• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
EBGames discounts the value before taxes

So the $260 rebate on the PS4 is actually close to $300, probably more than you will get on Craigslist with a less percent chance of murder :p

Hahaha :p

Nah I get that, I just personally don't feel it's a good deal given my purchase price of $399 and the upgrade doesn't seem really worth it.

I'm hoping there are more deals coming up though, Black Friday hopefully.

$499.99 PS4 Pro - $260 PS4 credit = $240 + tax. If you have 5 games worth $8+, you can bring it down to $140 + tax.

Oh I thought you couldn't use more than the promotion you mentioned. Doesn't seem that bad then considering.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
OK that PS4 Pro trade in deal is VERY tempting. I have 5 eligible crappy old games like Mario Tennis and Mario Golf which Ill never play.

Someone give me a reason not to do the tradein. I dont have a 4k HDR tv and its not like Bloodborne, Overwatch, or Dark Souls 3 are getting any improvements either.

Just traded in my super dusty Vita, a couple of games and finally used up a crapton of trade credit i've been stockpiling for well over a year now.

Got the PS4 Big Mac for about $185 after tax. Now to wait for some Black Friday sales before I actually have any games lol

How much did you get for your Vita?

Lexxism

Oh I thought you couldn't use more than the promotion you mentioned. Doesn't seem that bad then considering.
Here's my receipt:
u6h8WQ3.jpg
Yes, you can. $139.99 + tax.

Dunlop

Hahaha :p

Nah I get that, I just personally don't feel it's a good deal given my purchase price of $399 and the upgrade doesn't seem really worth it.

I'm hoping there are more deals coming up though, Black Friday hopefully.

My gaming TV isn't even 4K (65" 1080P...can't exactly rationalize with the wife that I will move it to the bedroom), but my XB1 had not been used in months along with my PS4 extended warranty expiring so the promotion seemed like fate lol as it cost me nothing out of pocked

ahdurian

You can either of these two:

1) Straight $210 + $50 = $260

OR

2) $175 + 10% + 5/10% for EDGE + $50 = $251.25 OR $260

wait, why would it only be the $260?

isn't it $210 (old console) + $50 (extra credit for old console) + $100 (5 games)?
i mean, thats what it seems daftstar got...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
wait, why would it only be the $260?

isn't it $210 (old console) + $50 (extra credit for old console) + $100 (5 games)?
i mean, thats what it seems daftstar got...

He didnt include the 5 games tradein

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
My gaming TV isn't even 4K (65" 1080P...can't exactly rationalize with the wife that I will move it to the bedroom), but my XB1 had not been used in months along with my PS4 extended warranty expiring so the promotion seemed like fate lol as it cost me nothing out of pocked

Happy for you then pal :) I may look into the promotion given that Lexxus advised me that I could get it for $139.99

Yes, you can. $139.99 + tax.

Thanks Lexxus, will look into it then.

Lexxism

ahdurian

He didnt include the 5 games tradein

I didn't include the $100 because the guy I quoted was only asking how much credit will he get from his PS4. But if you have 5 games that are worth $8 more https://www.ebgames.ca/Views/Locale/Content/PDF/tradeoffers/8-dollar-trade-value-en.pdf

then you can bring it down to $140 + tax.

ah makes sense.

i wonder if EB will make a fit if i don't have the headset for my PS4 anymore lol. no clue where it is, although everything else i have

daftstar

Man.. re-downloading all these games is not fun lol. I didn't even factor in re-downloading patches for physical games. Arkham Knight won't start without a 6GB patch cot damn.

Anyways, Infamous SS was the only Pro capable game I had and after a 3GB patch it runs at 60fps which is sweet. Can't say I'm blown away by the Pro at this point since the experience is the same for the most part (1080p user here) but for those still on the fence, just think of it as an investment for future support. But I definitely understand why it's not very attractive to some.

The big draw is definitely 60fps over visuals for me right now so I'm hoping for more games to support that option.

Oh and the WiFi on the console gives me much faster speeds now which is great.

CaLe

Anywhere else than EbGames can I get a trade-in deal for the PS4 Pro ? There's no way I'm setting foot in that teenage infested moronic shithole again.

ahdurian

Anywhere else than EbGames can I get a trade-in deal for the PS4 Pro ? There's no way I'm setting foot in that teenage infested moronic shithole again.

BestBuy has one.
from what I can tell, looks like there's a "get up to $160" for your old console, and then another $50 extra credit for trade-in/upgrade

Quick

Banned
What about the HDD? Ill put in my PS3s old 160GB HDD lol

From my experience, the employee counted the parts (console + power cable + controller + HDMI cable) and just let it be. Didn't check the HDD or try to boot it.

I legitimately thought about this, but ultimately decided against it and just swapped my 2TB drive back to the original 500GB one. Just wanted it to be an honest trade in.

Vinc

I can confirm the $50 discount on trading in an old console at Best Buy is pre-tax, so it brings the console down to 449.99 + tax. You can also trade in an old broken console and they'll give you 50 bucks for it.

Quick

Banned
I can confirm the $50 discount on trading in an old console at Best Buy is pre-tax, so it brings the console down to 449.99 + tax. You can also trade in an old broken console and they'll give you 50 bucks for it.

Broken? Seriously?

Do they also ask for the required accessories (power cable, controller, etc.) or just take the console straight up.

Fuck. So I absolutely have to deal with those EB scums if I want a PS4 Pro at a reasonable price...

At least you're getting the best possible deal.

Vinc

Broken? Seriously?

Do they also ask for the required accessories (power cable, controller, etc.) or just take the console straight up.

At least you're getting the best possible deal.

Power cables and controller are needed as far as I know, but I didn't try not bringing those in. It does say in the ad that if the best buy you go to doesn't take trade ins, you can still bring in a console for their recycling program and get 50 bucks.

Sealtest

Does Best Buy sell gift cards like how they do in the US? I had to return something that I used reward zone points on and ended up with a $160 gift card that i'd love to turn into something other then Itunes/Nintendo/PSN/Xbox.

EB trade-in deal is tempting, but I think I can live with my PS4 Pleb and save $140 for Switch in March.

Does Best Buy sell gift cards like how they do in the US? I had to return something that I used reward zone points on and ended up with a $160 gift card that i'd love to turn into something other then Itunes/Nintendo/PSN/Xbox.

Yes you can have them put in BB gift card.

Kieli

$260 is actually really good value for a used PS4 coming from EB.

I'm really tempted now to sell it and upgrade to a PRO..... Argh.

antibolo

Banned
Fuck. So I absolutely have to deal with those EB scums if I want a PS4 Pro at a reasonable price...

Pretty much. I also avoid EBGames like the plague but I had to make a special exception for the Pro, those stacked trade-in offers were too good to pass.

does anyone know what the trade in value on a Xbox One is at EB Games? considering trading mine in towards a Ps4 Pro instead of my ps4, but only going to if its a similar value.

Lexxism

Any help would be nice.

I'm currently looking to buy a 4K TV. I won't probably use it for gaming but more just watching movies, shows, sports etc. What do I need to check? Is there something I need to know? Maybe like if it has HDR?

does anyone know what the trade in value on a Xbox One is at EB Games? considering trading mine in towards a Ps4 Pro instead of my ps4, but only going to if its a similar value.

I got $198, and so did someone else in this thread. I have no idea where that number came from though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom