• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

if the holiday season sucks for new game releases, feel free to buy Far Cry Primal for the low price of $19.99* at Black Friday/Boxing Day!

* it'll be $29.99

kevin1025

Banned
Guys to cancel Far Cry Primal or not?...fuuuu.

The setting looks so cool though.

I cancelled a couple of weeks back because of the exact thing WrenchNinja said, the game will drop in price significantly by May or June, which is when I'll have the time to play it. If you REALLY want it, though, definitely don't cancel it!

baconcow

Thanks, just purchased South Park: Stick of Truth for $5.75 (w/ tax). Best price I've seen since the $5 PSN sale for PS3. Came with a Steam key, immediately.

N° 2048

Thanks, just purchased South Park: Stick of Truth for $5.75 (w/ tax). Best price I've seen since the $5 PSN sale for PS3. Came with a Steam key, immediately.

You're going to have so much fun. Amazing game and sequel is out this year I believe.

tektite

I got a bunch of extra Wii U VC Super Mario Bros and Legend of Zelda codes that I don't need from those eBay eShop cards. I thought this would be the best place to let them go. Hopefully, I didn't make any typos below. Let the thread know if you've taken one

theRizzle

Anyone want a Divekick Steam key? Quote to see it.

I got a bunch of extra Wii U VC Super Mario Bros and Legend of Zelda codes that I don't need from those eBay eShop cards. I thought this would be the best place to let them go. Hopefully, I didn't make any typos below. Let the thread know if you've taken one

That's awesome. I'd grab one but my Wii U won't get here until next week.

NEW DEAL
South Park: The Stick Of Truth Steam - $5 CDN

Though it's sold through Uplay, you're given a Steam key (can confirm as I just bought it, doesn't require Uplay at all). This is apparently the cheapest it's ever been.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_CA/pd/productID.333350400/South-Park-The-Stick-of-Truth

Thanks for that. Already beat the game on 360 but for that price I'll add it to my Steam collection for sure.

To hide the codes such that we see it when we quote you, you have to put them in a "Email Link"

Code:
 [ EMAIL="Code here"][/EMAIL ] remove the space between [ and E and L and ]

Mubbed

Took the middle Zelda code. Thanks.

i-Jest

<br />
<br />
Super Mario Bros: B0...TPHN50<br />

Took the first Mario and Zelda code. Thank you for your generosity.

khaaan

The Amazon emails of "You saved $XY" don't take into account the 20%-30% discount on them, right? I got an email saying that the price charged at shipping was the full price of the game. I can't find any older emails to compare to.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Used the 2nd SMB code. Thank you so much!

The Amazon emails of "You saved $XY" don't take into account the 20%-30% discount on them, right? I got an email saying that the price charged at shipping was the full price of the game. I can't find any older emails to compare to.

Yes, they don't take into account the discount. Just whatever price they're listed at in your order. Check your card transactions for the amount charged.

NEW DEAL

Though it's sold through Uplay, you're given a Steam key (can confirm as I just bought it, doesn't require Uplay at all). This is apparently the cheapest it's ever been.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_CA/pd/productID.333350400/South-Park-The-Stick-of-Truth

Hmm, Far Cry 4 is 20 CAD, which I think is the lowest it's been. But Uplay... ughhh, I know it would go through Uplay on Steam regardless, but I still feel icky owning something solely on Uplay.

eyeless

NEW DEAL

thanks for the heads up, bought south park

does anyone know if south park is the lone exception that gives a steam key or do any other games give steam keys? i'd be interested in buying ac4 and far cry 3 if they gave steam keys. maybe the games that have 'pc download' on that box art give steam keys? anyone buy any other games?

thanks for the heads up, bought south park

does anyone know if south park is the lone exception that gives a steam key or do any other games give steam keys? i'd be interested in buying ac4 and far cry 3 if they gave steam keys. maybe the games that have 'pc download' on that box art give steam keys? anyone buy any other games?

I think Rocksmith 2014 might be the same but that's it. Ubisoft only published Stick of Truth, so it doesn't actually use Uplay and is a Steam game (in that every PC copy is a Steam code).

Sora_N

FE came today. I don't live that far away from my work area so I'm actually going out that far just to pick it up. Friday releases really suck.

Augustiner

Neo Member
When Amazon CS issues a credit, is it instant or it can take a while to appear?

Edit: Looks like the first CS did not issue it. Next CS applied it to a pre-order instead. However, it sucks if the game comes out in a 20% off promotion. Reordering it would make it cheaper than the applied credit. :/

Sora_N

My FE came in an envelope from BB. Small minor dent only. Pretty surprising but why would they ship in an envelope in the first place.

FrsDvl

So my pokemon n3DS just shipped from amazon...

Mine as well, may be they are coming from BC and thats why the early shipping? Or are we both moving?

Nothing here, thank god. Still waiting for the money to clear on my creditcard, they better not be pulling tricks. They did tell me it would ship on the 25th, so i'm sure i'll be ok.

edit:

lol.. went in chat with a CSR to double check my ship date

I've checked that this item is currently unavailable in amazon.ca and supplier is delaying to send the items, our sale team asking with the suppliers. Based on the information that we have received from the supplier, we currently expect to be able to ship your order to you between Feb 25, 2016 - March 2 2016.

SHIT went to go cancel my Pokemon N3DS and it shipped a few hours beforehand 9 days early! How does Amazon handle returns? Or do I sell it? Or should I sell my Majora's Mask N3DS XL? So many questions! This is annoying.

SHIT went to go cancel my Pokemon N3DS and it shipped a few hours beforehand 9 days early! How does Amazon handle returns? Or do I sell it? Or should I sell my Majora's Mask N3DS XL? So many questions! This is annoying.

When I had to send something back they emailed me a shipping label and I sent it back, but in my case they handled the cost because it was their fault.

jred2k

Amazon is alright about returns. You can just request a return label through you order status and send it back. Though, they do charge you for the label and reduce that amount from your refund. I'm not sure how it would be processed if you refused the shipment and had it sent back to them.

Fularu

Banned
When I had to send something back they emailed me a shipping label and I sent it back, but in my case they handled the cost because it was their fault.

Amazon always handles the return, even if it's a simple "I'm no longer interested in this item" or a "This new item on promotion sounds more interesting than the one I purchase two weeks ago which is still unopened".

I haven't done many returns (just 2 so far) but both times they paid for it.

Kyolux

oooh new thread.

Love the title. :D

Nothing shipping for me until Dark Souls 3.

I'm so broke with dental fees anyway. I'm almost 32 and getting braces next week (had some in my teens already too). $7000 bill with insurances only covering 2500.

Amazon always handles the return, even if it's a simple "I'm no longer interested in this item" or a "This new item on promotion sounds more interesting than the one I purchase two weeks ago which is still unopened".

Good to know! I'll check if anyone wants it locally and if not I guess I'll just send it back if Amazon really is that simple! I'm just worried once I have it in my hands I won't want to part with it!

baconcow

Thanks, I have been wanting to try this game. Can't buy at the moment, is a UPlay account required to make the purchase?

It is a Steamworks game and purchasing gives you a Steam code. There is no UPlay integration within Steam, either. Not sure if you need a UPlay account to purchase or if it is a Ubisoft store account. I just logged into the store, bought it, and received my Steam code.

I usually tell them that the system would not let me cancel on time and if they charge me shipping I tell them that again and they reimburse them. (source: I have returned about 10 things in 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom