• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

Virgin Mobile BYOP Plan Deal. AB and BC only
960x734_smart_fit.jpg

SickBoy

$10 more for double the hard drive space and a higher-valued game is worth it.

Yeah, and if you desperately need Minecraft, you can trade that Gears for it, I'm sure.

Virgin Mobile BYOP Plan Deal. AB and BC only

Tempting. My plan is $45/month and includes 1GB. The second gig (which I usually dip into) is $10. But I still have a device balance left, so any savings for the coming year is mostly eaten up by that.

Guess maybe I wait till next year and see if there are similar offers. Based on the way they've been shifting, I don't think there's any way in heck Bell offers me a subsidized device (again) with my current plan.

Corey31

$10 more for double the hard drive space and a higher-valued game is worth it.

I told myself I was going to wait to upgrade my XBOX One until the Scorpio but damn if it's not tempting to get the Gears Bundle. With a max redemption, the gift card and selling my current XBOX One on Kijiji I'd probably get close to breaking even and not even have to get rid of anything else.

Where's Firestorm with the new thread.

That Virgin Mobile deal doesn't look bad but it looks the same as Public Mobile (province-wide talk, 4GB data)?

Sora_N

Yeah, and if you desperately need Minecraft, you can trade that Gears for it, I'm sure.

Tempting. My plan is $45/month and includes 1GB. The second gig (which I usually dip into) is $10. But I still have a device balance left, so any savings for the coming year is mostly eaten up by that.

Guess maybe I wait till next year and see if there are similar offers. Based on the way they've been shifting, I don't think there's any way in heck Bell offers me a subsidized device (again) with my current plan.

Same thing for me...damn contracts.

My plan with bell sounds the same. 45+10 for 1+1gb

Canon

Banned
Question:

For the EB Games "Trade More, Get More," am I supposed to also receive my Edge bonus?

3 Games and get $10 extra credit
5 Games and get $20 extra credit
7 Games and get $30 extra credit

I got the $30 extra but I didn't receive the 5% bonus to my games.

-Deimos

I don't know why people on Kijiji think that I should be selling my Pro for less than retail.

No one's going to buy something from some random dude on kijiji when they can buy it at the same price at a retailer.
Gotta take tax into account. Paying the exact same price - tax is a decent savings.

I wouldn't call tax decent savings. It's not worth the additional security of buying retail.

TheClair

Neo Member
SDM Nov 19-25

1TB Gears of War 4 XBOX One S- $389 + $100 Gift Card
500GB Minecraft XBOX One S - $379 + $100 Gift Card
500GB Uncharted PS4 Slim- $379 + $100 Gift Card
Battlefield 1, Watch Dogs, NHL 17 pictured with "assorted software" at $49.88
Dual shock PS4 controller - $74.88 + $25 gift ard

Thanks for the info. I'm going to grab a PS4. Maybe a game or two too. :)

You are selling it for $570?! You even have $5 mark-up lol

What do you mean out of stock? Bestbuy and EB games has stocks.

I did the math wrong and in my tired state, thought it was $567 after tax. I just rounded up to make it $570. I'll likely change it to $550.

EB Games near me are all out of stock. Walmart didn't seem to have it.

No one is going to bite, Chewie, especially with EB's trade-in deals right now.

That's okay. I'd be fine not selling it. I just wanted to get cash for my credit is all, and not take a hit.

I realize it's reaching, but you never know unless you try, right? I saw it was OOS so I put the ad up.

My OCD is bugging me about the system for stupid reasons. I've had it on my bed in my basement gaming room, and my cat has jumped up on the bed to sleep twice. He also jumped up and put his paw on the box to steady himself which was enough to bug me.

My crazy mind makes me think something is wrong with it now, because maybe a bit of his fur/dust got in the box, and yes I know how insane that is. I'm trying to shake it.

Haines

Banned
Holy shit man

The mail lady fucking dropped my pro box in front of me on my driveway.

It still works.

Do me a favor. Drop yours on the floor. Open it up and play the damn thing. You don't even have to drop it if you don't want to.

Dazzler

No one's going to buy something from some random dude on kijiji when they can buy it at the same price at a retailer.

I wouldn't call tax decent savings. It's not worth the additional security of buying retail.

I'd only buy from someone off the internet if they were selling for less than retail

Holy shit man

It still works.

Do me a favor. Drop yours on the floor. Open it up and play the damn thing. You don't even have to drop it if you don't want to.

Sorry to hear that. I'm truly glad it still works.

I am crazy, though.

Is there a link yet for the Sanrio cards?

http://www.game.co.uk/en/animal-crossing-new-leaf-sanrio-amiibo-cards-pack-1733776

£4.99 shipping to Canada. They are not being released here if you didn't know, so this is a solid import option.

Just got into collecting these for my gf... How good are these albums (I mean quality-wise)? I am kinda mad that these albums are not available in NA...

Also is there a swap/trade site for these cards in NA other than the swap/trade reddit?

Thanks ahead!

I mean, the quality is miles ahead of the horrible HORI one released in NA, but it's not anything to write home about either IMO.

Shameless plug, but I don't actually know anywhere else, so... There is an amiibo card trading board on the Animal Crossing forum I help run. It's getting fairly popular with the new update:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/forumdisplay.php?157-Animal-Crossing-amiibo-Card-Post-Office

SickBoy

Sorry to hear that. I'm truly glad it still works.

I am crazy, though.

I might not speak for everyone, but I do appreciate the fact that your name includes "OCD." Because I think if it didn't, people would more unkind regarding some of your quirks.

The fact that you're open about it is probably helpful for most of us here... and I think a lot of people can relate to some degree, because many people have obsessive/compulsive tendencies (myself included), just nowhere near as bad.

Since I'm already blathering on, I will say that sometimes I wonder if the thread is helpful for you or whether it sometimes enables your obsessive thoughts around controllers or returning stuff or whatever (or seeing the small imperfections that annoy some of us in games or hardware or what have you).

Anyway, I guess that's totally off topic, but good on you for helping us understand where you come from when you're talking about dust on something, etc.

Are there any good deals for Pokemon?

I might not speak for everyone, but I do appreciate the fact that your name includes "OCD." Because I think if it didn't, people would more unkind regarding some of your quirks.

The fact that you're open about it is probably helpful for most of us here... and I think a lot of people can relate to some degree, because many people have obsessive/compulsive tendencies (myself included), just nowhere near as bad.

Since I'm already blathering on, I will say that sometimes I wonder if the thread is helpful for you or whether it sometimes enables your obsessive thoughts around controllers or returning stuff or whatever (or seeing the small imperfections that annoy some of us in games or hardware or what have you).

Anyway, I guess that's totally off topic, but good on you for helping us understand where you come from when you're talking about dust on something, etc.

Thanks. I feel I post here too much and people probably are annoyed, so I'm going to try to cut it down.

This forum is really helpful because I can be myself and I'm not really put down for my quirks like I was elsewhere. On another Canadian forum. But I get where you're coming from.

EDIT: Thanks, Bronetta. I get that.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Ill be honest Chewies posts used to annoy me and I wanted to snap at him but that wouldnt really help anyone. Now Ive learned to get along with his antics and I even look forward to seeing which minute detail is bothering him or which controller he bought and subsequently returned.

Like a little brother, a little annoying at times but I still like you :)

Savitar

Holy shit man

It still works.

My suggestion, report them.

Call the service and report the mistreatment.

It's the only way to change things like that from happening.

Thanks. I didn't know about it and will check it out.

I'm not sure if I'll have any games for it, but we'll see. If not, I'll just wait, because I still have Heart Gold, Y, Sapphire and Platinum to play...

My suggestion, report them.

Call the service and report the mistreatment.

It's the only way to change things like that from happening.

If they even care. I filed a complaint last week, but the same mistreatment happened again today. Complaint #2 filed...

AzerPhire

Chewie I really think you need to stop spending. When 90% of the stuff you buy you either return, never open or resell you know you have a problem and you are really wasting a lot of money.

You would be better off putting the money into a tax free savings account or RSP. It would help you with your spending habits and also benefit you in the long run.

eyesradar

http://www.game.co.uk/en/animal-crossing-new-leaf-sanrio-amiibo-cards-pack-1733776

£4.99 shipping to Canada. They are not being released here if you didn't know, so this is a solid import option.

I mean, the quality is miles ahead of the horrible HORI one released in NA, but it's not anything to write home about either IMO.

Shameless plug, but I don't actually know anywhere else, so... There is an amiibo card trading board on the Animal Crossing forum I help run. It's getting fairly popular with the new update:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/forumdisplay.php?157-Animal-Crossing-amiibo-Card-Post-Office

Thanks for all the info! Will definitely check the forum too! Tonight I just invited the monster hunter cat over from my imported MHStories Amiibos. So excited! Loving this update so much.

Chewie I really think you need to stop spending. When 90% of the stuff you buy you either return, never open or resell you know you have a problem and you are really wasting a lot of money.

You would be better off putting the money into a tax free savings account or RSP. It would help you with your spending habits and also benefit you in the long run.

Yeah, you're right. I plan to open an RDSP, I just don't know how and need to talk to my Dad's accountant about it. I think it has to be done through taxes.

Thankfully I'm not spending too much stupidly. I mean, I am in a way, but the only really dumb buys are the controllers. That's a waste. I know it, but I still obsess.

I do keep buying different colouring books and probably have 40 including pre-orders, but I spend a lot of time colouring and those will get used, whereas the controllers may not.

The only other thing I've really spent much on as of late is a few NHL jerseys, but I don't plan to buy anymore. I lucked out on getting the one half price thanks to this thread, got it personalized and picked it up tonight. Then I knew the awesome World Cup jerseys were going to be phased out, so I bought one of those and a Leafs jersey, each for fifty percent off of their clearance price: $40-something each. But I wanted the red one and they only had white, so I got a clearance red one at a jersey store and had Toews' number put on it.

I don't plan to go crazy with the jerseys. I don't really want or need any more. So I think I'm safe there and it was just a one-time impulse. Hell, they'll probably just sit because I'll be too afraid to wear most of them.

Thankfully, although it seems like I am spending a lot and I am spending a decent amount (especially this month), I'm not dipping into any emergency fund and am doing okay. I have no credit card and zero debt, and am smart enough to stop myself before it becomes a real problem.

I do plan to open up an RDSP, though.

Thanks. And I apologize if it sounds like I'm making excuses. I know I need to be smarter and am honestly trying to.

Honestly, I wish I could just sleep for a month or lock myself indoors and not worry about shopping for a month.

Me a few days ago:

Me Now:

Oh no.

OH NO.

I'm now lamenting about NES Classic Shipping times

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mine came on Saturday! I even hunted down a used Wii classic controller, couldnt be bothered to try and get a second nes pad.

Tapejara

Yeah, you're right. I plan to open an RDSP, I just don't know how and need to talk to my Dad's accountant about it. I think it has to be done through taxes.

Thankfully I'm not spending too much stupidly. I mean, I am in a way, but the only really dumb buys are the controllers. That's a waste. I know it, but I still obsess.

I do keep buying different colouring books and probably have 40 including pre-orders, but I spend a lot of time colouring and those will get used, whereas the controllers may not.

The only other thing I've really spent much on as of late is a few NHL jerseys, but I don't plan to buy anymore. I lucked out on getting the one half price thanks to this thread, got it personalized and picked it up tonight. Then I knew the awesome World Cup jerseys were going to be phased out, so I bought one of those and a Leafs jersey, each for fifty percent off of their clearance price: $40-something each. But I wanted the red one and they only had white, so I got a clearance red one at a jersey store and had Toews' number put on it.

I don't plan to go crazy with the jerseys. I don't really want or need any more. So I think I'm safe there and it was just a one-time impulse. Hell, they'll probably just sit because I'll be too afraid to wear most of them.

Thankfully, although it seems like I am spending a lot and I am spending a decent amount (especially this month), I'm not dipping into any emergency fund and am doing okay. I have no credit card and zero debt, and am smart enough to stop myself before it becomes a real problem.

I do plan to open up an RDSP, though.

Thanks. And I apologize if it sounds like I'm making excuses. I know I need to be smarter and am honestly trying to.

Honestly, I wish I could just sleep for a month or lock myself indoors and not worry about shopping for a month.

Opening an RDSP is actually pretty easy. My bank only does it over the phone, so I had to call them and speak to a representative, they filled out some paper work on their end and sent it to me, I filled out my parts and sent it back. Other banks do it in person (RBC). I believe you also need to have the Ontario Disability Tax Credit if you're in Ontario.

Edit: also, depending on how far back the disability tax credit goes that thing can pay out like crazy. Really great for saving up.

Anth0ny

I shouldn't worry about the stock of Pokemon Sun on Friday or should I?

of course not. it'll be nintendo's most shipped game of the year by a mile.

I have to imagine they want to make SOME money this holiday. undershipped retro console things aren't going to cut it. pokemon is everything.

Luigi87

The store I work at got well over 500 copies (combining both games).
I think you'll be fine with most retailers, lol

Edit: To put into perspective, IIRC when FE Fates launched, we only got 12 of each version.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

You can never be too sure with Nintendo. Surely they wouldnt undership their biggest release of the year but its also Nintendo's most preordered game ever.

With Black Friday coming up, demand will be high.

Xenoflare

of course not. it'll be nintendo's most shipped game of the year by a mile.

I have to imagine they want to make SOME money this holiday. undershipped retro console things aren't going to cut it. pokemon is everything.

The store I work at got well over 500 copies (combining both games).
I think you'll be fine with most retailers, lol

Edit: To put into perspective, IIRC when FE Fates launched, we only got 12 of each version.

Yeah, I think the BB near me got it's first shipment of Fates pretty quickly. I even had a few chats with the poor souls who was clinging on the hope that the SE is available for purchase, to put things in context, when I tried to preorder conquest the clerk actually had a knee jerk reaction and told me no more SEs are available around December

You can never be too sure with Nintendo. Surely they wouldnt undership their biggest release of the year but its also Nintendo's most preordered game ever.

With Black Friday coming up, demand will be high.

I'd laugh a bit more if I wasn't so whiplashed chasing FEs all over the city XD

Anyways, thanks guys.

Opening an RDSP is actually pretty easy. My bank only does it over the phone, so I had to call them and speak to a representative, they filled out some paper work on their end and sent it to me, I filled out my parts and sent it back. Other banks do it in person (RBC). I believe you also need to have the Ontario Disability Tax Credit if you're in Ontario.

Edit: also, depending on how far back the disability tax credit goes that thing can pay out like crazy. Really great for saving up.

Yeah, that's the thing. I need to sign up for the disability tax credit.

I asked my Dad to mention it to his accountant when we filed our taxes, but he forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom