• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
EB games.

I wondered the same thing, he said they'd look back at the trade history or some shit like that and roll it back but it sounds like hogwash personally. I kept saying it was "weird", and he'd refute by saying it's not weird because I'm trading in for X so if I don't get X why should I get to keep the extra credit? But the stock of switch stuff that's available is all crap I don't want minus zelda which I can get cheaper on amazon anyways.

I meant to say which EB games. As in, location.

In any case, I can't see how his "rule" applies moving the credits over to other switch stuff.

Jinto

I think someone mentioned it was $70 but I don't know if that was the base or not.

Yeah, the trade in value for the OG 3DS XL is like $82 with my platinum card. That's more than I thought it be.

The guy said the trade in value won't go down, so I should wait for the Switch to come out to see if I can "level up" the 3DS then. Meh, I feel like the TIV will only go down once the Switch releases.

I meant to say which EB games. As in, location.

In any case, I can't see how his "rule" applies moving the credits over to other switch stuff.
Oh lol sorry uh EB in Kamloops BC

Evidently or so he said anyways because the items would obviously not be part of the promotion because they get added into the system afterwards that they don't count even if it is still switch stuff? I dunno man it's all kinda sketchy.

anyone else resorting to a 128GB microsd card for the Nintendo Switch? or is the general consensus is get a 256GB microsd now.

Looking at the Best Buy website and it seems finding a 256GB microsd is not that popular in store.

Holding out on SD entirely until I actually need it aka hopefully 256 will have dropped by then and I'll grab that when I need it. It seems like poor value IMO to buy a smaller one now and then replace it in the not so distant future.

Personally I didn't need to bother with a Wii U hard drive for about two years.

Oh lol sorry uh EB in Kamloops BC

Evidently or so he said anyways because the items would obviously not be part of the promotion because they get added into the system afterwards that they don't count even if it is still switch stuff? I dunno man it's all kinda sketchy.

Well IF it's enforced (lol doubt it, but i'm just guessing you don't have a dozen different stores around like we do in Toronto area) here's one workaround: If you have a platinum or onyx card, they have a condition where you can bring back a game within a week even if it's opened, one time only, for store credit.

Lexxism

Yeah, the trade in value for the OG 3DS XL is like $82 with my platinum card. That's more than I thought it be.

The guy said the trade in value won't go down, so I should wait for the Switch to come out to see if I can "level up" the 3DS then. Meh, I feel like the TIV will only go down once the Switch releases.
You can just trade the console to a switch game. Then "switch" it to Switch when it's available.

iphys

Holding out on SD entirely until I actually need it aka hopefully 256 will have dropped by then and I'll grab that when I need it. It seems like poor value IMO to buy a smaller one now and then replace it in the not so distant future.

Personally I didn't need to bother with a Wii U hard drive for about two years.

If a 128 GB costs like $60 now that will probably be the cost of a 256 GB in a couple years I'm thinking. The cards can get corrupted after a couple years anyway if you're using them daily, so it kind of makes sense to me to upgrade every couple years once the next size becomes affordable.

Gravity Rush 2 update: I just got a notification from Amazon that my "Delivery Estimate" is for Jan. 25th (Wednesday). I'm looking at the positive side of things and assuming they have more stock arriving on Monday. Usually takes two days for my packages to arrive so sending out on Monday would match that timeline.

Gravity Rush 2 update: I just got a notification from Amazon that my "Delivery Estimate" is for Jan. 25th (Wednesday). I'm looking at the positive side of things and assuming they have more stock arriving on Monday. Usually takes two days for my packages to arrive so sending out on Monday would match that timeline.

Mine still says it doesn't have a delivery date...

When did you order yours?

That's the correct price. Well, it could go up to like $45 I guess.
It retails for $34.99 in the US ($19.99 USD for the digital version).

I did notice that price on amazon, but I can't believe that they would price this that low when they have a regular edition coming out as well.

Is this a short game or something? what am I missing here?

I'm unable to properly register why this collection is so cheap given its content.

I did notice that price on amazon, but I can't believe that they would price this that low when they have a regular edition coming out as well.

Is this a short game or something? what am I missing here?

I'm unable to properly register why this collection is so cheap given its content.

Fairly certain the Six Edition is the only version coming to NA, whilst Europe seems to be getting the standard edition alongside it.

Also it does seem to be something of a lower scale/budget release.

If a 128 GB costs like $60 now that will probably be the cost of a 256 GB in a couple years I'm thinking. The cards can get corrupted after a couple years anyway if you're using them daily, so it kind of makes sense to me to upgrade every couple years once the next size becomes affordable.

What I meant was more that I don't really have any other good uses for a card that large of a a size (128), so it feels wasteful to me replacing it with a 256 just a year or two later. I'd rather wait it out if I can and pick up the 256 first and avoid the smaller purchase that will surely be replaced shortly. Of course you make a good point about reliability though, I hadn't thought of that. At least save files are on the internal, so it shouldn't be too devastating if that happens.

Fairly certain the Six Edition is the only version coming to NA, whilst Europe seems to be getting the standard edition alongside it.

Also it does seem to be something of a lower scale/budget release.

Does it? It seems pretty good from what I watched. I guess my standards are pretty low. lol

hopefully it turns out to a decent title!

Does it? It seems pretty good from what I watched. I guess my standards are pretty low. lol

hopefully it turns out to a decent title!

Don't get me wrong, the game looks excellent and I'll probably grab the physical edition of it. Just saying it seems to be more of a Shantae: Half-Genie Hero or Puppeteer than a Rayman Legends.

Don't get me wrong, the game looks excellent and I'll probably grab the physical edition of it. Just saying it seems to be more of a Shantae: Half-Genie Hero or Puppeteer than a Rayman Legends.

sorry I didn't mean it that way. I just wondered why NB would price it lower than usual. From what I've read it does have about 6-8 hours of gameplay which isn't too bad for what i'm seeing visually.

Maybe the controls are ass or something haha

still, the developer did do work on LBP and Tearaway among other titles, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

Big Chungus

Would changing the payment method on my Best Buy switch order screw the order up?

I heard if you do it on Amazon they'll place you at the back of the line...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I did that Amazon Zelda WiiU to Switch thing. I guess it really doesn't hurt to ask, and while I probably won't actually be able to play the copy for a while, I suppose it probably won't drop down to 40 bucks any time soon.

i-Jest

What are the chances The Legend Of Heroes Trails in The Sky and SC will go on sale? I've never once noticed a sale for both games on PSN.

Jamaal23

Neo Member
What are the chances The Legend Of Heroes Trails in The Sky and SC will go on sale? I've never once noticed a sale for both games on PSN.

FC has been on sale a handful of times on PSN. Think it was 50% off when I bought it.

SC has seen a 33% discount on PSN according to some quick searching. Still have to pick this one up myself.

Bummed 3rd/TC wasn't confirmed to be getting a PSP/Vita release in NA. Don't use my computer for gaming and it would be nice to play them all on Vita.

UberTag

FC has been on sale a handful of times on PSN. Think it was 50% off when I bought it.

SC has seen a 33% discount on PSN according to some quick searching. Still have to pick this one up myself.

Bummed 3rd/TC wasn't confirmed to be getting a PSP/Vita release in NA. Don't use my computer for gaming and it would be nice to play them all on Vita.
For what it's worth, I don't use my PC for gaming either... and yet I happily dove through Trails FC and SC on it. Any bargain basement machine can run it, the Steam achievements are an added bonus incentive for completionists and you can pretty much plug in any old controller and go so don't feel you have to be intimidated by some other control method.

Also, SC is so so worth it.

tiijj

I got those update from best buy showing my pre-order, since zelda is the last 1st party that nintendo will release for the wii u, I wonder what will happen to this order. BB would most likely won't upgrade this to the switch if this was going to be release for the switch.

This order contains:

Items(s) Currently On Order: Release Date
Project Giant Robot (Wii U) 31 Dec, 2017

Oneself

You guys should take a look at your RE7 amazon.ca order. Mine has been pushed back to "shipping on Jan30th" (lolz). Priority shipping!! I just sent an email to their always amazing (IMO) customer service so I'm pretty sure they'll do something about it.

You guys should take a look at your RE7 amazon.ca order. Mine has been pushed back to "shipping on Jan30th" (lolz). Priority shipping!! I just sent an email to their always amazing (IMO) customer service so I'm pretty sure they'll do something about it.

Mine has an estimate of January 24 but Berseria should be arriving next year.

X-Factor

I ordered the Berseria Collector's Edition from amazon with Prime and my delivery estimate is February 1st - 9th.

RE7 ordered Nov 2016 - expected delivery January 24th.
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 . Ordered Nov 26th - expected delivery Jan 24th Amazon gave more than 50% off due to some sort of price error on their end (it should have been 30% off)
Yakuza 0 ordered Sep. 2016 - expected January 24th.

I still have not received Dragon Quest VIII (3DS) however.

Best Buy delivered Gravity Rush 2 on launch day through Canada Post.
For launch day delivery, I think Amazon always uses some random couriers they hire instead of Canada Post which is kind of annoying since
those guys delivered to the wrong address once on me.

Mine has an estimate of January 24 but Berseria should be arriving next year.

Would changing the payment method on my Best Buy switch order screw the order up?

I heard if you do it on Amazon they'll place you at the back of the line...

Didn't screw it up for me. I had to switch to my visa then back to my mastercard because I screwed up on my cardholder name (MasterCard had my middle Initial as part of my first name).

I called BB the next day to make sure everything was OK, and it was.

However, I did get an email today letting me know that they are awaiting the release date for the Nintendo Switch. The weird part is that right below it, it has the release date of March 3, 2017. Not going to worry about it though.

Aonuma

Has anybody have experience with one of these home theater setups? Any pitfalls?

Best Buy: Pioneer HTP-074 5.1 Channel Home Theatre System

I've got a bunch of gift cards and an pre-HDMI sound system that needs replacing.

A couple things:

I'd suggest getting one that perhaps has more HDMI ports on the back. I have a Pioneer VSX-1126 with 7 HDMI ports on the back and I still have to use splitters on a couple of the ports. I suppose everyone has different HDMI needs though.

Pioneer also has a couple super annoying things about their HDMI receivers to watch out for. Firstly, they have this default video mode for HDMI inputs that makes them super blurry unless it's turned off -- I'm not even sure why it's there other than to annoy gamers. Secondly, unlike the pretty excellent Yamaha receiver I had before, almost all Pioneer receivers -- even though they claim to -- do not actually allow passthrough of audio when they're in standby mode. My Yamaha just defaulted to the last input and could even switch inputs while it was in standy so I didn't have to always turn it on just to get a game system running, and while it may not seem like a huge deal it's been quite annoying to have to remember to turn the Pioneer one on all of the time.

Otherwise sound quality and general features are alright. Pioneer has less intuitive speaker setup options than Yamaha and their remote app for iOS/Android is a bit worse, but otherwise it's pretty decent.

My 128GB evo+ microSD should be more than enough for my switch. I don't ever have more than a handful of games installed at once because it's all just bloat that I'll ignore. I usually play one game at a time. I'll keep a few others installed that I may want to immediately go back to once I'm done with whatever that one game is.

128 should let me easily hold 8-12 titles.

koopas

Has anyone seen Animal Crossing New Leaf Welcome Amiibo version around at retail shops anywhere? Cant find it anywhere and can't seem to find it on Amazon.ca

explodet

A couple things:
See, these are the kinds of notes you only get from places like GAF.
Thanks very much!

I'm currently dealing with 4 HDMI ports and a switch already so I'm cool with that, but I'll look closer at that video mode thing and standby thing and see if it's a dealbreaker.

Has anyone seen Animal Crossing New Leaf Welcome Amiibo version around at retail shops anywhere? Cant find it anywhere and can't seem to find it on Amazon.ca

Isn't it exactly the same as the other version (just different cover)? (Seems to come with 1 amiibo card)

Also with bare minimum effort, you could have searched the best buy site and seen they have it.

tiijj

Did they release a new version? I thought it was just a free update

Yeah it's a free update for New Leaf but I think they release one with the patch inside the cart already, so it's a little difficult to know if it's the patched.

I guess it has a tab on the top right saying Amiibo Compatible and Welcome Amiibo at the title.

aRgx613.jpg

Preordered mine on June 16th and has 25th as delivery. 2-day shipping/ Prime. Says it will ship on the 23rd. So possibly getting it on the 24th.

congrats! still haven't heard anything myself...

the fact that amazon was unable to fulfill even their e3 orders indicates to me that, for whatever reason, they just completely fell asleep at the wheel with this one - seriously doubt they had any copies on hand on release day...

Yort

Anyone who still has a Wii U Zelda Preorder, what's your price listed at? Right now mine's $64.99 with $9 off from the 20% E3 promo, but $9 is only 13.8% off, not 20%.

farisr

Friend went in with me to trade a bunch of his games as well, so here are the values for anyone interested.

All values are not doubled up, these are the base trade in values for the games.

Games Eligible For Double Value Promotion
COD Advanced Warfare (PS4):.................................4
COD Black Ops 3 (PS4):.........................................16
Far Cry 4 (PS4):......................................................6
Gears of War 4 (XB1):..............................................23
NHL 16 (PS4):.........................................................2
Nintendoland (Wii U):................................................9
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 (PS3):.....................................13.33
LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4):.............................................4
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed (Wii U):..................6
Star Wars Battlefront (PS4):......................................3
Street Fighter V (PS4):............................................12
Trackmania Turbo (PS4):...........................................7
Watch Dogs 2 (PS4):................................................27
Wii Sport Club (Wii U):............................................12

Game Not Eligible For Double Up:
Assassins Creed (360):......................................1
Assassins Creed 2 (360):...................................0.52
Assassins Creed Brotherhood (360):...................1
Assassins Creed 3 (PS3):..................................1
Battlfield 4 (PS4):..............................................1
COD Ghosts (PS3):..........................................1
COD Black Ops 1 (PS3):...................................3
COD Black Ops 2 (PS3):...................................7
God of War Ascension (PS3):............................4
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (PS3):............................... 5
Modnation Racers (PS3):..................................2
Playstation All-Star Battle Royal (PS3):..............2
Super Street Fighter IV (PS3):...........................2
The Last Of Us (PS3):.......................................3
Uncharted 3 (PS3):...........................................2

My RE7 actually shipped Thursday, from mississauga. But I'm in BC and the delivery date is showing as Jan 26th. KH2.8 hasn't even been charged yet let alone shipped. :/ starting to regret not ordering berseria now.

killroy87

Is it just me, or has the Canadian price of the Zelda Special Edition on Target.com risen a little bit since the link went up? I could be completely mistaken, but I feel like it was $132 or something a couple days ago.

I'm probably just misremembering.

Just following up on this, it's definitely going up. It was at $136 when I made this post, it's at $140 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom