• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aonuma

Contacted Amazon.ca about not having dropped the price of Super Bomberman R yet (it's $49.99 US) and they kind of cop-out-style noncommittally said it would be updated soon. So hopefully they'll get around to it in the next few days.

I feel you should be fine. I feel it's Sony Canada undershipping this game, compared to what Squenix and SEGA/Atlus will with theirs.

Now as for still getting those games on launch, well, it's still Amazon and so that could be hit or miss.

I pre-ordered the Persona 5 Take Your Heart Edition on December 25th, 2016, and NieR Automata on December 22nd, 2016.

Are they good with their stock to the point where I should be fine with these?

I was never notified of the queue issues when I needed to change payment methods through customer service, and I had to go out and buy Gravity Rush 2 from Best Buy to get it on release day because of that.

Should I have a backup pre-order at a brick & mortar location just in case?

killroy87

I pre-ordered the Persona 5 Take Your Heart Edition on December 25th, 2016, and NieR Automata on December 22nd, 2016.

Are they good with their stock to the point where I should be fine with these?

I was never notified of the queue issues when I needed to change payment methods through customer service, and I had to go out and buy Gravity Rush 2 from Best Buy to get it on release day because of that.

Should I have a backup pre-order at a brick & mortar location just in case?

We honestly have no ability of answering that better than you do. You preordered, you should be fine.

We honestly have no ability of answering that better than you do. You preordered, you should be fine.

Apologies for the silly question, it's just that the only two game-related items I've preordered through Prime have been the PS4 Pro (Arrived 3 Days Early) and Gravity Rush 2 (Is Arriving 6 Days Late) so I was hoping that there may be someone here with more experience using Prime with Amazon.ca that could comment on my chances.

Once again, if it's a silly question, no need to bother to answer, but if anyone has any idea, would love to hear it.

big_z

You guys should take a look at your RE7 amazon.ca order. Mine has been pushed back to "shipping on Jan30th" (lolz). Priority shipping!! I just sent an email to their always amazing (IMO) customer service so I'm pretty sure they'll do something about it.

Mine hasn't even switched to saying preparing to ship or anything. If it doesn't ship by launch ill cancel it. Don't care if its $40 or not, im tired of getting games nearly a month late. Fucking hate amazon.

ruvcan

Mine hasn't even switched to saying preparing to ship or anything. If it doesn't ship by launch ill cancel it. Don't care if its $40 or not, im tired of getting games nearly a month late. Fucking hate amazon.

Mine (RE7) shipped last friday from amazon (I'm a prime member), it should be delivered today or tomorow.

You guys should take a look at your RE7 amazon.ca order. Mine has been pushed back to "shipping on Jan30th" (lolz). Priority shipping!! I just sent an email to their always amazing (IMO) customer service so I'm pretty sure they'll do something about it.

Ya mine is the same, though I assumed this was because I made an edit on my orde without thinking about it and that put at the back of the queue or something.

Just contacted amazon on the weird 18-01-01 delivery date on my Tales of Berseria order. They upgraded my shipping speed and fixed the date. Thanks Amazon. I'm writing this so that others check their Berseria order.

big_z

Mine (RE7) shipped last friday from amazon (I'm a prime member), it should be delivered today or tomorow.

Just checked this morning. it now says "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

fantastic. :/

Just contacted amazon on the weird 18-01-01 delivery date on my Tales of Berseria order. They upgraded my shipping speed and fixed the date. Thanks Amazon. I'm writing this so that others check their Berseria order.

I updated it myself(with the same shipping speed) and it now says "arriving January 31" so it's better than next year...

Edit: It now says "shipping now"

Just checked this morning. it now says "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

All of mine still say "Arriving tomorrow by 8:00 p.m.". Nothing has been charged to my card yet, so looks like I'm going to be complaining once again. Arg. Well I'll hold off until noon, just in case.

my gravity rush 2 order's been stuck on this for most of a day now. smh :) ...

explodet

The Switch Pro controller is up for pre-order @ Amazon Japan. By my calculations, the cost is basically near identical to what you would pay for it here:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01NCX3W3O/

I worked it out to be roughly $101 with the current exchange rate, vs. $100'ish with tax at the $89.99 price point here.
I've been shopping with Amazon JP recently and there's a few things to note from shopping there:

- Always take into account the CC company's cut when calculating foreign exchange.
It's always slightly higher than just googling a response. But it's usually not huge. Right now a Pro Controller for me would cost around CAD$104 - only a couple of bucks more expensive. Here's hoping the rate holds.

- They used DHL to ship to me.
If you have problems with DHL, that's something to keep in mind.

- You won't get it right at launch.
Due to the laws of time and space, shipping will take a couple of days.

ElNino

Mine says shipping today, so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. Non-Prime shipping.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Amazon gonna Amazon.

RE7 is the only order I kept with them and it's shipping today, with free non Prime shipping, yet when I was Prime member it was a struggle to get things on time. Hilarious.

Alright so despite the fact that my RE7 order still says it will arrive on January 31 and will be shipped on January 27, it says "shipping now" so hopefully it actually will lol.

mlclmtckr

Banned
They pretty much told me that they're taking as many pre orders as they can get, then asking Nintendo for the stock. Seems... backwards.

Yeah that is super weird... Hopefully they keep Nintendo apprised of how many they have so they can get cut off when they hit some kind of limit.

Alright so despite the fact that my RE7 order still says it will arrive on January 31 and will be shipped on January 27, it says "shipping now" so hopefully it actually will lol.

i'm beginning to wonder if they just sorta universally flipped on 'shipping now' everywhere to pacify everybody for a bit :) ...

how did they mess all these titles up so badly?...

I don't think Amazon has gotten me anything on release date in probably... 6 months? And I've been a Prime member since Prime launched in Canada. I'd cancel it, but I've racked up enough free months from whining in chat about items not coming to make my Prime never end (plus I like the 20% game discount).

RE7 has been "shipping now" since Friday and I'm sure it'll be "shipping now" this Friday too. Classic Amazon.

BTails

Amazon says my RE7 will be shipping today, and my Credit Card has been charged. I find Amazon usually has one day shipping for me whenever stuff goes out, so I'm hoping I'll receive it tomorrow, though Wednesday wouldn't be too bad either.

I'm so excited for this game, finally got to the point where I don't feel any nausea playing the demo in VR, so I think I'm set!

Conezays

Yakuza 0: Being shipped soon, arriving tomorrow by 8pm.
RE7: Will ship 23 Jan, arriving tomorrow by 8pm
(Prime)

Lol, I'll believe it when I see it.

I figure I'll just pre-order at my local EB Games to make sure I get Nier Automata & Persona 5 TYH Edition on release day, and return the Amazon.ca items to EB Games once it arrives late, should that whole Gravity Rush 2 mess repeat itself...

But before I put this plan into action, can anyone answer a few questions for me?
  1. Both EB Games and Amazon.ca ship completely sealed items, right? EB won't pull it's notorious put-a-disc-in-an-open-box BS with a pre-order?
  2. Does EB games accept returns on sealed special edition games? If so, for how long after release/pickup?
Also, if there's anything I haven't thought about yet please let me know - want to make sure I have my bases covered.

i-Jest

I noticed Tales of Berseria standard edition sold out online at Bestbuy and EB Games. Still up on Amazon though. Is there something I'm missing about this game? Are people expecting the retail print run to be low?

zroid

Banned
Welp I finally bit the bullet and traded my various things toward Switch stuff at EB.

Got Zelda paid off in full, and about $240 put toward multiple copies of Lego City Undercover which I intend to transfer over to a Switch console whenever possible.

The EB cashier did try to emphasize that I might not be able to get a Switch even by April, though... hopefully that's nonsense and they're just covering their butts

I would have preferred to put my trade-ins toward Mario Kart, Splatoon, and Mario Odyssey, but inexplicably they aren't up for pre-order yet. EB is awful.

firelogic

This is why I've never seen the benefit of Prime for me. It (RE7) shipped today and I'll get it tomorrow without Prime.

Yeah I get games delivered on release day using free shipping and no Prime. I'd imagine Prime pays off if you order things that are already available for same/next day delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom