• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Games trade-in value towards Switch console, accessories and controllers.

Xbox One
Skylanders Swap force - 6.3
Assassin's Creed IV - 6.30
Assassin's Creed Unity - 8.40
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 10.50
Sunset Overdrive - 8.00
Thief - 6.00
Witcher 3 - 26.00
Mafia 3 - 40.00
Far Cry 4 - 12.00
Murdered Soul Suspect - 6.00
Shape up - 8.00
Halo 4 - 12
Gears of War 4 - 46
Titanfall 2 - 48

WiiU
Star Fox - 56
Zelda: Twilight Princess - 54
Pokken Tournament - $50
Division – 14
Chronicles X - 54
Hyrule Warriors - 48
Splatoon - 56
Wooly World - 26
Lego Movie Game - 10
New Super Luigi U - 16
Nintendo Land -18
Mario 3D world -18
New Super MARIO U - 25
Minecraft - 14
Mario Maker: 56
Lego City Undercover - 14
Super Smash Bros - 50
The Smurfs 2 - 7.00
Super Luigi U - 8
Wonderful 101 - 8

PS4
Bioshock Collection - 50
Rise of The Tomb Taider - 48
Valkyria Chronicles Remaster - 28
FFXV - 56
Fallout 4 – 14
Uncharted 4 - 48
Overwatch - 48
Skyrim - 50
Uncharted Collection -14
Infamous Second Son -12
Last Guardian - 60
Mafia III - 40
World of Final Fantasy - 52
Until Dawn - 18

3DS
FE: Awakening- 28
Majora's Mask- 26
Pokemon X - 28
Pokemon Y - 14
Triforce Heroes - 34
M&L Dream Team - 24
Kirby Triple Deluxe - 28
Kingdom Hearts 3D DDD - 20
Monster Hunter 4 - 22
SMT4 - 8
Pokemon Rumble Blast - 14
SMT Apocalypse - 34
Pokemon Sun or Moon - 30

I can add a couple more to the 3DS list, which I just checked today

Animal Crossing HHD - 12 (24)
Super Mario 3D Land - 11 (22)

Animal Crossing New Leaf - 6 (12)
Mario Tennis Open - 7 (14)
Theatrhythm FF - 5 (10)

with the first two obviously it's better to put it toward a game to get 26.67

killroy87

I'm debating between a pro controller and another set of joycons and a grip. Joycons are obviously more expensive, but would have me covered for four player multiplayer for MK, Bomberman, and Puyo Puyo.

Pro controller on the other hand seems to be...A better designed controller (though the impressions for joycons in grip have been surprisingly positive)

zroid

Banned
I don't normally trade in games but I have to admit when I can get more value for them than I paid in the first place (thanks to E3 deals) it's way more tempting :lol

like I can always re-buy this shit down the road anyway. Digitally if necessary.

If I can get almost $60 for Star Fox Zero and keep my copy of Star Fox Guard too it feels like a no-brainer

tiijj

I'm debating between a pro controller and another set of joycons and a grip. Joycons are obviously more expensive, but would have me covered for four player multiplayer for MK, Bomberman, and Puyo Puyo.

Pro controller on the other hand seems to be...A better designed controller (though the impressions for joycons in grip have been surprisingly positive)

The joy-con buttons seems a little bit smaller than the buttons on the 3DS.

Lexxism

Huge thanks for the TIV list!
Going to EB tomorrow to offload some holiday 2016 games.
If there are any $8 on the games you are going to trade, you better use the promo "Trade 3 Get a Nintendo Switch game FREE!" instead. You will get more value on the $8 ($26.67) than the 2X promo.

zroid

Banned
BTW I think someone mentioned that if you can't get a Switch pre-order from EB right now, you can trade your stuff toward something different (like Switch games), and then transfer the credit to the console when it's available?

Is that true?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't normally trade in games but I have to admit when I can get more value for them than I paid in the first place (thanks to E3 deals) it's way more tempting :lol

like I can always re-buy this shit down the road anyway. Digitally if necessary.

If I can get almost $60 for Star Fox Zero and keep my copy of Star Fox Guard too it feels like a no-brainer

I'm in the same boat. I rarely ever trade anything in anymore. It's seldom worth it for me.This is way too good though.

Looking at the list, I think it'll be Triforce Heroes, Pokken Tournament, Star Fox,
Hyrule Warriors. I have HW on 3DS, Triforce Heroes and Star Fox were just.. not for me.. and I am hopeful for a Switch version of Pokken.

Lexxism

BTW I think someone mentioned that if you can't get a Switch pre-order from EB right now, you can trade your stuff toward something different (like Switch games), and then transfer the credit to the console when it's available?

Is that true?
I always do this on pre-order games but I think this will work on consoles too.

DVCY201

Called 4 EBGames, all sold out. Like, wtf. Calgary by the way. Can't do the trade in

Apparently $400 is not as much of a deterrent as I thought

eyesradar

Yeah totally.

Kinda happy FFXV, WD2 and BF1 still worth more than what I've paid.
I'll just re-buy them later.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Is that true?
Yes, you can. I was given that option but none of the promos would be valid for it since it's not the Switch I'd be preordering.

Proc

Do we know either way if the special edition of Zelda is coming to Canada yet? I wouldn't mind paying a $30 premium for that switch case.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Called 4 EBGames, all sold out. Like, wtf. Calgary by the way. Can't do the trade in

Apparently $400 is not as much of a deterrent as I thought
Each of those stores are probably getting less than a dozen. You don't think there are more than 50 people with more money than brains?

While you guys are ordering Switches, I'm tempted to get a Wii U. But where the F have they gone?
Your best bet is Kijiji or the like. They're starting to show up a lot on there.

Do we know either way if the special edition of Zelda is coming to Canada yet? I wouldn't mind paying a $30 premium for that switch case.
Best Buy said they would have the SE. They didn't say when though.

$400 + $80 + $90 + tax... Screw those joycons. Yeah no thanks Nintendo. My god those prices are absolutely outrageous. You can get a PS4 Slim with 2 new games or a PS4 Pro with a new game instead for cheaper...

DVCY201

Each of those stores are probably getting less than a dozen. You don't think there are more than 50 people with more money than brains?

Yup. Going to have to do this the old fashion way, Kijiji all my games

Or put it towards Switch Accessories, that's a good idea

zroid

Banned
Yes, you can. I was given that option but none of the promos would be valid for it since it's not the Switch I'd be preordering.

That's interesting, but doesn't seem right? The 2x trade promo specifically says it's valid toward hardware, software, and accessories. No?

3a9459f564de4daa839232f2bbbbf3d9.png

Sometimes these Eb employees honestly don't know what they're talking about. Just today I was asking about the trade 3 to get Zelda free, and they told me you HAVE TO trade 3 games. Even though the promo states you can just trade 1 or 2 and get $26.67 for each. They checked after I mentioned it and realized I was right.

iphys

While you guys are ordering Switches, I'm tempted to get a Wii U. But where the F have they gone?

Nintendo called them all back in around x-mas, so you can't buy them anymore at retail as far as I know. Refurbs are $260 at the Nintendo Online store or $280 with Mario 3D World if you want to get the closest thing to a new one (they probably actually are the new ones that were never sold).

Kiro

Do you guys think I'll be able to get good deals on Switch and games around E3/Holidays 2018? Knowing how Nintendo games never decrease in price, I'm wondering if I pick up the Switch 2 years late if games like Arms will have increased in price.

I just can't decide if I should get the Switch. The system looks amazing, and the line-up will come. But if I wait I could get it cheaper, but will I actually get it cheaper?

Plus, Sony's line-up after Q2 2017 doesn't really look strong (yet).

I have been flipping back and forth on this Switch thing like 30 times the past few days. Ugh.

diaspora

Your best bet is Kijiji or the like. They're starting to show up a lot on there.

Best Buy said they would have the SE. They didn't say when though.
lol the EB games at Eaton's got like 400.

De_Legend

Banned
$400 + $80 + $90 + tax... Screw those joycons. Yeah no thanks Nintendo. My god those prices are absolutely outrageous. You can get a PS4 Slim with 2 new games or a PS4 Pro with a new game instead for cheaper...

Yep, this is crazy.

At 300$ maybe, wouldn't be surprised if the price drops fast.

De_Legend

Banned
Do you guys think I'll be able to get good deals on Switch and games around E3/Holidays 2018? Knowing how Nintendo games never decrease in price, I'm wondering if I pick up the Switch 2 years late if games like Arms will have increased in price.

I just can't decide if I should get the Switch. The system looks amazing, and the line-up will come. But if I wait I could get it cheaper, but will I actually get it cheaper?

I have been flipping back and forth on this Switch thing like 30 times the past few days. Ugh.

Of course, if you got a Wii U just wait anyway, if you're interested in Zelda of course.

Fuzzy

I can see Nintendo short shipping physical Switch games to push people to buy digital even more than before.

Ventara

If you're willing to wait. It will get cheaper, both the system and games. Sure, there are gonna be those few games that go up in price, but overall you'll definitely be saving money if you bu it down the line as to at launch. I've got no evidence to back it up, but I'm 95% sure of this.

Kiro

I just read all 3 of your responses, and they are conflicting haha.

I have a WiiU and the 35$ ZeldaU Preorder. I guess I'll wait...

iphys

Trouble is you really need a D-pad to play games like Puyo Puyo Tetris, so realistically you probably need a pair of Joy Con for each player to have enough buttons for directional buttons and rotation. I'm not even sure how well those directional buttons will work, which might necessitate the Pro controller for a proper D-pad. There is also going to be a Hori Pro controller that's about half the price and has some weird D-pad disc thing that you can remove to have the 4 separate buttons or a D-pad, but who knows how good the D-pad will be in that case and the controller is wired so it can only be used with the dock, sigh.

De_Legend

Banned
I just read all 3 of your responses, and they are conflicting haha.

I have a WiiU and the 35$ ZeldaU Preorder. I guess I'll wait...

Best decision for now imo.

I'll do the same, maybe even holidays 2017 could be good price wise, with Mario etc. Wait and see.

Moltenix

For those whose stores are out of preorders for the actual Switch console, I think you'd still be able to trade towards games or accessories for the Double Credit promo.

For games valued between $8-13, trade towards a Switch game to have the "Trade 3 Get it Free" applied. That's $26.67 per game. That's slightly better value than the Double Credits.

The trick is to preorder games that are further away from release (i.e. not BotW), you can change your preorders from the game towards an actual Switch once they have them in stock. So if you don't mind not having the Switch day 1 and just wanna take advantage of these promos, just trade towards games and swap them towards the system once they get stock after the release hype wears off.

Oh, and if your store tells you the promo is over because the Switch is sold out of preorders or that you can't trade towards games, tell them to read their own damn fine print.

kurahadol

So they didn't have Switch any pre-orders left at my location but I traded in a few games to get the double value and put it on random switch stuff. If for some reason my location doesn't get any more pre-orders allocated to them, will they let me cancel those pre-orders and use the credit on other things (say like Mass Effect on PS4?).

Fuzzy

So I guess we aren't getting the Zelda special edition?
Best Buy Canada will have the Special Edition, but we will NOT be getting the Master Edition.

As of now, the exact dates for when the Special Edition will be available for pre-order is TBD. I won't be getting that info for at least a couple weeks. I will post on this thread once the gaming department confirms some dates. Smiley Happy
http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-...and-Special/td-p/170040/highlight/true/page/2

If you want the ME then you're already out of luck. It's EB exclusive in Canada and it's already sold out. It also sold out at Amazon and GameStop in the US and Target and Walmart aren't getting it. Target will be getting the SE and if you use the code CANADASHIP you'll save $20.

Moltenix

So they didn't have Switch any pre-orders left at my location but I traded in a few games to get the double value and put it on random switch stuff. If for some reason my location doesn't get any more pre-orders allocated to them, will they let me cancel those pre-orders and use the credit on other things (say like Mass Effect on PS4?).

See my post above, you can definitely do that. I don't think they really care because once you trade your stuff in, those credits are tied to their stores so you'll have to buy something from them anyway. Obviously, they don't go advertising this but it's definitely doable.

e.g. If you want like a PS4 game in the coming months, preorder some random Switch game like MK8D. Then when the PS4 game comes out, go in tell them you wanna cancel MK8D and buy the PS4 game with the credit.

Kade

Anyone able to find the Breath of the Wild Special Editions anywhere? I've been looking online and calling around but most places only have the standard edition and the Master Edition and I don't care about the statue. I see them on US sites/stores but nothing on Canadian stores.

EDIT: I should have read the thread and looked above!

DVCY201

For those whose stores are out of preorders for the actual Switch console, I think you'd still be able to trade towards games or accessories for the Double Credit promo.

For games valued between $8-13, trade towards a Switch game to have the "Trade 3 Get it Free" applied. That's $26.67 per game. That's slightly better value than the Double Credits.

The trick is to preorder games that are further away from release (i.e. not BotW), you can change your preorders from the game towards an actual Switch once they have them in stock. So if you don't mind not having the Switch day 1 and just wanna take advantage of these promos, just trade towards games and swap them towards the system once they get stock after the release hype wears off.

Oh, and if your store tells you the promo is over because the Switch is sold out of preorders or that you can't trade towards games, tell them to read their own damn fine print.

I think I'll be doing this. Thank you for laying it out so clearly

Lizardus

Anyone able to find the Breath of the Wild Special Editions anywhere? I've been looking online and calling around but most places only have the standard edition and the Master Edition and I don't care about the statue. I see them on US sites/stores but nothing on Canadian stores.

Who has Master Edition?

kurahadol

See my post above, you can definitely do that. I don't think they really care because once you trade your stuff in, those credits are tied to their stores so you'll have to buy something from them anyway. Obviously, they don't go advertising this but it's definitely doable.

e.g. If you want like a PS4 game in the coming months, preorder some random Switch game like MK8D. Then when the PS4 game comes out, go in tell them you wanna cancel MK8D and buy the PS4 game with the credit.
Good to know, thanks!

I'd like to do the switch pre-order because it lets me get some kind of value for the Wii U that has been sitting in a bin for the last year. Essentially get the Switch for nothing after trading in the system, some accessories, and 5 games.

Hopefully the store gets more pre-orders given to them, hard to believe they "sold out" of them.

zroid

Banned
Target will be getting the SE and if you use the code CANADASHIP you'll save $20.

So how does this work exactly? Does it ship for free with that promo code or...?

Also considering the ME price in Canada was way more than it should've been at the current exchange rate, perhaps ordering it in US dollars will save even more

Moltenix

Good to know, thanks!

I'd like to do the switch pre-order because it lets me get some kind of value for the Wii U that has been sitting in a bin for the last year. Essentially get the Switch for nothing after trading in the system, some accessories, and 5 games.

Hopefully the store gets more pre-orders given to them, hard to believe they "sold out" of them.

I think the Wii U specifically has to be traded in towards the Switch console for the $150 credit promo to work. Trading games towards games is fine though.

Good luck!

kurahadol

Yeah it does, that's why I'm hoping the pre-orders open back up for the Switch. Store I went to ran out of pre-orders some time yesterday, guess that's what I get for telling myself Sunday will be fine.

Lexxism

3a9459f564de4daa839232f2bbbbf3d9.png

Sometimes these Eb employees honestly don't know what they're talking about. Just today I was asking about the trade 3 to get Zelda free, and they told me you HAVE TO trade 3 games. Even though the promo states you can just trade 1 or 2 and get $26.67 for each. They checked after I mentioned it and realized I was right.
Upon checking my receipt, I got 3 games that will meet this trade 3 games and I'm currently losing $20 credit on it. I don't know if I even want to go back and get this $20.

edit: Ops. Sorry for double post.

Ventara

So, can I like place an order for Mario Odyssey, go in next week and say I want to cancel it and buy a used copy of The Last Guardian?

zroid

Banned
I know it's a hassle but at the very least I think you should be able to get more than $150 if you sell your Wii U privately. So there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom