• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchung55

So I did it!

Traded in my PS4 and got $210 + $50 off the Pro + 3 game @ $20

Paid around $200 for it. Not bad at all.

In other news, anyone know where I can get Diablo 3 UEE for PS4 cheapest?

Kyolux

So I did it!

Traded in my PS4 and got $210 + $50 off the Pro + 3 game @ $20

Paid around $200 for it. Not bad at all.

In other news, anyone know where I can get Diablo 3 UEE for PS4 cheapest?

I'm sure it'll show up again in a flash sale at some point. I'd wait for that. I might actually pick it back up at that point now that I have two ps4s.

killroy87

I'm sure I've seen it at $29.99 before, and I think maybe $24.99. Don't quote me though.

So if it pops up, I think it'll most likely be $24.99.

Yeah, I think I've seen it at $24.99, but tha tmight also have been before PSN was so awful with the conversion rates. For a long time, prices were the same.

What happened? Did you buy it? The price is pretty much what you can get if you order it from BH Photo.

Yep got it registered with Samsung TV is legit. Store is on the Samsung site.

Guy is legit he is able to offer cheap prices because he is a volume dealer with low overhead.

$2300 for 65"? How much was the delivery? Do they offer warranty too?

They offer a basic 30 day defective. But to be honest I think you will have rely on manufacturers warranty unless something is defective.

He does offer and extended warranty but I never go for those. I took my van and just picked it up. Delivery is like 100 dollars if I recall correctly.

My friend also got one from them with me when I told him about the price. He has not had any issues either.

Lexxism

They offer a basic 30 day defective. But to be honest I think you will have rely on manufacturers warranty unless something is defective.

He does offer and extended warranty but I never go for those. I took my van and just picked it up. Delivery is like 100 dollars if I recall correctly.

My friend also got one from them with me when I told him about the price. He has not had any issues either.
Where you able to see the prices for 55" and 60"?

krae_man

Had to yell at amazon to get them to ship Watch Dogs today instead of Nov 24th-30th.

Awaiting a reply from someone higher up the food chain regarding their practice of intentionally delaying preorders that weren't ordered with Prime.

Marakh101

Neo Member
Just got back from Ebgames to bring in my ps4 and the 5 games.

They credited $210 + $50 + 114$ (!??) for the games. Uncharted 4 was $30 and Deus Ex was $24.
Breakdown:

Total taxable: $125
Total paid: $144
I don't have any EBgames/Edge membership

Best trade in the nation? Lol

FYI this was at Carrefour Laval here in Montreal region.

They credited $210 + $50 + 114$ (!??) for the games. Uncharted 4 was $30 and Deus Ex was $24.
Breakdown:

Yeah, if it weren't for this EB deal I would definitely not have bought a Pro this year. Stupid good deal, plus it resets my warranty, which is really nice.

Dunlop

Yeah, if it weren't for this EB deal I would definitely not have bought a Pro this year. Stupid good deal, plus it resets my warranty, which is really nice.
I have a 65" 1080P TV which I will not be changing for a while, so if it wan't for the fact the trade cost me $0 in the end I would definitely not have pulled the trigger

eyesradar

Breakdown:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess pretty much one of the best trade-in deals ever for a new console at EB?

Mine was

-$210 OG PS4
-$175 A dying iphone 5S
-$50 Credit
Before Tax

I think I paid around ~$70 out of pocket...cant be more happy about that. Plus new warranty.

Don't think any coming Black Friday/Boxing Day deals could beat this if you have an OG PS4 to move.

farisr

WD2 just arrived. Amazon's own delivery service is amazing. The only courier that comes before 11am. The others come at 2pm >
Yeah, I woke up a bit later than usual 11am, was just going about my business and testing out the new firmware update for my tv because I was expecting watch dogs to show up around 4pm or so. Only to find out 30 minutes later that it had already been delivered around 830am.

Hmm, mainly for Walmart's terrible online system. But the more I think about this, the more I think it would be fine. Exclusives = tons of stock. That being said, not sure I want to be anywhere near a Walmart the morning of Black Friday...

I don't think that the demand will be THAT big anyway.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I might need to get a Pro this year after all, as I can't seem to adjust to the 900p in Modern Warfare on Xbox. Pixel crawl and enemies are already hard to see 😔.

Gibbles17

Asked a few pages back but has anyone had any issues trading in a DS4 with a bit of peeling on the stick?

And in terms of the transfer program, guessing you guys had to pay the full price of the Pro (with whatever discount from the 5 games) and then they credited you back the discount offer after you brought in the OG? Talked to a lady last night and she seemed really unsure and mentioned the credit back might be EB games credit only, which would be a total dealbreaker.

BTails

Asked a few pages back but has anyone had any issues trading in a DS4 with a bit of peeling on the stick?

I didn't have any issues. One stick was peeling, but there were no chunks of the rubber missing. I think the CSR at EB took 1 look at the controller, then put it down. To be fair, it was the 8th PS4 she'd had traded in that day.

The book that Book Depository sent me in error (after I asked for the order to be cancelled) and wants me to deny delivery of was in my mailbox today. Of course, it's bent to shit because the mail carrier rolled it up.

The bend is pretty severe this time.

I'm not keeping it, though, as I'll be honest and drop it off at the post office.

Anyone have any insight to returning consoles to shoppers? Tempted to get their deal this weekend of $389 1TB GoW4 XBone S with $100 gift card but would probably not open it in case of better (or similar at retailer where I could spend the Gc on games) deal next week.

SDM Nov 19-25

1TB Gears of War 4 XBOX One S- $389 + $100 Gift Card
500GB Minecraft XBOX One S - $379 + $100 Gift Card
500GB Uncharted PS4 Slim- $379 + $100 Gift Card
Battlefield 1, Watch Dogs, NHL 17 pictured with "assorted software" at $49.88
Dual shock PS4 controller - $74.88 + $25 gift ard

Lexxism

Anyone have any insight to returning consoles to shoppers? Tempted to get their deal this weekend of $389 1TB GoW4 XBone S with $100 gift card but would probably not open it in case of better (or similar at retailer where I could spend the Gc on games) deal next week.
I'm pretty sure they don't allow returns on consoles.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm pretty sure they don't allow returns on consoles.

Can confirm, Shoppers doesnt allow returns on consoles (might be electronics in general)

The low dollar makes this an average deal at best. And upcoming switch- I too doubt this will be very popular.

The $199 mario 3d bundle is pretty darn close to the $139 deal in any case, for someone who's already been in the market the last couple of months

From selling my own 3DS, I can also say the market is absolutely saturated with the used ones ...

Hmmm, my NES Classic order from The Source "shipped" on Sunday but CP tracking still shows only the electronic label being created........anyone actually have their item shipped out yet?

SDM Nov 19-25

1TB Gears of War 4 XBOX One S- $389 + $100 Gift Card
500GB Minecraft XBOX One S - $379 + $100 Gift Card
500GB Uncharted PS4 Slim- $379 + $100 Gift Card
Battlefield 1, Watch Dogs, NHL 17 pictured with "assorted software" at $49.88
Dual shock PS4 controller - $74.88 + $25 gift ard

$10 more for double the hard drive space and a higher-valued game is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom