• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyesradar

Okay my Walmart copy of RE7 is shipped. Getting it tomorrow most likely. Hopefully I can beat it in a week and trade it towards my Switch preorder in EB.

lol apparently my copy of Gravity Rush 2 is coming in March. Nice.

jeez, that's pretty messed up. sorry, man...

when did you order? i ordered june 16, & just now got notified my copy's on it's way (arriving thursday, for whatever reason)...

Yup, pre-ordered last e3.. And no, it is only 49$.

Mine says shipping Feb 4th! :( with Prime...

wtf did - or didn't - amazon.ca do?! afa number of games involved, this might be as messed up as i've ever seen it...

All of you with your RE7 from Amazon, did you pre-order it at last E3? If so, did you get it at 49$ + 20% E3 Rebate?
Mine was from 2016 not 15 but I did get the 20+20 after a $10 refund.

By some miracle RE7 is actually in town, so I didn't get stuck in the 3 day limbo that Richmonds ridiculous sorting center normally is.

KH2.8 is "preparing to ship"... on Jan 27th.

Kyolux

Only missing the PS2/PSP games
xWpgmBJ.jpg

And well Kiwami/6.

Anyone know if our version of Yakuza 0 is the "business edition" with the business card holder? Or is that US only?

Have yet to open the box. But would assume so.

killroy87

Out of curiosity, when is the last time anyone here has straight up paid full ptrice $79.99 for a game? I feel like we’re all always talking about deals and Prime and E3 discounts and everything, I’m curious if anyone here will just go out on release day and buy a game from Best Buy.

Kyolux

85$ shipped (CND) not that bad :p

Considering it won't play on my Wii U.. I dunno. Also I'm limiting my game expenses as much as possible right now. 5K in medical fees to pay this year. After last year's 2k.

May try to pick it up in Tokyo when I go back next year though.

Hedgey

Out of curiosity, when is the last time anyone here has straight up paid full ptrice $79.99 for a game? I feel like we’re all always talking about deals and Prime and E3 discounts and everything, I’m curious if anyone here will just go out on release day and buy a game from Best Buy.

Mario Kart 8 from EB Games, but then I used the 7 day guarantee to get full credit back for it. Does that count?

Hahahaaha no. Fuck I only ever paid 69.99 (full retail at the time) for one game and that dark souls 2 scholar of the first sin.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU so Amazon got hosed on KH2.8 LE so if yours has gone out count yourself lucky.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If I didn't get Prime, Yakuza 0 would have been my first 80 dollar game. There are still some games that don't get announced during the deals, which kind of screws you over. Particularly, it's the niche Japanese games that are extremely rare and difficult to find.

Root Zero is my first actual full priced game (although it's 70), and that's because it's VGP exclusive.

Lexxism

39.99 LE FE:A on EB. That was 2013 I think.

Dazzler

Bought No Man's Sky digitally for $80

Won't make that mistake again

Mario Kart 8 but it was $69.99 or maybe even. less.

vilmer_

Kingdom Hearts on Amazon is a total no show (what a surprise). "Arriving 30 Jan - 31 Jan" with no updated status whatsoever. I pre-ordered this thing in June ffs.

SickBoy

Out of curiosity, when is the last time anyone here has straight up paid full ptrice $79.99 for a game? I feel like we're all always talking about deals and Prime and E3 discounts and everything, I'm curious if anyone here will just go out on release day and buy a game from Best Buy.

That's a great question...

Last April, I bought Uncharted 4 with credit from a "Game Guarantee" at EB Games (the "guarantee" money was from Thief, ordered with credit when I was feeling hard-up for new PS4 content).

I also bought Overwatch at EB for full price, though I paid with credit again. I never preordered through Amazon because I wasn't that interested. Didn't love the beta, either, but figured I would have the opportunity to take advantage of EB's guarantee if I didn't like it. Turns out I liked it.

I did the same with No Man's Sky, but I actually did utilize the EB guarantee for that, figuring I'd get it again after it tanked in price (still waiting).

Buying stuff at full price doesn't seem like something that's going to be happening much for me in the future... I guess I'm paying "full price" for Zelda, but I actually traded in three games for it... but generally speaking, with Amazon's 20% off applying to everything, I won't be buying full-price games anywhere else.

Looking back at my records, I'm not sure what the last game is that I paid full price for with actual money. Since E3 deals started, that's how I get almost everything I buy on Day 1. Otherwise, I trade in a bunch of stuff, so in the rare case I haven't preordered something, that's probably how I'll get it (however, the well is dry after ordering Switch stuff and its related gear... though I do have $170 worth of Optimum points hoping they stock some Switch stuff there :).

I paid full price for last guardian. I've switched to digital only so if it's a game I want on day 1 and it's 79.99, I'll pay it.

I don't want a ton of games though.

bryt

Out of curiosity, when is the last time anyone here has straight up paid full ptrice $79.99 for a game? I feel like we're all always talking about deals and Prime and E3 discounts and everything, I'm curious if anyone here will just go out on release day and buy a game from Best Buy.

Only one game in like the past 4 years and it was Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator. I cancelled my E3 discounted order to get it digital since I was way too hype for the game and had to play it right away with my buddies.

FN-2187

I have not paid $79.99+ for a new game since the 90s.

Every new game I've bought for the last 3 years has been via the E3 deal. Otherwise, I just wait a few weeks for the price to drop to $50 or less.

I think the last time I paid full price for a game on the day it came out was New Super Mario Bros U on Wii U launch day (and our dollar was good then, so it was $59).

kaiyo

Anyone know if our version of Yakuza 0 is the "business edition" with the business card holder? Or is that US only?

on amazon.ca website

Pre-order Bonus Offer: Pre-order Yakuza 0 to receive "The Business Edition", including: a stainless steel business card holder! Printed with the 'Ryu' (dragon) and 'Hanya' (skull) tattoo designs, replicas of the protagonists' in-game, bi-lingual business cards, and a third card featuring five of the lovely hostesses you can interact with in-game. Bonuses will be packed with game.

If we're not counting CEs and the like: apparently, never. I can't find any records of me paying full price for a normal $79.99 game in the past two or three years. I've actually been trying to stick to a "no more than $59.99" rule ever since prices started going up; I've maybe violated that rule two or three times at most, but I'd have to double check.

Chrono Trigger snes in 1994

Luigi87

My copy of KH2.8 from Amazon shipped. Based on the tracking number they also combined it with an order for an Anker Type-C portable battery I placed the other day.

Oneself

I don't know if I ever bought a (regular edition) game at 79.99$ or more since... Killer Instinct Gold at launch.

The Futureshop pre-order deals started when the prices started to go up so ...

Sealtest

Speaking of FS orders, has any ones old Zelda WII U order have the updated date yet? Mine still says December 31 even after the website updated.

De_Legend

Banned
Got my RE7 shipped as well for 47$, plus I ordered from zavvi my copy of Yakuza 0 for 65$ instead of 90$. I can wait a few days to save 25$, I just don't know if there's a business edition in the UK. No biggie if not.

Vamphuntr

I want to preorder the Fire Emblem II remake but Amazon.ca doesn't have it yet. 3DS Warriors too. Considering it seems rather low key Nintendo will probably ship 4 copies.

amrod

We're contacting you about order #7XX-XXXXX-XXX for Gravity Rush 2 - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition. We recently learned there's been a delay in processing the order. We're very sorry about this.

To make up for the inconvenience, we've issued an Amazon.ca Gift Card of $5, which has been automatically applied to your account. You can view your Gift Card balance in Your Account here: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/css/gc/balance/.

Guess that won't be coming anytime soon

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #xxxxxxxx for Gravity Rush 2 - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition. We recently learned there's been a delay in processing the order. We're very sorry about this.

Seriously? Two delays now on a single order.

I'm definitely going to make backup preorders at EB now...

theosi

My E3 amazon preorder of KH 2.8 is preparing to ship, apparently its the limited edition that is $99 on the site now?

Don't recall ordering a limited edition - did the standard edition get upgraded at some point?

Luigi87

My E3 amazon preorder of KH 2.8 is preparing to ship, apparently its the limited edition that is $99 on the site now?

Don't recall ordering a limited edition - did the standard edition get upgraded at some point?

Yeah, pre-orders of when there was only one version were automatically upgraded.
The LE itself is the same price as the standard, but just more limited. Amazon already seems to be out atm, so the $99 is from a third party reseller.

theosi

Yeah, pre-orders of when there was only one version were automatically upgraded.
The LE itself is the same price as the standard, but just more limited. Amazon already seems to be out atm, so the $99 is from a third party reseller.

Ah that makes sense, sweet! thanks!

Vibranium

Banned

Never. CDKeys and GMG on PC is a lifesaver. For console games, I use Prime, but I don't care about release dates or late shipping.

For Yakuza 0 I am hoping it comes to Steam within a year.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Not since before the first E3 deals. That's of course ignore the Zelda Master Edition I ordered from GameStop US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom