• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost thought about trading my Bayonetta 2 (With 1). Then I looked at eBay.

Oh. Haven't checked. What's it going for? I got one for my son last Christmas season (between black friday and boxing day some time...can't remember). But he decided he didn't want it in the end. Still have the sucker sealed.

Switch trade in report:

Two games I didn't trade in, prices pre-bump:
$1.50 - Code Name STEAM
$3.00 - Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival

Trade-ins, prices listed after bump:
$28.00 - Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
$34.00 - Triforce Heroes
$48.00 - Hyrule Warriors
$50.00 - Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
$56.00 - Star Fox Zero

Pretty happy with this. Most of the games were bought via 30% off E3 sales, so I'm really making a vast majority of my money back with this.

Damn $50 for Tennis? That's tempting

farisr

I almost thought about trading my Bayonetta 2 (With 1). Then I looked at eBay.
Yeah, those go for a lot. Sold my sealed copy (the one with 1 included) for $100 back when I was saving up/trading stuff in preparation for Pro. I needed the money otherwise I would've kept it and held off, already a collector's item, could be an even more expensive one. Still, I was happy. Got it during one of those 39.99 futureshop deals.

Oh. Haven't checked. What's it going for? I got one for my son last Christmas season (between black friday and boxing day some time...can't remember). But he decided he didn't want it in the end. Still have the sucker sealed.

Sealed there are auctions with bids for around $100 (with shipping).

Open it looks like $50, maybe more since there were two days left.

farisr

Aside from trading in to ebgames, I also returned a pair of headphones that for some reason refused to work properly with my phone and cost me around $150. Have decent ones already, so rather than buy another set, gonna use that money towards Yakuza 0 and Gravity Rush 2 now, and will be saving that ebgames credit for my next hardware purchase, which will be at the end of the year or at the beginning of next at the earliest. Could be the Switch, could be the Scorpio. Depends on who persuades me. More chances of it being the Switch if there's a decent bundle or price cut, unless there's a really good trade in deal for an XB1S towards a Scorpio.

Sora_N

Switch trade in report:

Two games I didn't trade in, prices pre-bump:
$1.50 - Code Name STEAM
$3.00 - Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival

Trade-ins, prices listed after bump:
$28.00 - Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
$34.00 - Triforce Heroes
$48.00 - Hyrule Warriors
$50.00 - Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
$56.00 - Star Fox Zero

Pretty happy with this. Most of the games were bought via 30% off E3 sales, so I'm really making a vast majority of my money back with this.

Holy shit Harvest Moon is 28? After bump. Its better than ebaying it. I'll trade mine in tomorrow.

Ventara

Traded a few games in today and almost got $160. TIVs for these have already been reported, but might as well. These are the TIVs before any promo.

Final Fantasy 15 (PS4) - $28
Pokken Tournament (Wii U) - $25
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) - $11
Nintendo Land (Wii U) - $9 (thought he said $8 but it shows on my receipt as getting a $17.66 bump to $26.66)

I plan to move these around to other things, but I put them on Zelda, and split between 1, 2, Switch and Lego.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So Mafia 3 is worth $40 if you trade it towards Switch-related stuff? Anyone trade in Dishonored 2? What's the value on that?

eyesradar

Finally plat'ed Watch Dogs 2 (GODLY Soundtracks) and traded it in tonight.

Was super happy to get $54 back. I think I paid $50+tax for the game originally lol.

Kyolux

My Yakuza 0 is in the mail.

Maybe I should trade in Watch Dogs 2 if it's going to get me that much. But kind of doubt I'd be able to move it to something else than a Switch game.

So after hearing about & experiencing it during today's Gravity Rush 2 fiasco... how bad - on average - is Amazon.ca's Prime 2-Day Release Day Shipping at being in stock/sent and arriving on time?

Today, a massive chunk of Pre-Orders for Gravity Rush 2 went unfulfilled by Amazon due 'stock' issues, despite many of the users having pre-ordered from at least September November.

As someone who pre-ordered both Persona 5 TYH Edition on December 25th, 2016 & Nier Automata on December 22nd, 2016 - Both Essentially ~3 Months in Advance - should I be worried about not getting them on release day?

Oddly enough, I got my PS4 Pro 3 days early, on the 7th instead of 10th of November.

killroy87

So after hearing about & experiencing it during today's Gravity Rush 2 fiasco... how bad - on average - is Amazon.ca's Prime 2-Day Release Day Shipping at being in stick/sent and arriving on time?

Today, a massive chunk of Pre-Orders for Gravity Rush 2 went unfulfilled by Amazon due 'stock' issues, despite many of the users having pre-ordered from at least September November.

As someone who pre-ordered both Persona 5 TYH Edition on December 25th, 2016 & Nier Automata on December 22nd, 2016 - Both Essentially ~3 Months in Advance - should I be worried about not getting them on release day?

Oddly enough, I got my PS4 Pro 3 days early, on the 7th instead of 10th of November.

Speaking for myself, I get my shit on time about 90% on the time. When I don't its almost always the fault of whoever is delivering, not Amazon

chrono01

So after hearing about & experiencing it during today's Gravity Rush 2 fiasco... how bad - on average - is Amazon.ca's Prime 2-Day Release Day Shipping at being in stick/sent and arriving on time?

Generally, when it comes to Amazon not shipping on-time, it doesn't matter how early on you pre-ordered. They seem to have "stock issues", more times than not, at least from my experience. :/

How much should I be charging for a Wii U bundle with the following:

32gb Legend of zelda wind waker hd console
On the hdd: metroid prime trilogy, windwaker hd, Earthbound, pikmin 3, wii sports club, hyrule historia
A hard copy of monster hunter 3 ult,
1 wii mote, 2 wii motion plus, 1 nunchuk, 1 classic controller pro, 1 wii u pro controller, 3 sleeves, and a spare charge dock/cable for gamepad

23qwerty

Whenever I have two day shipping I get the game the day before it comes out.

I'd say i fall into the 90% that get it on release, this week has me pretty peeved with Amazon though, they shipped RE7 with canada post from freaking Mississauga and I live in Kamloops BC, so chances of release day on that one are iffy("guaranteed" deliver date in my e-mail was jan 26th), and KH2.8 hasn't shipped at all so if it doesn't get overnighted on Monday they'll be getting a talking to I tell ya whut.

I'm also falling into the 90%, heck it might even be 95%. Outside of Gravity Rush 2, the only game for me that had stock issues were 'Overcooked' and 'Yowamari'.

I'm a bit worried about my RE7/Yakuza 0/KH2.8 orders since nothing has shipped out and I'm in Winnipeg. Unless they're going to ship them overnight in Monday, which I've only seen happen once. Probably going to complain (peacefully) over chat.

I just checked what I sold my opened copy for in March 2016 and I manged to get $99.99 for it ($87 minus Amazon's sellers fee and shipping).

I would think if you have patience you could certainly get more than $100 for a unopened copy.

I would list it on Amazon if I was you (new copies are apparently $200) and see what you could get for it. Even with the Amazon fee, I imagine you'd be able to make a pretty penny.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00DC7G1WE/

killroy87

Best Buy has updated bomberman r to 64.99, so hopefully amazon follows suit soon. I was hoping for cheaper, but $50 after Prime discount is doable.

anyone else resorting to a 128GB microsd card for the Nintendo Switch? or is the general consensus is get a 256GB microsd now.

Looking at the Best Buy website and it seems finding a 256GB microsd is not that popular in store.

killroy87

anyone else resorting to a 128GB microsd card for the Nintendo Switch? or is the general consensus is get a 256GB microsd now.

Looking at the Best Buy website and it seems finding a 256GB microsd is not that popular in store.
I went 128. Considering file sizes, and my tendency to go physical, that will be just fine.

tiijj

128gb for me as well, 256gb right now is far too much, even 200gb is pricey. I'll upgrade when the price for 256gb or bigger is much more reasonable.

Anth0ny

i'll worry about additional storage after odyssey comes out

because I probably won't be using any additional storage until after odyssey comes out

Cynar

Generally, when it comes to Amazon not shipping on-time, it doesn't matter how early on you pre-ordered. They seem to have "stock issues", more times than not, at least from my experience. :/
I've never had any stock issues with preorders since 2003. Maybe I don't order enough niche games though but I've ordered my fair share and never buy from EBGAMES.

Most places have a late January or early February deadline for generating them. You should have them by the end of February, at the very latest.

If I remember correctly from my payroll courses a few years back, you must have all your T4 slips by the last day of February. Definitely go to your payroll person or department at work and request them close to the end of February, if they don't give it to you, maybe contact the CRA as I think is a penalty for companies if they don't supply them to their employees by the end of February.

Sealtest

So... What's wrong with Freedom Mobile? Because their plans and policies(after a quick look) are way better than anyone else.

Spotty service, My dad can be facing one direction in his office then turn left or right and drop signal. And now he's having trouble again getting alerts/texts.

I sent him a text and it took about 13 hours to show up.

My BestBuy.ca Nintendo Switch pre-order release date has been updated to March 31st.

Feels bad.

Mine too. I thought the 31st was just a placeholder date?
you're going to get it on day 1. Don't put too much stock into that. Mine still says march 3rd though. Only keeping it for someone else :p

So... What's wrong with Freedom Mobile? Because their plans and policies(after a quick look) are way better than anyone else.
LTE just rolled out so coverage isn't great, almost no phones support their band of LTE, etc... mostly just a coverage issue compared to the big 3. Definitely not bad if you live in Toronto or something.

WEGGLES

It's rebranded Wind. I was on wind for a couple years and ended up switching to Public. The speeds on wind are so slow, and their spectrum has BAD penetration. There's so many places I can use my phone on Public (Telus/Bell network) that had 0 bars on wind. Not even crazy places like 900 feet underground encased in lead.

The parking garage at my apartment. The hallway at my apartment. Bathrooms at work. And so on.

Freedom may be unlimited, but it's hard to hit your limit when the speeds are so bad. Because the network was so spotty streaming music on my phone was basically pointless. I was better off downloading locally thru Google Play. Pokemon Go was basically unplayable since my speeds were so low.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
20x points day at SDM today when you spend $50, or more.

Finally going to pick up Kirby Planet Robobot, I think. A few tiny things in the flyer on sale for a reasonable price too, like peanut butter.

So after hearing about & experiencing it during today's Gravity Rush 2 fiasco... how bad - on average - is Amazon.ca's Prime 2-Day Release Day Shipping at being in stock/sent and arriving on time?

Most games you'll be fine. Anything that is even remotely niche will have stock issues. I would be worried about NieR and Persona.

I would actually wait on buying an micro SD card for the Switch until you need one. Unless you're planning on going 100% digital, then you probably should get one immediately, but if you're planning on just going with where is the cheapest place to buy games then you should be able to last a while without upgrading.

With Micro SD cards dropping in price every year (I bought a 32 GB one at Costco for $20 in 2015 and just a month ago bought a 64 GB one from there for $20), I would wait until you need it.

I recently moved around my Wii U games to a smaller hard-drive and I think it's a decent starting point for what to expect for how much space you'll need in the future. I expect on average for Switch games to be a bit bigger than Wii U titles, but it's a good estimate considering the similar sizes for Zelda: BOTW on both Wii U and Switch.

My Wii U Storage Situation:

21 Wii U Disc Games (save games, patches...) = 6,659 MB
13 Eshop Retail Games (Disney Infinity, Donkey Kong, Wonderful 101...) = 78,688 MB
18 Eshop Only Games (Runbow, Child of Light, Guacamelee...) = 14,080 MB
10 Virtual Console Games (Mario 64, Link to the Past, Super Mario World...) = 279 MB
2 Wii Eshop Games (Metroid Prime Trilogy & Mario Galaxy 2) = 8958 MB
5 Console Apps (Netflix, YouTube, Animal Crossing Plaza...) = 858 MB

Total Space Used = 109 GB

Console Space Left (after internal operating system, Wii mode etc...)
32 GB Internal Storage = 4.6 GB left
128 GB usb Storage = 29 GB left

After 4 years of Wii U ownership I really only needed to add a 128 GB usb to my console.

I'm thinking that a 256 Micro SD card is going to be the one that will last me for quite a while on the Switch and something tells me that by the time my 32 GB is filled up they should be considerably cheaper than they are now.

Thanks for all the replies about Freedom!

My phone slipped out of my case for the first time in years and it took a few feet fall and the screen broke. The phone was old anyway so it's in need of a change. However, I have a very good plan with Fido and I don't feel like going back into contract with them but I might have to.

I already have 3 services with Bell and the cheapest plan i can get with them cost me the same as BOTH plan we have with Fido, for LESS data and no Spotify... They are ridiculous.

One+3 does not have a add to cart on the Canada website, just the One+3T but it cost 599$... I just don't know what to do, everything seems terrible! I am eyeing the Huawei Nova plus as a mid-range phone but the review for the camera is not great and camera is my biggest incentive to switch phone.

Most games you'll be fine. Anything that is even remotely niche will have stock issues. I would be worried about NieR and Persona.

I don't know that either of those will have stock issues really. Persona especially. Plus Nier is Square's big Q1 game.

I worry more about stuff on the level of niche portable RPGs, or NIS releases, or that sort of thing.

IceIpor

My BestBuy.ca Nintendo Switch pre-order release date has been updated to March 31st.

Feels bad.

Mine too. I thought the 31st was just a placeholder date?

you're going to get it on day 1. Don't put too much stock into that. Mine still says march 3rd though. Only keeping it for someone else :p
I hope you guys are right for your sakes, because both mine and my sibling's is still March 3rd. I'm beginning to wonder if people are being shafted to second shipment of Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom