• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc

Ah, no. I don't have a prime. It's basically the express shipping with a 2 day bla bla. It never failed me to get my order on launch day. At least so far.

I never had any delay. Like I said in my last post, they usually delivery the package by noon and will get a notification about it that it's available for pick up with bar code on it.

Did you get free express shipping as a courtesy for a previous issue or is it just free without prime when shipping to a post office?

Hedgey

simY5.png

The dream is real.

a916

My Best Buy shipping updated to say the NES will be arriving today. I'm so excited for a game I've played so many times already lol.

Marakh101

Neo Member
Got my PRO at EbGames. Thanks for all the help fellas!

The rep told me I should pay $144 + tax tomorrow after bringing my OG and the 5 games.

Doing the transfer right now. 90 mins remaining -_-
Then Titanfall it is!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I wanna thank everyone here for the help, especially Lexxus in helping me out with the EB promo. I went back today and the manager gave me $26 credit since I only got $184 for my PS4 yesterday. With the credit its a full $210 now which Im happy about.

Funny thing is even the manager said the promos dont stack, I said thats not true as other stores are doing it. Then she claimed its because Im not a Platinum member or whatever. I said the fineprint says nothing about that online. Then after sifting through her system and notes and taking almost 30 minutes, she finally bumps the value to $210.

Glad I got it sorted out but I have to say I really didnt like the guy who originally helped me yesterday. He outright said "Im right youre wrong" when I said I wasnt getting the full trade amount. When I showed him the receipt someone posted earlier he says people are scamming EB and taking advantage of employees, trust me I work at head office the promos dont stack etc.

Absolutely terrible experience and I was reminded why I dont shop at EB. At least I got the mess sorted out and thanks again Lexxus for encouraging me to go back to get them to fix it.

My problem with Intelcom isn't the speed, things always get here quickly with them. It's the whole system they got going. I got guys delivering packages in taxis, sending me texts. One even lied about forgetting his keys so that someone would let him into the building and leave a package by my door. I know this because he texted me a)the story and b)a selfie of him with said package by my door.

Was at a Best Buy earlier and they had their Black Friday skids on the floor.

It's the usual stuff: small appliances, a couple PC's, some big TV's.

jchung55

Got my PRO at EbGames. Thanks for all the help fellas!

The rep told me I should pay $144 + tax tomorrow after bringing my OG and the 5 games.

Doing the transfer right now. 90 mins remaining -_-
Then Titanfall it is!

Dude I'm doing this tonight! Any pointers on how to get them to apply all the promos? I've been shafted at 2 different EBs arleady...

Dude I'm doing this tonight! Any pointers on how to get them to apply all the promos? I've been shafted at 2 different EBs arleady...

I would call ahead of time. That's what I did, one of the places hadn't heard of any of the promotions. The other one confirmed they all stack--so I went there.

Marakh101

Neo Member

It's pretty much hit or miss. The first rep said it was 175 + 50 and I asked him to double check and he asked another guy and it worked fine.

Vinc

My problem with Intelcom isn't the speed, things always get here quickly with them. It's the whole system they got going. I got guys delivering packages in taxis, sending me texts. One even lied about forgetting his keys so that someone would let him into the building and leave a package by my door. I know this because he texted me a)the story and b)a selfie of him with said package by my door.

They also never actually knock at my place (or even come at all), and tell Amazon there's a gate at my place. The ONLY way I've ever been able to get a package from them was by asking Amazon to tell them to safe drop it just OUTSIDE my apartment (since they pretend it's gated or that they can't find the door) after they fail to deliver it on their first attempt, then refreshing Amazon tracking all day, then calling my elderly neighbor so she can pick it up for me. It's ridiculous. They once pretended they couldn't find my door, and Amazon asked them (with my permission) to take a picture so they could prove they couldn't find the door (my apartment building has the most regular, normal looking door you've ever seen), they took a picture of a nearby tree and called it a day.

They are truly dreadful, it's like a parody.

I'm tempted by this. Any reason I should wait? Will we get IPS QHD panels for less than $350 CAD on BF/CM?

Alright, update on this monitor. I bought it that night, and have been using it for the last 4 days.

While the lack of a Vesa mount or height adjust is pretty disappointing, the actual metal base and metal border of the monitor make it easily the highest quality feeling display I've used. It feels solid, premium, and looks just fantastic. It has a decent amount of tilt both forwards and backwards, and the viewing angles make it so I pretty much never have to worry about anyone looking from the side not getting a good picture.

Blacks are alright. My daily driver phone is a Nexus 6P, so I'm used to OLED's rich blacks. These are serviceable, if not slightly better than average ~$200 1080p IPS displays. The colours though, they're just great. They pop, they're sharp, and there are a lot of options for messing around with them in their monitor's OSD. The buttons are par the course for Acer, with them using the same style of 5 function buttons + 1 power button as usual. Lots of little colour tweaks you can do manually, or just rustle through their ~5 presets. I messed around to make my colours seem just slighttttly oversaturated, since I kind of like that look.

Bleeding isn't bad. Better than the $180 Acer 1080p IPS I had prior to this display.

KyT5pH9.png

Also, it overclocks to 85Hz, without skipping frames, which is nice.

tl;dr: For pretty much exactly $402 taxes in, I have no regrets. Picture is beautiful, build quality is superb, speakers are better than normal for monitors but still pretty shit. Good bang for your buck 1440p display.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Almost Tuesday. Time to start checking SDM every day to see if they have Pokemon in yet. Their registers don't prevent games from being sold early, so they're basically the best place to look. Managed to pick up tons of games early.. Brawl, Smash 4, New Leaf, among others.

SickBoy

Almost Tuesday. Time to start checking SDM every day to see if they have Pokemon in yet. Their registers don't prevent games from being sold early, so they're basically the best place to look. Managed to pick up tons of games early.. Brawl, Smash 4, New Leaf, among others.

Good tip next time I'm itching for a game :)

My only interest in Pokemon is for my son for Christmas, so I can wait for the Amazon shipment and $10 off... unless he plans on buying it with his own money, and then I'll still make him wait (if it takes its sweet time) and pass the discount to him.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Just want to add another confirmation of receiving $210 for my OG PS4 + $50 instant rebate off PS4 Pro before tax.

What is the extra 50 dollars for?

Edit:

So, if I understand right - it's 210 + tax for your province + 50 dollars if trading towards a PS4 Pro? Is that right? If so, I'll go do this right now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Good tip next time I'm itching for a game :)

My only interest in Pokemon is for my son for Christmas, so I can wait for the Amazon shipment and $10 off... unless he plans on buying it with his own money, and then I'll still make him wait (if it takes its sweet time) and pass the discount to him.

If you do collect SDM points, the common first party Nintendo stuff is always a good bet to buy at SDM if yours carries games. One of the best places to buy consoles too because of it.

Kiro

Hey comrades,

My roommate wants a new PC gaming headset w mic, and his girlfriend wants to get it for him. She has no idea what to get so I said I'd help her out. She says money isn't a big deal but I would say 200 absolute tops. He's not a serious audiophile or anything. Just to chat and enhance gameplay with surround sound etc etc

Thanks

My NES classic mini and controller came in today from best buy. It still didn't register with me just how small the actual box was until I held it in my hands.The flap on the controller box was bent.

Still gonna keep it. Lol

Grimsen

My NES classic mini and controller came in today from best buy. It still didn't register with me just how small the actual box was until I held it in my hands.The flap on the controller box was bent.

Still gonna keep it. Lol

The controller box is amazingly cute in person.

Canon

Banned
I bought the PS4 Pro at EB Games. They insisted I needed to buy a Platinum card to get the $210 so I bought it.

Traded in:
5 games ($22 each)

PS4 - 500 GB
$210 + 10% + $50

Total. including a Platinum membership card, was $128 + tax (I had $7 in credit on my card)

It took forever for them to figure out the promotion but I think (?) it ended up in my favor since I paid less than what I thought I was going to, plus now I have Game Informer and $10 coupon which I will trade in some worthless game for.

Oh, and apparently it was the last unit for sale.

Lexxism

I bought the PS4 Pro at EB Games. They insisted I needed to buy a Platinum card to get the $210 so I bought it.

It took forever for them to figure out the promotion but I think (?) it ended up in my favor since I paid less than what I thought I was going to, plus now I have Game Informer and $10 coupon which I will trade in Project Spark for.

Oh, and apparently it was the last unit for sale.
That's actually how the promo should be. You will get 210 if you are a platinum or 218 for onyx. Just 201 for red/gold members.
Total. including a Platinum membership card, was $128 + tax (I had $7 in credit on my card)
Did you ask them to use your one time $10 credit for platinum card?

jholmes

Still gonna keep it. Lol

I tried opening the controller box without ripping it but to no avail. Thing was glued tight. Wasn't planning on keeping it myself, but the Classic box itself is another story.

Canon

Banned
That's actually how the promo should be. You will get 210 if you are a platinum or 218 for onyx. Just 201 for red/gold members.

Did you ask them to use your one time $10 credit for platinum card?
No you need to print out a coupon to do that I thought. I still have the $10 coupon.

I noticed on my online account I didn't get any points for this transaction though.

Weird, they didn't make me buy a membership. Seems to vary by location at EB, some places had no idea about any of the promotions...

You don't need to buy a membership to get an Edge card. You just need to pay for Platinum, which gives you better value (ie. exclusive line-ups at midnight launches, 7-day satisfaction guarantee instead of 3 or 5 and more).

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hmmmmm, I wonder if Best Buy will do another TV + PS4 Pro bundle but this time with the X800D instead of the X700D (which has no HDR). That might be the only way I get a Pro this holiday, otherwise I will wait for a Detroit/Spider-man bunduru.

eyesradar

Scored an NES Classic + Golden Mario at Appleby Toys R Us in Burlington, ON while they were opening their weekly Nintendo shipment tonight.

Boxes of Robin/Palutena/Pit/Lucina amiibos, and boxes of boxes of copies of Pokemon Sun/Moon which can't be sold till this Friday ofc.

And..... a few NES classics (prolly ~4 based on the size of the box), grabbed one and cashed out before the store manager said its on hold for some special event (Personally I don't believe so cause the only Nintendo event that I am aware of at Toys R Us will be the Pokemon release event on this Saturday). She did not give me any trouble tho since I have cashed it out already so I'm now a happy customer now =)

So if you are nearby MAYBE it's worth it to check it out...YMMV

Has anyone here used Borrowell to check their credit score? Its supposed to be one of the few (or the only one, I'm not sure) websites that let you check your score for free. I heard about them through a radio ad, but I was wondering if anyone here had used them before, and if they were legit.

i-Jest

Has anyone here used Borrowell to check their credit score? Its supposed to be one of the few (or the only one, I'm not sure) websites that let you check your score for free. I heard about them through a radio ad, but I was wondering if anyone here had used them before, and if they were legit.

I have not but are their reviews for the site anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom