• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I had Watch Dogs 2 and Battlefield 1 reserved at Shoppers until I realized they didnt give me a 20x coupon when I need it for once.

I aint paying $50 without any bonus points. Screw that Ill wait till theyre $20 each.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You'll be waiting a long time for that...

I can wait. Im never even gonna play BF1 when I have Overwatch for my online fix.

Sometimes you get so caught up in trying to get a good deal that you forget you dont even really need or want the item.

I know thats why we're all here but something to keep in mind this Black Friday, especially when our sale prices are a joke compared to down south.

Lexxism

For those who did the trade on EB games for PS4 Pro. What package did you got on your PS4?

This one?
empty-playstation-4-ps4-white-replacement-box-no-console-sony-38b56ea7e69b028bc446fd9d1d02c29c.jpg
OR this?

I got the former.
I think Sony released all their E3 demos in 4K, on YouTube though.
Ah, I didn't know this. Will check later.

Bronetta

For those who did the trade on EB games for PS4 Pro. What package did you got on your PS4?

This one?
OR this?

I got the former.

I got the latter, the one with the CoD ad. Its just a sleeve though when you take it off theres a white box which says PS4 Pro similar to the first pic but that doesnt say Pro.

lttp with the Public Mobile deal, can someone explain to me. The RFD thread has like over 500 pages.

Don't worry, honestly just read the first post in the RFD thread. It'll take like 10 minutes and it's really helpful. I read through it on a Saturday morning for a few minutes, and got signed up right after that, no problems.

Biff

Don't worry, honestly just read the first post in the RFD thread. It'll take like 10 minutes and it's really helpful. I read through it on a Saturday morning for a few minutes, and got signed up right after that, no problems.

Well, I mean, StoneHeart kinda should be worried if they don't already have a Public Mobile sim card in hand.

The promo ends tomorrow and there are no in-person kiosks anymore!

baconcow

This one?
OR this?

I got the former.

All PS4 Pro consoles come in a sealed box as per your second image. If you only received a white box, they sold you an unsealed, used-condition PS4 Pro.

Lexxism

All PS4 Pro consoles come in a sealed box as per your second image. If you only received a white box, they sold you an unsealed, used-condition PS4 Pro.
Dammit. I got the white box only. Ugh. I don't know if I should bother coming to the store or not.

baconcow

Dammit. I got the white box only. Ugh. I don't know if I should bother coming to the store or not.

I just went and pulled out my PS4 Pro; the white box should say Pro on it. I will upload a picture, shortly.

Edit: Seems you have the correct box. Still, it was sold unsealed and, therefore, not in new condition.

Lexxism

I just went and pulled out my PS4 Pro; the white box should say Pro on it. I will upload a picture, shortly.
Yeah, its pro on my box too. I made a mistake on that one. My bad. Geez, no wonder why I was thinking it looked different when I got it. I don't plan on returning this one anyway since it's really quiet compared to my OG.

stn

I'm debating to get Witcher 3 on the Black Friday XBL sale. Thing is, I prefer disc for the purpose of my collection. Should I wait for Canada's Black Friday on the 25th?

I'm debating to get Witcher 3 on the Black Friday XBL sale. Thing is, I prefer disc for the purpose of my collection. Should I wait for Canada's Black Friday on the 25th?
Personally I'd rather have it on ps4 so I'm waiting till next week.

Fularu

Banned
All I want is a non seagate 4TB HDD. Or better yet, an HGST drive.

Maybe I'll just grab a 4k TV in the US. At least I can check the thing out myself.

Unless I find a good deal on like two 34" ultrawides.

4TB Seagate drives are fine and aren't any worse than WD these days.

Wasp14

This one?
OR this?

I got the former.

I received the former, however it was because the EB Games I went to didn't have any display boxes and pulled it off for one. The sales associate assured me that it was brand new (I checked and it was, nothing had been touched or moved). I'm usually pretty particular about stuff like that but it was the last one available and it was brand new inside so I took it.

big_z

This one?
OR this?

I got the former.

Inspect everything closely and check for finger smudges. Could be a returned unit due to noise or something else. Either way you shouldn't be paying full price for a unsealed ps4.

Lexxism

Inspect everything closely and check for finger smudges. Could be a returned unit due to noise or something else. Either way you shouldn't be paying full price for a unsealed ps4.
Everything is okay. No sign it was opened or any smudges and, everything was placed correctly. I'm just disappointed about the packaging since you're not 100% sure that it was brand new.

Yasumi

Banned
Any indication of Pokemon going on sale around Black Friday? Any historical precedence?
Costco had it with a $5 eshop card and digital code for Super Mario Bros for $47.99. Probably the most on-sale it'll be for a while, other than Amazon Prime.

Aske

Sorry if I missed it, but I've never shopped with B&H - is their current massive sale on Samsungs likely to be bettered on Black Friday, or should I be jumping on a KS8000 right now if I'm going to get one? Are returns easy for Canadians?

Also SquareTrade warranties - good? They sound like a solid deal; but I've never had a TV die on me. Do they have a frequent enough fail rate that I should spring for the four years coverage?

Lexxism

Sorry if I missed it, but I've never shopped with B&H - is their current massive sale on Samsungs likely to be bettered on Black Friday, or should I be jumping on a KS8000 right now if I'm going to get one? Are returns easy for Canadians?

Also SquareTrade warranties - good? They sound like a solid deal; but I've never had a TV die on me. Do they have a frequent enough fail rate that I should spring for the four years coverage?
You have 48 hours upon receiving to check if there's any damage on the item. Give them a call and they will help you ship it back for free. On Square Trade. Based on what I read, you will have to bring it to a local repair shop to repair and have square trade to reimburse you the cost. If they can't somehow fix it, they will refund you the amount you paid. No return or exchange.

As for the prices, I really doubt any Canadian retailers will be able to match the $1700 all-in for 55" or $2700 all-in for 65". From what I read, the 65" will be $2700+tax this coming Black Friday. The store also offer price protection that can be used during Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

PS. This is what I gathered based on what I read. It's up to you if this is worth or not. Or try contacting them to know more about it. And manufacturer warranty doesn't work in Canada btw.

farisr

So now that all's said and done, and it's official, I can now say I spent a total of about $285 out of pocket on:

PS4 Pro + 2TB SSHD
PSVR launch bundle

All due to things working out in certain ways.

Thanks to my brother and friends backing out on PSVR preorders I made for them last minute, and managing to get the 10% off promotion from best buy on all of them, I ended up making a straight up profit of $400 from those alone once I sold them on kijiji on release day (On average, it cost the buyers $60 more than the regular price + tax)

Sold my PS4 for $300 on kijiji. Sold my 1TB SSHD ~$45 (net amount after amazon fees + shipping). Traded in a few games + an old and almost broken phone to best buy for $245. Almost traded a game into best buy without realizing it was now a collector's item, sold it on ebay for a ~$112 after fees+shipping.

Got $60 worth of reward zone certificates thanks to the psvr purchases which I just got applied towards my existing ps4 pro purchase today when I was in store.

This is why I'll always try to buy physical when possible.

Aske

You have 48 hours upon receiving to check if there's any damage on the item. Give them a call and they will help you ship it back for free. On Square Trade. Based on what I read, you will have to bring it to a local repair shop to repair and have square trade to reimburse you the cost. If they can't somehow fix it, they will refund you the amount you paid. No return or exchange.

As for the prices, I really doubt any Canadian retailers will be able to match the $1700 all-in for 55" or $2700 all-in for 65". From what I read, the 65" will be $2700+tax this coming Black Friday. The store also offer price protection that can be used during Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

PS. This is what I gathered based on what I read. It's up to you if this is worth or not. Or try contacting them to know more about it. And manufacturer warranty doesn't work in Canada btw.

Really useful, thank you. Right now the 65" is $2500 CAD all in if I don't bother with a warranty. Seems absurd to buy before Black Friday, and I wasn't planning to jump on a new TV right now, but...That's an absurd deal.

So now that all's said and done, and it's official, I can now say I spent a total of about $285 out of pocket on:

PS4 Pro + 2TB SSHD
PSVR launch bundle

All due to things working out in certain ways.

Thanks to my brother and friends backing out on PSVR preorders I made for them last minute, and managing to get the 10% off promotion from best buy on all of them, I ended up making a straight up profit of $400 from those alone once I sold them on kijiji on release day (On average, it cost the buyers $60 more than the regular price + tax)

Sold my PS4 for $300 on kijiji. Sold my 1TB SSHD ~$45 (net amount after amazon fees + shipping). Traded in a few games + an old and almost broken phone to best buy for $245. Almost traded a game into best buy without realizing it was now a collector's item, sold it on ebay for a ~$112 after fees+shipping.

Got $60 worth of reward zone certificates thanks to the psvr purchases which I just got applied towards my existing ps4 pro purchase today when I was in store.

This is why I'll always try to buy physical when possible.

Apparently you sold the PSVR units to a couple of complete morons since there was plenty of stock in stores...

farisr

Apparently you sold the PSVR units to a couple of complete morons since there was plenty of stock in stores...
Wouldn't necessarily say that. Launch bundles were pretty much always out of stock around here. Paying $60 extra for those was a better deal than getting a standalone headset + camera + two move controllers + PSVR Worlds. Buying all those individually costs $909.65. They (on average) got it for about $850 each.

Haines

Banned
I might grab a psn game on sale next week..probably it for me.

Want an S but I think there will be much better sales on it.

chaosaeon

Haven't bought a regular game at release in so long I didn't know what had happened to prices. So games are $80 now, haha wow, nah no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom