• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
From scamming Amazon to scamming PSN. In all seriousness though, I didn't realize they did price matches. Is that only on errors, or just for all random, non-sale price changes?

Hey. There was no scamming done. Nor any intent to scam. I pre-ordered the day before. The day of release it dropped $10 (it turns out it was an error on their part). I contacted them to see if I could get that price as there would have been a bunch of people getting it that price, that day. This was the end result. I never anticipated that I would have got 2 refunds (you'd think there would be notes) nor was I ever told I'd get a full refund.

Hey. There was no scamming done. Nor any intent to scam. I pre-ordered the day before. The day of release it dropped $10 (it turns out it was an error on their part). I contacted them to see if I could get that price as there would have been a bunch of people getting it that price, that day. This was the end result. I never anticipated that I would have got 2 refunds (you'd think there would be notes) nor was I ever told I'd get a full refund.

Sorry, it was a joke. I don't think you were trying to, you just had a lucky accident.

Sorry, it was a joke. I don't think you were trying to, you just had a lucky accident.

No problem. Just wasn't sure after how things were shaking out in that last thread. Just felt I needed to clarify how it happened.

Again...you'd think they would make notes. Not that I'm complaining they didn't. :D

Sealtest

So my replacement copy of the Pokemon Blu-ray also had scratches on every disc. No way this is just an uncommon problem.

No problem. Just wasn't sure after how things were shaking out in that last thread. Just felt I needed to clarify how it happened.

Again...you'd think they would make notes. Not that I'm complaining they didn't. :D

Customer Services seem to exist each in their own bubble. Just like most notes/comments, no one reads them unless they have to.

Cynar

Canadian pricing for the galaxy s7 and s7 edge is up. Get ready to vomit thanks to our crappy dollar(thanks Harper).

Bell:
Galaxy S7: $899.99 no-term, $399.99 on a 2-year contract
Galaxy S7 edge: $999.99, $499.99 on a 2-year contract

Virgin Mobile:

Telus:
Galaxy S7: $900 no-term, $400 on a 2-year contract
Galaxy S7 edge: $1,000, $500 on a 2-year contract

Koodo Mobile:
Galaxy S7: $904 no-term, $544 with Tab, or $400 with the Tab Plus

Rogers:

New Deal
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ncix...in-internal-hard-disk-drive-109-99-a-1910239/

3 TB hard drive for $110.

Only today (thread is old but deal came back today). I wish I had spare money lying around. Does anyone know if this thing can fit inside a PS3, PS4 or 11" laptop? If it can fit in my laptop, I might be able to siphon funds from father.

No to all three. It's a 3.5" drive and so will not fit in any device that requires a 2.5" drive, which the PS consoles and your laptop all do.

Takuan

Hooray my US amazon order of FE Fates SE finally shipped! *Runs to check CC charge* $146 CAD. Well fuck me.

To be fair, that's still chump change compared to what these things are going for on the 'Bay. Enjoy it.

Speaking of, my copy of Conquest it inexplicably arrived open - the wrapper was clean off! Game was still in there, but I had it replaced anyway because there was an unsightly tear on the cover. Glad Amazon's good about exchanges.

MDSLKTR

Canadian pricing for the galaxy s7 and s7 edge is up. Get ready to vomit thanks to our crappy dollar(thanks Harper).

Bell:

Virgin Mobile:

Telus:

Koodo Mobile:

Rogers:

I don't feel so bad now after getting an s6 for 200$ this month

Anth0ny

Mew Codes

So if you don't have an eb games near you, or the ones near you has sold out, you can call Nintendo Customer Service directly and they'll provide you with a code.

1-800-255-3700

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/46xiwy/psa_you_can_get_a_mew_code_from_nintendo_customer/

I didn't even realize this was happening lol. if anyone has an extra mew code hook me up! or maybe I'll just call these dudes.

Does anyone know the cheapest way to buy Windows 10? I'm installing it onto a new PC that doesn't have a disc drive, so the free upgrade from 7 is out of the picture. However, I've read that you can put the installation files onto any USB Drive with a special program from Microsoft. Can I buy the French DVD Version of Windows 8, put that on a USB, then install it onto my new PC in English and get the free Windows 10 upgrade? It seems ridiculous, but that French DVD is only $120, while the English version of Windows 10 on USB is $150. That's decent savings right there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

jzbluz

Finally received my FE SE from BB, and the box is all banged up. It's a good thing that I'm not too particular about keeping the box.

Does anyone know the cheapest way to buy Windows 10? I'm installing it onto a new PC that doesn't have a disc drive, so the free upgrade from 7 is out of the picture. However, I've read that you can put the installation files onto any USB Drive with a special program from Microsoft. Can I buy the French DVD Version of Windows 8, put that on a USB, then install it onto my new PC in English and get the free Windows 10 upgrade? It seems ridiculous, but that French DVD is only $120, while the English version of Windows 10 on USB is $150. That's decent savings right there.

You just have to download the files, so no disk drive required. Unless you don't have Windows 7 installed then I don't know.

Mupod

New Deal
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ncix...in-internal-hard-disk-drive-109-99-a-1910239/

3 TB hard drive for $110.

Only today (thread is old but deal came back today). I wish I had spare money lying around. Does anyone know if this thing can fit inside a PS3, PS4 or 11" laptop? If it can fit in my laptop, I might be able to siphon funds from father.

tempting but I need to stop just solving my storage problems by getting more drives

"2TB? I'll NEVER fill that up"

2 months later, 20gb remain

Does your pre-order Chun Li still work?

Just checked. Got the same but...slightly better?

I went through both phone and chat because I didn't want to take a chance that they'd screw up. Phone support gave me the refund immediately, $10 to my psn wallet. Chat just refunded me the $69.99 on top of that. WT?

Haven't checked 'Chun-Li', will do that tonight.

Does your skin not work anymore?

Also wow, should have called as well :p

Is Sony using Amazon CS reps now?

If only.

I'm installing it onto a new PC that doesn't have a disc drive, so the free upgrade from 7 is out of the picture.

Why would you need a disc drive for the free 7->10? IIRC it's simply downloaded and installed on the computer, from my 2-3 installation I have done a couple of months ago.

Walpurgis

Banned
No to all three. It's a 3.5" drive and so will not fit in any device that requires a 2.5" drive, which the PS consoles and your laptop all do.

Damn it. My laptop's main hard drive failed on me a few weeks back but somehow resuscitated itself later that day. How much do 1 TB 2.5" drives usually retail for?

kevin1025

Banned

Bell:

Virgin Mobile:

Telus:

Koodo Mobile:

Rogers:

I guess I'm keeping my original Nexus for another year.

Damn it. My laptop's main hard drive failed on me a few weeks back but somehow resuscitated itself later that day. How much do 1 TB 2.5" drives usually retail for?

Depends on the brand. Usually $70-$100.

Sometimes it's more cost-effective to get an external drive, rip off the casing, and use it as your internal drive. But beware not all external drives allow this to happen.

Anth0ny

You just have to download the files, so no disk drive required. Unless you don't have Windows 7 installed then I don't know.

Yeah, it's a brand new PC, so no OS installed.

I was thinking I could insert the Windows 8 DVD into my current PC, somehow RIP the ISO, put it on a USB Drive then install it onto the new PC that way? Does anyone know if that's possible? And can I install into english if it's a french dvd? lol

Why would you need a disc drive for the free 7->10? IIRC it's simply downloaded and installed on the computer, from my 2-3 installation I have done a couple of months ago.

I'm saying I just built a PC from the ground up, there's no OS on it at all so I can't do any upgrade!

Yeah, it's a brand new PC, so no OS installed.

I was thinking I could insert the Windows 8 DVD into my current PC, somehow RIP the ISO, put it on a USB Drive then install it onto the new PC that way? Does anyone know if that's possible? And can I install into english if it's a french dvd? lol

I'm saying I just built a PC from the ground up, there's no OS on it at all so I can't do any upgrade!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Need to create a USB, DVD or ISO?

If you need to install or reinstall Windows 10 using a USB or DVD, you can use the media creation tool below to create your own installation media with either a USB flash drive or a DVD. The tool provides file formats optimised for download speed and can be used to create ISO files.

Depends on the brand. Usually $70-$100.

Sometimes it's more cost-effective to get an external drive, rip off the casing, and use it as your internal drive. But beware not all external drives allow this to happen.

A Seagate 1TB portable external should run you $70-80 on sale, 2GB around $100. Those can be cannibalized.

Western Digital portable external drives can NOT be cannibalized. The USB port is soldered onto the drive.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Like there is with games, I know that there are sites out there that sell cheap OEM Windows keys.
https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/

You also need to explicitly make the USB drive a bootable disk using the Windows iso.

Same. I just wanted the $10 difference back. Not my fault they screwed up.

Edit: nm, missed the follow up to your quote.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My understanding is that games stay activated if you ask for a refund on Xbone as well. I assume games are activated per console as well as per account and there's no way to revoke the console activation.

(I guess PT is the example that everyone has on their PS4. They can still play it, but can never redownload it and it is not in their account history)

Palehorse

Okay so file this under 'info I didn't have before'.

I just checked an amazon E3 preorder. I had two orders, both of 3 games. I cancelled one of the games from an order a while ago, leaving 5 games left in 2 orders. I just saw that the E3 promo discount has been removed from the order with 2 games in it. I didn't get an email or anything on the discount being removed.

I get that they don't want ppl getting the 30% discount and then cancelling games below the threshold for the promo, but in this case I have enough games ordered still to cover it.

I contacted Amazon via chat and was told they can't do anything. They can't change the price. I was moved up the chain to a lead who also said they can't do anything. This seems like BS but they were adamant about having their hands tied.

So beware if you have open orders, don't cancel below that 3 game minimum.

FrsDvl

My understanding is that games stay activated if you ask for a refund on Xbone as well. I assume games are activated per console as well as per account and there's no way to revoke the console activation.

(I guess PT is the example that everyone has on their PS4. They can still play it, but can never redownload it and it is not in their account history)

It's not always the case on Xbox, I've had 2 refunds, and one game works still and the other doesn't.

Okay so file this under 'info I didn't have before'.

I just checked an amazon E3 preorder. I had two orders, both of 3 games. I cancelled one of the games from an order a while ago, leaving 5 games left in 2 orders. I just saw that the E3 promo discount has been removed from the order with 2 games in it. I didn't get an email or anything on the discount being removed.

I get that they don't want ppl getting the 30% discount and then cancelling games below the threshold for the promo, but in this case I have enough games ordered still to cover it.

I contacted Amazon via chat and was told they can't do anything. They can't change the price. I was moved up the chain to a lead who also said they can't do anything. This seems like BS but they were adamant about having their hands tied.

So beware if you have open orders, don't cancel below that 3 game minimum.

Ask another CSR, not all of them are allowed to modify prices.

Palehorse

Ask another CSR, not all of them are allowed to modify prices.

Argh, I just tried again and got the exact same rep as the first time.

A clue may be that the chat window was saying they are 'Amazon' from Amazon.ca. Seems kinda generic and tempy.

I'll try again in a while or a day.

Anth0ny

Also keep in mind that windows 7 and later keys will directly activate a windows 10 install. This is what I did; windows 8 standard key to activate windows 10 clean install.

YO SERIOUSLY?!?!?

Ok I need to try this as soon as I get home from work. I was about to spend $120+ on a copy of windows 10. If I could actually get it for free that would be sweet :D

Seik

Banned
Finally got my copy of SFV, guys! :D

I don't feel too bad buying it at launch with the discount I got, no matter how barebone it is. Got 30% off the price that was 59,99$ on Amazon back then, now considering that the game is sold at 69,99$ MSRP...I don't feel ripped off too much at 42.99$+taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom