• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need Watch Dogs 2 in my life

Anyone else preorder Watch Dogs 2 through Amazon? Release day is tomorrow and it hasn't shipped. FS and BB always shipped days before.

Mine hasn't shipped yet either. In Toronto.

edit: nevermind, it did ship I just never got notified

My Amazon copy of WD2 was supposedly out for delivery this morning via Canada Post. At 9:15 this evening its status changed to delivered. I foolishly went and checked the mailbox, which I had already checked earlier this evening. Nope, nothing. Thanks for fudging your delivery completions Canada Post delivery guy.

I'm guessing it will show up tomorrow, but I it is pretty annoying when they do that. Say its delivered online, but it actually hasn't been delivered yet. It has happened to me a few times with UPS and CP.

Kieli

I bought the PS4 Pro at EB Games. They insisted I needed to buy a Platinum card to get the $210 so I bought it.

Traded in:
5 games ($22 each)

PS4 - 500 GB
$210 + 10% + $50

Total. including a Platinum membership card, was $128 + tax (I had $7 in credit on my card)

It took forever for them to figure out the promotion but I think (?) it ended up in my favor since I paid less than what I thought I was going to, plus now I have Game Informer and $10 coupon which I will trade in some worthless game for.

Oh, and apparently it was the last unit for sale.

Well, you don't. But I guess it isn't the end of the world.

How much is the Edge Platinum card now? Still $14/year? I haven't re-upped since last spring.

I might need to buy WD2 today.

My Amazon copy of WD2 was supposedly out for delivery this morning via Canada Post. At 9:15 this evening its status changed to delivered. I foolishly went and checked the mailbox, which I had already checked earlier this evening. Nope, nothing. Thanks for fudging your delivery completions Canada Post delivery guy.

I'm guessing it will show up tomorrow, but I it is pretty annoying when they do that. Say its delivered online, but it actually hasn't been delivered yet. It has happened to me a few times with UPS and CP.

Canada Post's site told me that some books I ordered were out for delivery one day, and would be delivered before 8pm. But that didn't happen.

They were delivered the next day, which is fine, but the asshole mail carrier rolled the three up and wedged them into my community mailbox slot. It's not very big, and it was a pain in the ass to get them out. They also came out a bit warped and with slight corner damage.

I filed a complaint through CP.

Pretty nice Black Friday sales for Xbox One S in the U.S. have been announced. $199, with the possibility of even slightly lower for some door crasher sales.

In Canada? I bet we get $350...maaaaybe down to $329.99. Damn, our dollar sucks. I'd bite so hard on a $200 XB1 S. At $330 plus tax? Meh, not so sure since I already have a PS4 Pro.

How much is the Edge Platinum card now? Still $14/year? I haven't re-upped since last spring.

I might need to buy WD2 today.

Canada Post's site told me that some books I ordered were out for delivery one day, and would be delivered before 8pm. But that didn't happen.

They were delivered the next day, which is fine, but the asshole mail carrier rolled the three up and wedged them into my community mailbox slot. It's not very big, and it was a pain in the ass to get them out. They also came out a bit warped and with slight corner damage.

I filed a complaint through CP.

Wow, terrible service! I'm guessing nothing came of your complaint?

Fortunately I have one of the older community boxes with is a decent size. The new ones are so thin, would be a pain trying to receive a few bigger items at a time.

Ours is older but they were three decent sized books and he wedged them in tightly. It took a minute or two to slowly inch them out.

The boxes have two oversized compartments each and that's what should have been used.

I have yet to hear back.

He did it with two other books I ordered in previous months. They were shipped alone and ended up being disappointing so I let it fly. Thus time I was pissed.

Thoughts on this?:

Since I have extra credit I'd like to turn into cash, I'm thinking about selling my sealed PS4 Pro, waiting for a restock and buying another. I'm in no rush to use it.

I know I may have to wait a week or two and will have to pay full price but I don't see a downside. So long as I get full price for it on Kijiji.

Anyone ever order something from game.co.uk? I'm thinking of important some amiibo cards from them but I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with the site. Thanks.

Lexxism

Guys need some help.

Basically hifi city in dufferin mall is selling ks8000 66 inch for 2350 +tax. They say it's not refurbished.

I reserved it....should I go for it? Seems too good to be true.

Anyone?
What happened? Did you buy it? The price is pretty much what you can get if you order it from BH Photo.

antibolo

Banned
My problem with Intelcom isn't the speed, things always get here quickly with them. It's the whole system they got going. I got guys delivering packages in taxis, sending me texts. One even lied about forgetting his keys so that someone would let him into the building and leave a package by my door. I know this because he texted me a)the story and b)a selfie of him with said package by my door.

HOLY FUCK

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My problem with Intelcom isn't the speed, things always get here quickly with them. It's the whole system they got going. I got guys delivering packages in taxis, sending me texts. One even lied about forgetting his keys so that someone would let him into the building and leave a package by my door. I know this because he texted me a)the story and b)a selfie of him with said package by my door.
What the hell... is this like Uber for deliveries and it's just random guys doing it?

Lexxism

They also never actually knock at my place (or even come at all), and tell Amazon there's a gate at my place. The ONLY way I've ever been able to get a package from them was by asking Amazon to tell them to safe drop it just OUTSIDE my apartment (since they pretend it's gated or that they can't find the door) after they fail to deliver it on their first attempt, then refreshing Amazon tracking all day, then calling my elderly neighbor so she can pick it up for me. It's ridiculous. They once pretended they couldn't find my door, and Amazon asked them (with my permission) to take a picture so they could prove they couldn't find the door (my apartment building has the most regular, normal looking door you've ever seen), they took a picture of a nearby tree and called it a day.

They are truly dreadful, it's like a parody.

This is just amazing.

Dynamex sends me texts asking me to come down and wait for them in the lobby.

Luckily my packages today are coming from Amazon. They have actually been good.

I've never really had an issue with UPS, FedEx, Dynamax or any of them. Just Canada Post doing the above and leaving a delivery failure notice on my door without knocking. Two of us were home that day, including my grandmother who would always sit at the kitchen table.

Anyways:

I went to Walmart at 7, and had to go to two before I could get Watch Dogs 2 on Xbox. The one had two boxes full of PS4, but no Xbox. The guy checked, though, and the other local stores had 30 or more.

Thankfully the other one is only ten minutes away. But when I asked the guy, he couldn't find it and gave up before I asked him to check a bottom box that had been missed and lo and behold, it was there.

Also bought the blue Xbox controller because I'm weak. My OCD is bugging me about it because there's tons of fog and moisture in the air, but it should be fine...

Dynamex sends me texts asking me to come down and wait for them in the lobby.

Luckily my packages today are coming from Amazon. They have actually been good.

Amazon's own delivery service is great, they're the only ones that seem to actually try to get a hold of me. They just dropped Watch Dogs 2 off a moment ago.

Anyone ever order something from game.co.uk? I'm thinking of important some amiibo cards from them but I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with the site. Thanks.

I imported the amiibo card album from them last year actually and it went well. I'd recommend importing the Sanrio cards from them.

Just because it's blue. At full price?

Doesn't sound like much of a Canadian deal lol.

I've developed a shopping addiction over the last year, to combat personal loss and grief. It's tied into my depression, and I keep wanting to buy things because subconsciously I think it will make me happy. But then I buy something and it's on to the next thing.

It's not greed; it's this empty void I'm trying to fill. But I hate it. I tell myself no, but have no self control. That's why I have 30 adult colouring books, seven Xbox One controllers and a shitload of pencil crayons and markers. But, to my credit, I spend a lot of my time colouring.

It was full price (albeit Walmart's discounted price, because they have them for $70. But I used an old gift card for it and Watch Dogs.)

I may return it..

chaosaeon

Hmmm, $1215 CAD for the 49" as opposed to $2200 from buying here, prett fucking good. I wonder if they will have any Black Friday sales, it would make them even sweeter.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...00fxza_ks8000_series_49_class_suhd_smart.html

Did you get the 49" version? How is it?

Edit: Oh it seems there will be additional fees and customs on top of the $1200 CAD, I wonder how much hmmm.

bhphotovideo is great, their shipping rate is cheaper than using forwarding service since the item will be shipped from their Toronto warehouse most of the time. I ordered a 55" TV from them few weeks ago, about ~$100 USD shipping and took 2 days to arrive.

You can just add the item to cart and calculate customs + shipping fee.

Spoke to them on the phone and they said about $1500 CAD ($1496) after all fees/taxes for the 49". And they also warned that warranties wouldn't be honored because it was bought in the states so if anything goes wrong with it you'd have to take it to the US.

Lexxism

Spoke to them on the phone and they said about $1500 CAD ($1496) after all fees/taxes for the 49". And they also warned that warranties wouldn't be honored because it was bought in the states so if anything goes wrong with it you'd have to take it to the US.
Manufacture warranty? Or it is their own warranty? I guy talked via live chat said that the warranty will work in Canada.

m23

the trailers do look good. hopefully i'll have enough google opinion rewards piled up by the time it comes out on Android :lol

Does Google rewards have some sort of limit? I don't get any new surveys when I'm close to $10. I spend a little then I get some more surveys until I get close to $10 again.

chaosaeon

Manufacture warranty? Or it is their own warranty? I guy talked via live chat said that the warranty will work in Canada.

Manufacture I believe. Because the model number ends with an 'A' instead of a "C". Their own warranty through the site is 70ish USD I believe and he did say that would work everywhere.
There has to be a better option for this TV here. How is $1500 for the 49" a deal. The only reason 1500 is a deal is because they try to charge 2000+ for it for no reason. The dollar is not worth $0.48 US but sure canadian retailers, sure. If a lemonade stand was charging 4 bucks a glass and then started charging 2 bucks that'd be a "sale" too, even though the one across the street is 25 cents.

Any other options here ? How long is it gonna take for this to cost what it should ?

antibolo

Banned
During one of the many times that Intelcom tried to deliver a package to me at my workplace after business hours (seriously, they do that almost every time), they actually gave the package to a random person they found in the lobby. Thankfully that person contacted me by phone the following day to meet up to give me my package.

Lexxism

Manufacture I believe. Because the model number ends with an 'A' instead of a "C". Their own warranty through the site is 70ish USD I believe and he did say that would work everywhere.
There has to be a better option for this TV here. How is $1500 for the 49" a deal. The only reason 1500 is a deal is because they try to charge 2000+ for it for no reason. The dollar is not worth $0.48 US but sure canadian retailers, sure. If a lemonade stand was charging 4 bucks a glass and then started charging 2 bucks that'd be a "sale" too, even though the one across the street is 25 cents.

Any other options here ? How long is it gonna take for this to cost what it should ?
Also, bestbuy warranty is a joke too. The price of the 2 yrs warranty in BB cost as much as the 4yrs warranty in BH Photo. I think Costco is the only one who has reasonable warranty but their TV selection is shit.

eyesradar

I imported the amiibo card album from them last year actually and it went well. I'd recommend importing the Sanrio cards from them.

Just got into collecting these for my gf... How good are these albums (I mean quality-wise)? I am kinda mad that these albums are not available in NA...

Also is there a swap/trade site for these cards in NA other than the swap/trade reddit?

Thanks ahead!

Haines

Banned
I've developed a shopping addiction over the last year, to combat personal loss and grief. It's tied into my depression, and I keep wanting to buy things because subconsciously I think it will make me happy. But then I buy something and it's on to the next thing.

It's not greed; it's this empty void I'm trying to fill. But I hate it. I tell myself no, but have no self control. That's why I have 30 adult colouring books, seven Xbox One controllers and a shitload of pencil crayons and markers. But, to my credit, I spend a lot of my time colouring.

It was full price (albeit Walmart's discounted price, because they have them for $70. But I used an old gift card for it and Watch Dogs.)

I may return it..

I wish I could help. I doubt that I've been in your situation. The fact that you are and vocal about it tells me you are smart enough to deal with this somehow.

Do what is right for you. I don't know any of your situation. I hope this isn't breaking you financially.

If it is and I were you I'd return and go buy some fruits and veggies and a nice pizza with the money.

My 2 cents. Hopefully you can get it sorted for nobody's benefit but your own.

My Walmart had a sign up on the door, saying they didn't have any NES Classics. That was smart of them.

The second one didn't, and the cellphone rep asked the electronics clerk if they had any when I was there.

Seems like people are going nuts for it, so here's hoping it will lead to SNES/N64 classics.

I wish I could help. I doubt that I've been in your situation. The fact that you are and vocal about it tells me you are smart enough to deal with this somehow.

Do what is right for you. I don't know any of your situation. I hope this isn't breaking you financially.

If it is and I were you I'd return and go buy some fruits and veggies and a nice pizza with the money.

My 2 cents. Hopefully you can get it sorted for nobody's benefit but your own.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Yeah, I need to work on it. I spend most of my time alone with my cat, colouring and thinking and obsessing over things. Trying to fight my depression any way I can, because I miss my Mom and have dark thoughts.

Thankfully I'm smart enough to know what's going on and to stop myself if I need to. I spend, but a lot of it is smaller stuff ($12-20 colouring books) and I limit myself so that I'm not going broke or digging into any emergency fund. This month has just been bad, because I got obsessed with NHL jerseys.

Today's was all on old gift cards I'd been holding onto for a while.

EDIT: I probably seem like the annoying crazy person here, and I apologize for posting so much. I'm going to try to stop. I don't want anyone hating me.

Truth be told, before I got disability and had any income, I did a paid (government/minimum wage) job skills course and won a contest from one of those restaurant surveys. But I hardly spent a dime. I would go for a month without spending more than $30-50, $100 tops. That would be a big month. I'd pinch pennies.

BadWolf

I think my PC might be crapping out on me, how much does a decent PC cost these days which can run stuff at okay FPS/resolution?

Have very little knowledge of PC parts and no idea how to build one, the one I have now was a pre-built refurb -_-

Amazon even said that WD2 was delivered yesterday for me...

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 8: Just Don't Move Here For The Deals

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom