• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickBoy

I'm not super worried about getting additional controllers at launch, because essentially what you get is "two" controllers. But I do want to get a pair of the coloured ones for my kids.

After taking advantage of some of the trade-in stuff at EB, I'm pretty much locked in for Mar. 3. I already had a bunch saved for the system so the system and game won't cost me anything out of pocket. That makes the price a little easier to swallow.

Ryde3

Hey I just got my PSN 10$, but it expires today! Did that mean I had to redeem the voucher by the 15th or that I have to spend the 10$ by the 15th?

Sealtest

So how does the free shipping with prime work now?

I used my American trial when I ordered my master edition order and I'm wondering if I'll have to pay for the shipping when the trail expires. I know I'll lose the prime savings on the item just looking to know about shipping.

$45.. was that always the Canadian MSRP? Not that I'd ever buy this.. but yikes. That removes it completely from any sort of impulse buy.

$41.68 was what it was once listed for on amazon.ca. Or atleast that's the price I locked my order in at at the time. But camelcamelcamel has it listed at $44.99. So yeah...that's been it's price. Never kept the one I ordered. By the time it came in, the fad had died.

missed_zpsxmgu0feu.jpg

Moltenix

Hey I just got my PSN 10$, but it expires today! Did that mean I had to redeem the voucher by the 15th or that I have to spend the 10$ by the 15th?

Speaking of this, did anyone else get a second notification for $10? I got and redeemed a free $10 in December but there's also one this month in my PS4 notifications but the voucher code is the exact same as the one from December so I can't actually redeem it.

SickBoy

Speaking of this, did anyone else get a second notification for $10? I got and redeemed a free $10 in December but there's also one this month in my PS4 notifications but the voucher code is the exact same as the one from December so I can't actually redeem it.

I did. It was an exciting moment followed by mild disappointment. Really, I was just happy to get the code the first time around. It happened for me a fair bit later than it did for others who got their Pros around the same time I did.

Moltenix

I did. It was an exciting moment followed by mild disappointment. Really, I was just happy to get the code the first time around. It happened for me a fair bit later than it did for others who got their Pros around the same time I did.

Aww, alrighty. I was so excited when I saw it too.

killroy87

Alright, here's my trade haul so far (values are after the double promo);

Mario Kart 8: 50
AC: Happy Home Designer: 24
Forza Horizon 2: 24
Madden 17: 52
NHL 17: 56
Dragon Quest Heroes: 10
Mafia 3: 40
Halo 5: 12
Trackmania Turbo: 14
Star Fox Zero: 56
Total: 338

I got;
Red/Blue Joycons - 100
Joycon Charge Grip - 40
Zelda - 80
Puyo Puyo - 55
Has Been Heroes - 30
AC Adapter - 40

Had to pay $7. Not too bad. I was on the fence about Has Been Heroes, but they weren't preordering Bomberman or MK8 yet, so whatever. The physical edition of that is exclusive to EB, so I have a feeling it will be hard to find at some point.

All in all, this deal is fucking incredible. I wish EB had more stuff for preorder, as if I could preorder the Pro Controller, Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 right not than I'd really unload some games. The deal goes until Jan 29, so hopefully they add some. But I have a feeling they're intentionally not adding some games for preorder until after the promo to explicitly discourage people getting games like Mario for so cheap. Hopefully at least ARMS and MK8 show up.

I got;
Red/Blue Joycons - 100
Joycon Charge Grip - 40
Zelda - 80
Puyo Puyo - 55
Has Been Heroes - 30
AC Adapter - 40

Had to pay $7. Not too bad. I was on the fence about Has Been Heroes, but they weren't preordering Bomberman or MK8 yet, so whatever. The physical edition of that is exclusive to EB, so I have a feeling it will be hard to find at some point.

All in all, this deal is fucking incredible. I wish EB had more stuff for preorder, as if I could preorder the Pro Controller, Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 right not than I'd really unload some games. The deal goes until Jan 29, so hopefully they add some. But I have a feeling they're intentionally not adding some games for preorder until after the promo to explicitly discourage people getting games like Mario for so cheap. Hopefully at least ARMS and MK8 show up.

What a great haul! Those sports games...omg $50+ each...and starfox too, garbage in, diamonds out! So awesome.

I don't think it's intentional. Their basic business is locking in preorders. They're leaving a ton of dough on the table by not having those games ready for preorder...my guess is by midweek we'll see more added.

I got;
Red/Blue Joycons - 100
Joycon Charge Grip - 40
Zelda - 80
Puyo Puyo - 55
Has Been Heroes - 30
AC Adapter - 40

awesome

killroy87

I'd recommend for anyone getting a Switch to not look over getting an extra AC adapter. If you think you'll be using its portability at all, you won't want to unplug the cord from behind the TV every time.

Sora_N

I'd recommend for anyone getting a Switch to not look over getting an extra AC adapter. If you think you'll be using its portability at all, you won't want to unplug the cord from behind the TV every time.

It charges by USB C right? Can't I just buy a cable from monoprice?

Luigi87

I was thinking of at least getting one of those Anker 26000 portable batteries.

killroy87

It charges by USB C right? Can't I just buy a cable from monoprice?

I would assume so? Still, you'd be stuck to using whichever USB port is lying around, which generally don't give off the same amount of power as a main AC adapter. My Google Pixel takes wayyyyy longer to charge when connected to my computer than to the included AC adapter.

Renewed

Yeah my current powerbank is 5000mAh so I could only get one charge out of it for the Switch. Might have to look into other options.

SickBoy

I saw on RFD someone tried to trade in Star Fox Guard and they wouldn't take it... did you try to trade yours in or did they take it as a package?

killroy87

I saw on RFD someone tried to trade in Star Fox Guard and they wouldn't take it... did you try to trade yours in or did they take it as a package?

Yeah, that was weird. I gave her both (in the cardboard box), and as I was leaving I was looking at the receipt and saw it wasn't on there. I went back and asked if Guard counted as a separate game, and she said "no, it was a preorder bonus so we don't give credit for it, do you want it back?"

I just thought to myself "ummm, yeah?" Don't just take my shit without telling me lol. So not I have a copy of Guard that I'll almost certainly never touch, but that's fine.

mdubs

Banned
Yeah, that was weird. I gave her both (in the cardboard box), and as I was leaving I was looking at the receipt and saw it wasn't on there. I went back and asked if Guard counted as a separate game, and she said "no, it was a preorder bonus so we don't give credit for it, do you want it back?"

I just thought to myself "ummm, yeah?" Don't just take my shit without telling me lol. So not I have a copy of Guard that I'll almost certainly never touch, but that's fine.

That's pretty skeevy of them

iphys

I'm still hesitant to trade in MK8, because I'm not sure the DLC on the Wii U will transfer over to the Deluxe version, and also I'm not sure if I'll want to pay for the Nintendo online on Switch.

CRA5H

Switch Upgrade promo runs till late Feb.
Switch preorders sell out on day 1.
Stuck with my wii u with almost no games because of the double up promo.

Kijiji here I come.

trixx

$50 for Mario Kart 8? As soon as MK8 Deluxe is available I will trade towards that.

deluxe has 2 items and battle mode. I think it's worth it if you want mario kart on the go and really like battle mode. I don't want to trade my copy in because I would rather play with my gamepad and pro controller for multiplayer.

At the same time if they decide to cancel wii u online play pretty much my splatoon and mario kart gets gimped massively... They need to come out and say something about the future of wii u and it's online service.

Also is there a smash for switch? Will it be able to use gamecube adapter? Gamble trading stuff in. Definitely trading in Wind Waker though, bad Zelda game. Splatoon legit becomes a coaster w/o online.

I didn't realize ebgames wasn't taking Mario Kart preorders yet. Is there a reason for that?

I was going to trade towards that and Arms tomorrow after work but I guess I'll have to wait.

centracore

I was thinking of at least getting one of those Anker 26000 portable batteries.

Yeah my current powerbank is 5000mAh so I could only get one charge out of it for the Switch. Might have to look into other options.

Amazon has the Jackery Titan S 20100mAh battery pack on lightning deal for the next 3 hours bringing the price down to $47.19. It's nice that you can charge it via USB-C as well so you won't need a bunch of different cables if you're planning on using this with your Switch.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01CO8LCP2/

MarkusRJR

Man, is Binding of Isaac for Switch really $55 dollars? What the hell is with that pricing? It was the only launch window title apart from Zelda and Arms I was interested in.

Man, is Binding of Isaac for Switch really $55 dollars? What the hell is with that pricing? It was the only launch window title apart from Zelda and Arms I was interested in.

40 USD = 52.92 CAD at the moment. Looks like we're getting screwed by $2.08.

Wait how much is the game on digital? Isn't it like $20?

Sora_N

Eh I tried really hard to play Star Fox and finish it today, but I absolutely hate it. I think I'm gonna go trade it in tomorrow after work.

It's not even worth my time to try to get through it when I can get back what I paid basically.

Eh I tried really hard to play Star Fox and finish it today, but I absolutely hate it. I think I'm gonna go trade it in tomorrow after work.

It's not even worth my time to try to get through it when I can get back what I paid basically.

Just out of curiosity, why are most people so negative on the game?

I grabbed it at launch but never tried it until today, but I've been enjoying it apart from some wonky controls and cruel stages. For the record, the only other Star Fox game I've played was 64 3D.

Sora_N

Just out of curiosity, why are most people so negative on the game?

I grabbed it at launch but never tried it until today, but I've been enjoying it apart from some wonky controls and cruel stages. For the record, the only other Star Fox game I've played was 64 3D.

I'm not a big SF fan, the only one I played was 3D also.

This game sucks because on top of fighting enemies, I have to fight the crappy controls. You can't play it normally too. I got through half but I can't stand it, and I don't want to lose trade in value. I already know the last boss will piss me off, and there won't be much story anyways. I don't have the time to play games I don't even like, EB gives me an easy way out since I get back what I paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom