• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
It isn't strange at all, they just want people to take advantage of the Switch trade in promotions for launch window games and that's it.

I wouldn't doubt they are holding back games coming out past the launch period because of this.

Can't people just not pick up their preorders and move it to other titles once they're in their system? That's what I plan to do, and the EB employee told me I could...

Sora_N

Decided to head to EBGames to pick up a copy of Gravity Rush 2 (since lol amazon), and nearly didn't get one since all their copies were pre-order only.

Luckily, one of the employees decided to give me his pre-order since he was cool with not playing it till next week.

I knew this would be a niche game, but I've never had something like this happen before. There's always been at least one or two copies on the shelf.

I feel like I should keep my 59.99 copy now.

I cancelled my GR2 order with amazon because fuck paying $80 for games, even with the 20% discount, especially when the game won't be shipping for who knows how long.

Will wait for a digital sale on it for now, and hope that RE7 comes within a reasonable timeframe.

It isn't strange at all, they just want people to take advantage of the Switch trade in promotions for launch window games and that's it.

I wouldn't doubt they are holding back games coming out past the launch period because of this.

The vast majority of launch window games aren't available yet though.

Holy shit, is Gravity Rush a limited release in Canada? That is insane. I'm honestly kinda kicking myself. I cancelled my preorder because I wouldn't have enough free time until my birthday and figured I'd just get it then. That suuuucks.

Ugh, between the GR1 remaster shenanigans and this, I really hate how Sony sends this series out to die.

joms5

f6c.jpg

https://www.ebgames.ca/WiiU/Games/725886/yarn-yoshi-poochy-amiibo

21.99?!!?

wtf? What happened to 15.99?

mdubs

Banned
I'm tempted to buy this game now because I want a physical copy despite planning to wait for a price drop, but I don't want to reward Sony for treating us this way

My local Shopper's Drug Mart apparently just stocked a small shipment of video games. They were locked behind a small glass case in the electronics section. A mix of PS3, PS4. Xbone, Wii, Wii U, and 3DS games, I believe.

The Nintendo console games got my attention, though. Almost all of them are first party titles and they are selling them at really good prices. Super Smash Bros. 4 and Splatoon(!!!) for $40. Pokemon XY and ORAS, Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros 2, and Luigi's Mansion 2 for $20. Best deal was Super Mario 3D Land for $15. That's not even all the games they had but they were the best games deals I remember on the top of my head.

I just got SM3DL and NSMB2 for 35 plus tax. Redeemed them during a Optimum points offer too. I'm waiting for a bigger Optimum points offer before getting the bigger games. This is fucking crazy. I don't think I ever seen new copies of Nintendo games at those prices.

Anyone live near a SDM that stocks games? They might be doing this in other locations. I live in Toronto btw.

krae_man

Anyone live near a SDM that stocks games? They might be doing this in other locations. I live in Toronto btw.

Mine does but the stock is random. They still had full priced PSP games. Then again, they might have scanned at a different price. I can never be bothered to ask a cashier "hey can you scan these 15 games to see what they ring up at?"

iphys

Shoppers has Splatoon advertised at $70 in their flyer, so probably still the normal price at most locations. Still that's hot if you can get it for $40 and 20x the points tomorrow and trade it in for $56 at EB, lol.

Shoppers has Splatoon advertised at $70 in their flyer, so probably still the normal price at most locations. Still that's hot if you can get it for $40 and 20x the points tomorrow and trade it in for $56 at EB, lol.

$56 in actual money? I might just do that if it wasn't the only copy in my location. Never got to play Splatoon.

Mine does but the stock is random. They still had full priced PSP games. Then again, they might have scanned at a different price. I can never be bothered to ask a cashier "hey can you scan these 15 games to see what they ring up at?"

The 2 games I got ringed up exactly what the sticker price was. Did I just hit the jackpot?

killroy87

The Yarn Yoshi Amiibos were $19.99, apparently they've gone up a couple bucks since. But there is a precedent for premium priced Amiibo.

joms5

That's ridiculous. Good lord. I'm glad I picked up like 8 or so amiibo for $10 each during that Boxing Week sale.

I won't be touching amiibo's till prices go down.

The Yarn Yoshi Amiibos were $19.99, apparently they've gone up a couple bucks since. But there is a precedent for premium priced Amiibo.

Their prices did eventually drop to normal levels though. You can find them everywhere now for 15.99. So is this just a price increase on a new item to take advantage of a spike in demand?

killroy87

Their prices did eventually drop to normal levels though. You can find them everywhere now for 15.99. So is this just a price increase on a new item to take advantage of a spike in demand?

I honestly don't have an answer, I'm not Nintendo haha. Just trying to help :p

X-Factor

I received Gravity Rush 2 from Best Buy (no pre-order bonus code yet).
Amazon Prime has not shipped Dragon Quest VIII (3DS) yet.

I am guessing they were waiting to send the 4 games I have coming on the 24th (hopefully)
at the same time. (Yakuza 0, KH 2.8, Tales CE, RE7)

Haines

Banned
The zelda master edition is one of the handful of collectors editions I'd consider.

But I have kids so im good with just the game.

Tapejara

Damn, was wondering why I hadn't received a shipping notification for Gravity Rush 2 yet - turns out I forgot to update my payment method after my card was compromised. Now Best Buy's site is being glitchy and won't let me update it.

chrono01

Ugh, this Amazon.ca nonsense with Gravity Rush 2 is upsetting. The only reason why I'm not going to cancel my pre-order and get it somewhere else, is that I'd miss out on the pre-order DLC if I did that. Plus, I'd have to pay a bit more, but I don't particularly mind that because it's Gravity Rush.

But damn Amazon, get your shit together. Thankfully, I have a handful of other games to keep me occupied while I wait, but still. :/

schlew

Anyone get a Switch preorder from BestBuy.ca? I checked my order and it says the release date is March 31, which I imagine is some weird mistake. Anyone able to confirm their order says the same thing? Just to help calm me down...

tiijj

Sealtest

Hows EB Games pick up in store work for preorders? I forgot to preorder the game when I went in today and I see I could prolly do it online for in-store pick up.

Should I expect to be able to pick this up at midnight launch?

Hows EB Games pick up in store work for preorders? I forgot to preorder the game when I went in today and I see I could prolly do it online for in-store pick up.

Should I expect to be able to pick this up at midnight launch?

works the same as preordering in store, just if you want to pay it off in full, you need to go to the store

Anyone get a Switch preorder from BestBuy.ca? I checked my order and it says the release date is March 31, which I imagine is some weird mistake. Anyone able to confirm their order says the same thing? Just to help calm me down...
they're the one place you don't have to worry. I've always gotten everything the day it came out with free shipping with best buy.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Switch trade in report:

Two games I didn't trade in, prices pre-bump:
$1.50 - Code Name STEAM
$3.00 - Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival

Trade-ins, prices listed after bump:
$28.00 - Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
$34.00 - Triforce Heroes
$48.00 - Hyrule Warriors
$50.00 - Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
$56.00 - Star Fox Zero

Pretty happy with this. Most of the games were bought via 30% off E3 sales, so I'm really making a vast majority of my money back with this.

kaiyo

Can't people just not pick up their preorders and move it to other titles once they're in their system? That's what I plan to do, and the EB employee told me I could...

what stopping someone preordering a switch game for double promo, and later down the road switch it to a PS4/One game?

farisr

Did an ebgames trade in towards switch stuff (not actually gonna get it, but taking advantage of the deal), I let a lot of the older games go for low prices cause either I have or plan to get newer versions, or simply can't offload it at a decent price right now.

Prices are with the switch trade in bonus + red (free) edge card. Some last gen games didn't qualify so didn't get the double trade in bump at all, and some actually qualified for some sort of partial bump as well.

Watch Dogs 2 (PS4): 54
Gears of War 4: 46
Street Fighter V: 24
COD Advanced Warfare: 8
LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4): 10
Uncharted 3 (PS3): 2.10
Super Street Fighter IV: 2.10
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (PS3):8.34
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 (PS3): 26.67
COD Black Ops (PS3): 6.34
COD Black Ops 2 (PS3): 10.34

KH 2.5 seemed to qualify for a double bump,

Blops 1, 2 and KH1.5 got a 3.34 bump each due to a "trade 3 games worth $3 or more, get $10 extra store credit)

Also for reference, they were offering 10 cents for inFAMOUS 2. LOL. I kept the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom