• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickBoy

Significantly higher than $300 would be a deal breaker for me on the Switch. I'm pretty gung ho on the console, but I think I'd have a hard time buying it if it cost the same or more than a PS4 or XB1 does today.

I think $329 seems pretty reasonable, assuming there are no accessories needed that are more or less mandatory. I would love for it to be lower, but I don't think $329 is crazy with the loonie as crappy as it is.

Qwyjibo

No chance I'm paying that much for a Nintendo-only complementary system to my PC and PS4. I'll wait for the inevitable and, hopefully, a cheaper revision in a year or two.

Clive

Already have a Wii U which is likely why I'm reluctant to get the Switch before I know more about it and the future library. Breath of the Wild is also pre-ordered with a 30% discount since long ago. We'll see on Black Friday 2017 if Nintendo has managed to impress me by then but not buying it before that.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
$330 is perfect for me. Less than I'd expect, actually, given a portable console of that power. Perfectly happy with anything under $400 CAD. Given how much of a Nintendo sucker I am, I'll buy it at "nearly any price", but this is definitely within my comfort zone.

$250 USD would be an incredible mark to hit for them, that's a really good sweet spot. Hope the software can match that sort of potential. I definitely have my doubts.

Ventara

$330 is a good price. Though I'm gonna wait a bit until more games come out for it. I still need to go through some amazing ones on the WiiU (and Wii).

Though a Xenoblade Switch would make me hand over my wallet immediately. Just saying.

SickBoy

*sigh* how late will I have to stay up or how early will I have to line up to pre-order a Switch?

I mused on Twitter only half jokingly today that maybe the NES Mini shortage is some sort of play to get people convinced they need to preorder Nintendo's next big thing.

A scary alternate possibility to consider is the idea that maybe this "no preorder" thing is just their way of doing hardware releases now.

i-Jest

$330 is a good price. Though I'm gonna wait a bit until more games come out for it. I still need to go through some amazing ones on the WiiU (and Wii).

Though a Xenoblade Switch would make me hand over my wallet immediately. Just saying.

Nintendo sunk money into a sequel and a port, best believe a new game will come one day. I wanna be ready when it happens.

Stage On

That seems like a fair price for the Switch. I'm more concerned about the pricing for Switch games though. Even though it's a hybrid between console and handheld, I suspect we're going to see more console game prices. Suddenly, $49.99 3DS games don't seem as bad.

Yeah having portable games being at $50 is one of the only things keeping the hobby affordable. I'd hate to see all Switch games be $80 before tax. Just thinking of what that would do to me when a Switch version of Pokemon comes out makes me shudder since I always get both versions

antibolo

Banned
*sigh* how late will I have to stay up or how early will I have to line up to pre-order a Switch?

The Wii U was pre-orderable online without any issues, I assume the Switch will be the same.

This isn't a low cost impulse buy item like the amiibo or the NES classic.

Xenoflare

If it bombs, it may never drop that low. WiiU certainly didn't have significant price cuts (if any).

Speaking of which.... when can I expect fire sales of Wii U to clear stock? Been meaning to get it for Bayo 2 and Fatal Frame but I can never justify the price.

Or is it never going to happen?

antibolo

Banned
Speaking of which.... when can I expect fire sales of Wii U to clear stock? Been meaning to get it for Bayo 2 and Fatal Frame but I can never justify the price.

Or is it never going to happen?

Have you looked into getting a refurb directly from Nintendo?

That's probably the lowest you'll ever see for a like-new unit.

Bah, I was gonna trade my ps4 in for a pro but apperently my store has no stock. It seems a green symbol means it can be in transit to the store and not actually in stock. Very glad I called up first.

eyesradar

Kinda sad to see tf2 bombed this fast.

Paid $50 for my e3 preorder and can't be more happy about it. Plat'ed and played a bit of MP, had a blast. TBH my best FPS experience in year 2016.

SickBoy

Kinda sad to see tf2 bombed this fast.

Paid $50 for my e3 preorder and can't be more happy about it. Plat'ed and played a bit of MP, had a blast. TBH my best FPS experience in year 2016.

I couldn't really get into the multiplayer (Overwatch and Rocket League combine to take all my MP time, anyway), but I agree it's sad. The single-player alone was worth the price of admission, IMO.

EDIT: BTW, regarding Black Friday, I can't really recall last year's (maybe saved by Amazon's 30% off preorders)... but I think that's one area where Target's departure from Canada is really felt. They really fuelled some competition on that front... and offered decent Canadian-ized versions of their U.S. deals (i.e: not as good, but still half-decent)

FrsDvl

Still nothing on Canadian black Friday deals eh? Kind of hoping we can get a good deal on Titanfall 2 as well, I'd really like to pick it up for PC, but don't want to spend $80, there's too much coming out this month as is. And I'm worried the online mode won't do so well on PC in the longer run.

Lexxism

EDIT: BTW, regarding Black Friday, I can't really recall last year's (maybe saved by Amazon's 30% off preorders)... but I think that's one area where Target's departure from Canada is really felt. They really fuelled some competition on that front... and offered decent Canadian-ized versions of their U.S. deals (i.e: not as good, but still half-decent)
I can see them do the 30% for prime and 20% for non-prime.

Clive

Still nothing on Canadian black Friday deals eh? Kind of hoping we can get a good deal on Titanfall 2 as well, I'd really like to pick it up for PC, but don't want to spend $80, there's too much coming out this month as is. And I'm worried the online mode won't do so well on PC in the longer run.

I could be remembering things wrong but aren't Canadian Black Friday deals often confirmed very late? Like a week before or even in the flyers.

Interesting, Toys R Us Canada just removed the page for the Nintendo Switch...

There was a retailer from another country that had a price translate to roughly around $263 USD.

I am starting to believe it's really going to be a $249 USD release.

As for Canada Black Friday, I am hoping for a sale on UHD Blu-Rays. Now that I'm planning on grabbing a 4k TV in the new year I want to buy some but at a discounted price.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Anyone remember what the Telus/Rogers/Bell Black Friday deals were last year? I recall getting my iPhone 6 2 years ago at $100 discount, I paid $150 instead of the $250 it started at with a 2 year contract.

leeman

There was a retailer from another country that had a price translate to roughly around $263 USD.

I am starting to believe it's really going to be a $249 USD release.

As for Canada Black Friday, I am hoping for a sale on UHD Blu-Rays. Now that I'm planning on grabbing a 4k TV in the new year I want to buy some but at a discounted price.

The fact that they pulled it adds credibility to it in my opinion. Feels like a "Nintendo called, take down the page" sort of thing...

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wait what the hell, I am looking at Black Friday 2015 for Telus and they only seem to have discounted the then-year-old iPhone 6, not the 6S phones which were released in 2015.

Dazzler

Interesting, Toys R Us Canada just removed the page for the Nintendo Switch...

When I worked at Best Buy I was responsible for that Yoshi's Island Wii U game placeholder listing going live on the site. It was picked up by the gaming media, caused a bit of a shit storm.

You better believe Nintendo told us to pull that listing down quickly

Things like this are often in retailer's systems weeks before they're announced publicly

Moltenix

When I worked at Best Buy I was responsible for that Yoshi's Island Wii U game placeholder listing going live on the site. It was picked up by the gaming media, caused a bit of a shit storm.

You better believe Nintendo told us to pull that listing down quickly

Things like this are often in retailer's systems weeks before they're announced publicly

Ooh, so there's a chance that the 329.99 price might be real. Hopefully a premium sku is only 50 more at $379.99 which is same price as PS4 slim right now.

Marakh101

Neo Member
I'm thinking of going to EB to upgrade to the ps4 pro.

They say on the website you have 48 hours to transfer your data. Does it mean they are gonna charge my credit card first with the full 499+ tax then credit the difference when I come back with my old Ps4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom