I wanted the Pro was for FFXV lol

Complete waste of my time today going to EB to do a trade in. Dude wouldn't accept my BC Services card as ID, so had to just turn around and go home. Don't have a driver's license and don't like taking my passport out

checking BB site, it seems like the max value I could get for my PS4 though is $160? I think I'll take the risk for now with EB for the extra $50 since there's one 5 mins from my house. if it doesn't work out there, i'll debate hanging onto it and think about BB

Xenoflare

How what? Damn

SO how about that ps4 pro? Anyone?

I havent noticed much of a difference with mine on a 1080p screen with infinite warfare, I'll probably give dishonored 2 a go tonight and see if it blows me away. ( need to buy a 4k TV on boxing day)

The diff with Infinite Warfare is the scale down kills all of the aliasing. There's never any shimmer or moire or rough edges on anybody. So you get an exceptionally clean image if not particularly a spectacular one.

Part of the trick though is that without A/B testing you can't really say "wow" at 1080p. All I can say is maybe dig up an XB1 or regular PS4 video to compare.

Lexxism

checking BB site, it seems like the max value I could get for my PS4 though is $160? I think I'll take the risk for now with EB for the extra $50 since there's one 5 mins from my house. if it doesn't work out there, i'll debate hanging onto it and think about BB
It is $175 + 10% + 5% or 10% depending what EDGE card you have + $50. OR they will just give your $210 + $50.

The diff with Infinite Warfare is the scale down kills all of the aliasing. There's never any shimmer or moire or rough edges on anybody. So you get an exceptionally clean image if not particularly a spectacular one.

Part of the trick though is that without A/B testing you can't really say "wow" at 1080p. All I can say is maybe dig up an XB1 or regular PS4 video to compare.

Yeah I saved the Single player for the pro so i wouldn't know the difference. I assume zombies and Multiplayer take advantage of that also?

Received a tracking number for my NES Classic from Best Buy.

And controller.

EB gave me $210 for my 500GB PS4 console towards an Xbox One S and $198 for a regular Xbox One. Upgraded both consoles now.

daftstar

true say, i'm physical too unless it can't be on a disc
guess i'm spending tonight backing up files

legit the only reason I wanted the Pro was for FFXV lol

Same here. I was just waiting on any news on the differences so when they said it's aiming for 1080p 60fps I had to pull the trigger. Plus the EB promo looked very appealing.

Same here. I was just waiting on any news on the differences so when they said it's aiming for 1080p 60fps I had to pull the trigger. Plus the EB promo looked very appealing.

Same here as well. The original 210 promo looked pretty bad and I was definitely going to pass. 360 total was good, had some EB credit laying around, and I'm pretty hyped for FFXV.

Lexxism

Wow. I didn't know resetting the PS4 will take an hour or so. Damn. I guess I'll do the trade tomorrow.
Okay good, it's not just me. I thought the exact same thing when I saw it.
Ah, good to know! Have you check the inside? Was their a tharja pic on it? I haven't opened it yet and a friend asked about it lol

Dunlop

EBGames rep told me a promotion was added today for the Pro

I was given $210 for my PS4 and $210 for my XB1 and they still took $50 off the pro

I almost traded it in yesterday and they were offering $150 for the XB1, getting paged for work turned out to be a blessing lol

I went to three different stores to look for this, every store I was literally minutes late.

Saw a guy walk out of EB yelling "Who wants this for a $1000!?", which I'm sure he was joking but semi-joking since the entire lineup looked like hoarders that have no interest in the machine. I told him "Can I see it? I'll never see it again in life!" and he let me look at it.

Beautiful looking box. Sad that Nintendo fucked up with the supply.

So what happens when I go to trade my PS4 for a Pro at EB on Sunday? I need to hope that I get 210$ + the 50$ off the PS4? It's still random or it has been cleared up by EB?

Lexxism

So what happens when I go to trade my PS4 for a Pro at EB on Sunday? I need to hope that I get 210$ + the 50$ off the PS4? It's still random or it has been cleared up by EB?
You can either of these two:

1) Straight $210 + $50 = $260

OR

2) $175 + 10% + 5/10% for EDGE + $50 = $251.25 OR $260

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
You can either of these two:

1) Straight $210 + $50 = $260

OR

2) $175 + 10% + 5/10% for EDGE + $50 = $251.25 OR $260

Seems like a poor deal given the capabilities of the PS4 Pro.

Isn't it $499+ tax? Duno.

Dunlop

Seems like a poor deal given the capabilities of the PS4 Pro.

Isn't it $499+ tax? Duno.

EBGames discounts the value before taxes

So the $260 rebate on the PS4 is actually close to $300, probably more than you will get on Craigslist with a less percent chance of murder :p

xclaw

Fuck Nintendo, all this does is help out the people hoarding them and selling them for triple the price.

Thing is, this is classic Nintendo on any hardware launch. Just wait it out and they'll be everywhere. Not that I'm happy at all not getting one today either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom