• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit, traded my PS4 last week for a Pro, and just realized I forgot my disc of Tomb Raider in it. Traded consoles are sent back to the head office. They've been nice enough to flag my console so they could get my game back, but apparently it can take months.

Did this ever happen to anyone here before?

For those concerned about Best Buy cancelling FF XV preorders from Future Shop from 2013 E3 deals or around that time, I just called and was successfully able to update my address and stuff. So as long as you are still receiving the monthly emails saying "your order is awaiting release" or whatever, then I presume you should be fine (also assuming your billing info is good to go as well, of course).

Dammit, traded my PS4 last week for a Pro, and just realized I forgot my disc of Tomb Raider in it. Traded consoles are sent back to the head office. They've been nice enough to flag my console so they could get my game back, but apparently it can take months.

No but that's pretty bone headed to forget a game in the drive.

Just be glad they can at least try to find it.

Are they supposed to test the system in store? You could call the District Manager and say had they tested in store like they were supposed to they should have noticed the game in the drive and flagged it immediately at the store. Maybe they could give you a copy.

Are they supposed to test the system in store? You could call the District Manager and say had they tested in store like they were supposed to they should have noticed the game in the drive and flagged it immediately at the store. Maybe they could give you a copy.

They haven't tested my hardware trades in the store for ages. I think they just take whatever at this point.

They didn't have a used copy in-store, they would've gave it to me. But they'll give me a call if they get one, which of course, could take forever.

Guess it's very telling that they don't test the consoles at all. Heck, they didn't even open the box to check if everything was in order. Then again I'm somewhat of a regular, so it may be the reason.

They haven't tested my hardware trades in the store for ages. I think they just take whatever at this point.

Apparently there's been a shortage of used PS4, so they just take and send them right away.

jayu26

I will oblige you with your avatar quote request
image.php

They didn't have a used copy in-store, they would've gave it to me. But they'll give me a call if they get one, which of course, could take forever.

Guess it's very telling that they don't test the consoles at all. Heck, they didn't even open the box to check if everything was in order. Then again I'm somewhat of a regular, so it may be the reason.

Apparently there's been a shortage of used PS4, so they just take and send them right away.

They checked mine. Even commented about how nicely I packed it.

jholmes

Was that the PS4 you got for free? Or am I misremembering.

Anyone know if the $49 "assorted games" at shoppers drug Mart today include games like doom, uncharted, rise of the tomb raider, IW, etc. ?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Fuck, I am now thinking to get the cheaper 43" X800D so that in a year or two when full array and proper HDR with metadata become standard, I can upgrade more easily.
It will be a bit of a downgrade from my current 46" tho 🤔

Lexxism

Fuck, I am now thinking to get the cheaper 43" X800D so that in a year or two when full array and proper HDR with metadata become standard, I can upgrade more easily.
It will be a bit of a downgrade from my current 46" tho 🤔
It's sold out tho

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

I will oblige you with your avatar quote request
image.php

They checked mine. Even commented about how nicely I packed it.

Hahaha. Some people here have a good memory. Yes it was.

Yeah. I think that's the guy who got a PS4 + DS4 for $70 or so.

image.php
image.php
image.php

Hurry up and leak the Black Friday flyers!!! :(

I'm hoping for:
- $329.99 500GB XB1 S Halo 5/MCC bundle with an extra game (Forza or Gears?)
- $50 (or less) Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4
- $40 Destiny: The Collection on PS4
- $40 Bioshock: The Collection on PS4
- $20 Quantum Break on XB1
- $15 SOMA on PSN
- $10 Sunset Overdrive on XB1
- $10 Telltale's Batman season on PSN
- $7 Rayman Legends on PSN
- $7 Firewatch on PSN
- $7 ABZU on PSN
- $7 Oxenfree on PSN
- $7 Beyond Two Souls PS4

sikkinixx

I'm hoping for a cheap Apple Watch. $300ish cdn for a Series 1 if I order from Target in the US is about at the limit I would pay for one.

superbad

I'm hoping for:
- $15 SOMA on PSN
- $7 Firewatch on PSN
- $7 ABZU on PSN
- $7 Oxenfree on PSN

Quantum Break is $19.96 and Sunset Overdrive is $9.96 at The Source.

daftstar

I'm hoping for:
- $15 SOMA on PSN
- $7 Firewatch on PSN
- $7 ABZU on PSN
- $7 Oxenfree on PSN

Co-sign on cheaper Rise of the Tomb Raider. Also looking to pick up Ratchet and Clank and MAYBE one of the three big MP shooters recently released (preferably Titanfall 2).

Quantum Break is $19.96 and Sunset Overdrive is $9.96 at The Source.

Oh cool, you're right! I can't buy those yet though because it's going to take a great deal on the XB1 S for me to jump in with Xbox. That's the first domino that needs to fall.

Co-sign on cheaper Rise of the Tomb Raider. Also looking to pick up Ratchet and Clank and MAYBE one of the three big MP shooters recently released (preferably Titanfall 2).

Can't go wrong with Titanfall 2 for $40 or $50. The single player campaign is pretty cool, and the multiplayer is incredible. It's a fantastic package/value. Especially on PS4 Pro where it also looks stunning.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Sorry, no idea. There's a Sony authorized reseller that are selling the TV for $100 extra ($899.99) http://www.shopgentec.ca/p/x800d-4k-hdr-with-android-tv
No it was more of a rhetorical question, like obviously they have to restock, right? It's not like Sony stopped producing them.

I just hope it happens by Black Friday, I'm really hyped about upgrading from a 6 year old Samsung. Colors are still nice as is the picture quality (due to great calibration), but there's some massive light bleed in 3 spots around the edges and a dead pixel. Can't fucking wait.

daftstar

Can't go wrong with Titanfall 2 for $40 or $50. The single player campaign is pretty cool, and the multiplayer is incredible. It's a fantastic package/value. Especially on PS4 Pro where it also looks stunning.

Yeah part of the reason I was interested in it (and RoTR + R&C) is because I got the Pro and didn't have enough games to really see what it can do.

On another note, anyone here played the new Need For Speed? I know it didn't get many good reviews but it's on sale for $11.99 right now and I gotta use the free $10 I got from Sony. Can get it basically for free but I could spend it on something else too..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hoping for sub-$40 TitanFall 2 but I've got a feeling that this is going to be a super lame Black Friday for gaming.

$35 is instabuy territory.

I'm hoping for a refurbished or used PS4 deal. I want to pick up another PS4 for coop with my bro. Ebgames had a great refurbished deal a while ago but I passed on it.

RS4-

I'm hoping for a refurbished or used PS4 deal. I want to pick up another PS4 for coop with my bro. Ebgames had a great refurbished deal a while ago but I passed on it.

I'd sell you mine. I think I put in maybe 10 hours total since June. Too much Dota 2.

RS4-

All I want is a non seagate 4TB HDD. Or better yet, an HGST drive.

Maybe I'll just grab a 4k TV in the US. At least I can check the thing out myself.

Unless I find a good deal on like two 34" ultrawides.

RS4-

lttp with the Public Mobile deal, can someone explain to me. The RFD thread has like over 500 pages.

$120 every 3 months, 12 GBs over those 3 months. I don't remember what the details are for minutes, if its canada wide, text, etc.

Renew every 3 months, everything online. No storefronts or people in person if you've got any issues.

Vinc

Picked up Pokemon Moon from the post office with no issue today with FlexDelivery. Feels damn good not having to deal with Intelcom anymore! :D

etta

my hard graphic balls
Shit lol, I just realized how epic Red Dead Redemption 2, Spider-man, and God of War will look in 4K HDR.

Hnnnggggggg.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I think Spiderman will break me and then I go 4K.

2017 is gonna be so expensive tho ;_;

Xbox Scorpio, OLED iPhone, Nintendo Switch, all these epic games on top of that.
If I get a GTX 1070 this year, I will probably have to upgrade the rest of my PC from the current 2500K as well.

Fuck fuck fuck.

Do you have a video for that? or any comparisons pic?

I think Sony released all their E3 demos in 4K, on YouTube though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom