• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

Well, I've just come to the decision that I'm now going to sell off games that I'm part way through and feel no urge to continue. Either they weren't good enough or just don't click with me, at least I'll be able to make some money back. Rather than leave it in limbo always saying "I'll get back to it and finish it someday" only to start it up and stop again within an hour.

I can't play Watch Dogs 2 anymore. I was about 5 hours in when I first stopped to start playing FFXV. I was enjoying the game for what it was at the time. When I came back to it, I just couldn't stand how the on-foot stuff felt after playing FFXV. Mix that with stuff that I liked about the first game not making a return in this one, and that was it for me. I started playing other games.

Me and a friend left our Gears 4 co-op playthrough hanging in the middle. He was a Gears junkie last gen and was really excited about playing (and I loved 1-3 as well, didn't play judgement). He even came over on weekdays right after work to play. Was fun at first, but the excitement drizzled off as we kept playing and we stopped playing in act 3. I tried tonight to continue playing it alone or with a random online, but after an hour that was it for me. I had to stop, I was not actually having any fun.

So yeah, I'm no longer keeping games just for the sake of finishing them before selling anymore, if a game doesn't capture or hold my attention after I've started playing it, it's getting sold right away.

tiijj

So the physical version is exclusive to eb games? And it's limited? Where was this announced?

The limited edition physical versions (PlayStation®4, Xbox One™) will feature everything included in the standard digital release, plus updated cover art and an exclusive comic featuring original art from Marvel's own Sean Chen and Gerardo Sandoval. The all-new comic book is a must-have for collectors and fans of the series and tells the story of two colliding universes featuring some of the most iconic Marvel and Capcom characters in its 10 full pages of action packed story. To secure your copy of this limited release you can preorder now at GameStop and EB Games.

Oh hey...straight off of Gamestop's website.

"Limited Retail Version: The limited edition physical versions will feature everything included in the standard digital release, plus updated cover art and an exclusive comic featuring breathtaking original art from Marvel artists Sean Chen and Gerardo Sandoval. The all-new comic book tells the story of two colliding universes featuring some of the most iconic Marvel and Capcom characters in its 10 full pages of action-packed story."

Well that sucks. Doesn't fall within my purchase of my flow chart. Don't suspect it'll last long enough to go on sale. Dammit...I may need to adjust the chart.

Has anyone seen this Switch case available for sale in or shipping to Canada?

PDP Premium console case Amazon (US)

A1WXfLAocbL._SX385_.jpg

It's by far the best looking one I've found, but can't find one for sale in Canada.

Maximus.

I don't know if Canadian Best Buy can eat the costs. Honestly, I'm just waiting for the day we hear BB in Canada is shutting down.

Why so we have even less options to buy electronics and media? It would really suck if Best Buy closed. The company has its issues for sure, but the more competition and options, the better for consumers.

killroy87

Why so we have even less options to buy electronics and media? It would really suck if Best Buy closed. The company has its issues for sure, but the more competition and options, the better for consumers.

Lol settle. I don't say it out of glee, I say it out of every location being completely fucking dead when I go in :p

Lexxism

Also Hori Accessories are now in EB's system and you can preorder them in store. They told me that the wired controller is $40, a huge savings vs the Pro controller.
Just in-store I guess? I don't see it online.

How about others like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 etc? Are they available now?

Classic "arriving today - not yet shipped"(and not yet charged) from amazon.

Have the same thing here. They really don't want to admit that an order will be late until the last possible moment.

FYI in the case of Gravity Rush they're now telling me it definitely wont come before Monday. They wont even commit to it shipping today.

hazukash

Best Buy still hasn't shipped my copy of DQVIII, yet the game is in stock. I lost faith in their ability to deliver games on launch day. :(

FYI Bestbuy has preorders up - just snagged the Switch and Zelda.

Question for you, if you don't mind. When you put in the payment info for your pre-order, did you have to enter that # on the back of your credit card? I didn't have to but I thought you need that # as part of the payment info

Just don't want my preorder cancelled in march becasuse I didn't put that security # in.

Lexxism

Question for you, if you don't mind. When you put in the payment info for your pre-order, did you have to enter that # on the back of your credit card? I didn't have to but I thought you need that # as part of the payment info

Just don't want my preorder cancelled in march becasuse I didn't put that security # in.
You should when you order. I think your case is changing the payment info once you ordered? If it doesn't work, just give them a call to help you.

What screen protector and carrying cases are you guys ordering?

Is this the go to for tempered glass thick screen protector?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N9RG3XS/

Glass is amazing for my iPhone, but I'm a little leery about it for the switch. Far less likely to drop the switch, versus a cell phone which goes in and out of pocket. And the quality of glass varies widely between brands.

Hori all the way. Used Hori plastic for DS, Vita, older iphones, always excellent.

Big Chungus

Anyone have any experience with gameaccess?

I started the trial on tuesday, added the 10 games to my queue but nothing has shipped out yet.

and the trial ends on the 28th.

So I purchased (preordered) Gravity Rush 2 from Best Buy since it was 59.99$ and 20x rewards points while Amazon was 79.99$-20% and it is actually out for delivery! Same with DQ8.

I am actually very impressed by this!

Luigi87

</headdesk>
I haven't played my PS4 in a bit, and I see I finally got the $10 voucher back in Jan 9th.
... It expired on Jan 15th.

Glass is amazing for my iPhone, but I'm a little leery about it for the switch. Far less likely to drop the switch, versus a cell phone which goes in and out of pocket. And the quality of glass varies widely between brands.

Hori all the way. Used Hori plastic for DS, Vita, older iphones, always excellent.

That's a good point, I do have two kids that are going to play so I better go with the thick glass myself.

Yesterday, I bought this case: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01MR63I6F/

Can't believe that's the only option so far, it looks so bare-bones the PDO want looks nice indeed.

Pdo one looks cool but I can not find it in amazon.

Probably not a deal for anybody but I'm looking to tell the copy of Yakuza 0 I bought yesterday. Played for about an hour. Want to go digital. It's the business edition so it comes with business cards and a card holder. I'm looking for $75 and can meet in Toronto (Yonge and Bloor preferable) this evening.

killroy87

Probably not a deal for anybody but I'm looking to tell the copy of Yakuza 0 I bought yesterday. Played for about an hour. Want to go digital. It's the business edition so it comes with business cards and a card holder. I'm looking for $75 and can meet in Toronto (Yonge and Bloor preferable) this evening.

Out of curiosity, why?

lilty

If any of you are looking to grab the official Nintendo carrying case for the Switch I'd consider going into your local store to preorder soon. I preordered one while picking up DQ8 today and my store was only getting 4 cases.

Gravity Rush PS4 physical version is like $150+ currently, I should have not waited for sale and imported when it was still at regular price, damn it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
PM'ed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom