• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What are some releases that people are getting on Xbox in the near future? I've got nothing for it until Mass Effect and South Park. There's For Honor, but I'll wait to see how it looks first. I'm fine with 900p, but not if it uses the blurry kind of antialiaing. Though maybe I can pick up Titanfall 2, it's the only big game from the holidays that I didn't get yet. I've finished up Dishonored 2 and the Watch Dogs 2 demo did not impress me.

mlclmtckr

Banned
My BestBuy ship date says March 3rd but release date says March 31st. Super weird. Between my instore Toys R Us pre order being sketchy and now this, I can't say I'm not a LITTLE concerned.

How was your Toys R Us preorder sketchy? Mine seemed a little too casual but I've never preordered a console before.

Tarrin

What are some new releases that people are getting on Xbox in the near future? I've got nothing for it until Mass Effect and South Park. There's For Honor, but I'll wait to see how it looks first. I'm fine with 900p, but not if it uses the blurry kind of antialiaing. Though maybe I can pick up Titanfall 2, it's the only big game from the holidays that I didn't get yet. I've finished up Dishonored 2 and the Watch Dogs 2 demo did not impress me.

I'll be picking up Sniper Elite 4 at least. Always played Sniper Elite on the Xbox ever since the first one.

Mass Effect might be an X1 purchase as well, (depends on pro enchancements I guess) since I have the trilogy on 360 and I prefer the xbox controller for Bioware games.

Other then that, Halo Wars 2 looks good.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'll be picking up Sniper Elite 4 at least. Always played Sniper Elite on the Xbox ever since the first one.

Mass Effect might be an X1 purchase as well, (depends on pro enchancements I guess) since I have the trilogy on 360 and I prefer the xbox controller for Bioware games.

Other then that, Halo Wars 2 looks good.
Hmmm, I never liked that series. For Mass Effect, I was thinking to get it for the Pro as well, but I'll try the EA Access trial and if it doesn't look blurry, I'll definitely get it on Xbox. The better controller and the trilogy is already there too.
As for Halo Wars, I tried the beta and it didn't grab me, it's not my genre. Same for Resident Evil 7 as well.

Bummed out, nothing to get on it for a while 😣
Maybe For Honor will run well.

chrono01

Mine was pre-ordered in June, so they're definitely doing FCFS in very low quantities it seems.
In that case, mine will probably be a while, haha. Did you receive your DLC code for pre-ordering yet? Granted probably not, as they're sent out after the item ships, but I'm still curious.

Anyway, I sent them an email on both matters (game not being shipped, as well as no DLC code). I already have a feeling I know the answer, though.

Luigi87

I'm getting more and more nervous about my December Persona 5 and Nier Automata preorders...

I feel you should be fine. I feel it's Sony Canada undershipping this game, compared to what Squenix and SEGA/Atlus will with theirs.

Now as for still getting those games on launch, well, it's still Amazon and so that could be hit or miss.

In that case, mine will probably be a while, haha. Did you receive your DLC code for pre-ordering yet? Granted probably not, as they're sent out after the item ships, but I'm still curious.

Anyway, I sent them an email on both matters (game not being shipped, as well as no DLC code). I already have a feeling I know the answer, though.

I have not gotten my DLC code yet.
... Actually I didn't realize we were getting one, lol

Stage On

It's killing me that the single "premium" ones cost $21.99 CAD now. Our dollar sucks.
IE: $12.99 USD amiibo = $15.99 CAD
$15.99 USD amiibo = $21.99 CAD

So is it only the "premium" ones that are going up in price or are all amiibo getting a hike.

Like the 21.99 isn't so bad if it's only for the oversized ones like the upcoming Guardian from Zelda. But if they are ALL going to be $21.99 then that's a huge problem

chrono01

I have not gotten my DLC code yet.
... Actually I didn't realize we were getting one, lol
Haha. Yeah, it was later added to the listing. We're supposed to get a (nine-track) digital soundtrack, as well as white costume for Kat. You'll probably get yours when the game ships, but I'm emailing them just in case they forget about me.

i-Jest

So is it only the "premium" ones that are going up in price or are all amiibo getting a hike.

Like the 21.99 isn't so bad if it's only for the oversized ones like the upcoming Guardian from Zelda. But if they are ALL going to be $21.99 then that's a huge problem

My impression was they're all getting it but I hope I'm wrong.

Luigi87

Haha. Yeah, it was later added to the listing. We're supposed to get a (nine-track) digital soundtrack, as well as white costume for Kat. You'll probably get yours when the game ships, but I'm emailing them just in case they forget about me.

Ah that's pretty cool to know. Amusingly I was thinking about a white outfit Kat wondering about it, as I remembered there being a scale figure of her a few years ago.

My impression was they're all getting it but I hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately I won't be surprised if the regular ones shoot up to $17.99. As it is there is no pricing for any of the upcoming Amiibo in Canada (the Zelda ones, or the Fire Emblem Echoes ones), and it is likely Nintendo waiting out the market to see where the Canadian dollar is at.

farisr

yep! just checked, & so is mine - thanks for the heads-up! :) ...

hang in there! they're just now filling the friggin' june/2016 orders! :) ...
I had a preorder in from a while ago but cancelled last minute due to being short on funds. Ordered afterwards once I was able to work some things out.

While I don't need it right away, I'm really hoping they don't pull a "sorry we couldn't secure more stock so your order is cancelled" and the game becomes hard to find elsewhere as well. Sucked going into an ebgames and seeing a dozen of copies of the game just sitting there on the shelf behind the counter.

Windam

Scaley member
Does anyone else have a ship date of Jan 27th for KH 2.8 LE from Amazon? I ordered a copy of the LE as soon as it went up but it hasn't been updated to reflect the Prime release day delivery. (CSR was clueless and said my address doesn't qualify for Prime shipping, but it does. I had a same-day delivery order yesterday.) Or anyone know when BestBuy ships orders so they arrive on release? (Ordered from BB.ca a while back, seeing all the posts about Amazon missing release-day deliveries and having orders stuck in limbo.)

Luigi87

Does anyone else have a ship date of Jan 27th for KH 2.8 LE from Amazon? I ordered a copy of the LE as soon as it went up but it hasn't been updated to reflect the Prime release day delivery. (CSR was clueless and said my address doesn't qualify for Prime shipping, but it does. I had a same-day delivery order yesterday.) Or anyone know when BestBuy ships orders so they arrive on release? (Ordered from BB.ca a while back, seeing all the posts about Amazon missing release-day deliveries and having orders stuck in limbo.)

My 2.8, which I pre-ordered when only Standard was available and it auto-changed to the LE, is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday.

leeman

My 2.8, which I pre-ordered when only Standard was available and it auto-changed to the LE, is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday.

Mine shipped as well, says delivery by this upcoming Thursday but will probably be here sooner given that it shipped last Thursday.

Sealtest

So amazon contacted me about Digimon Next Orders preorder bonus and ofcourse CS was useless about it..

I see and confirmed that the external token bouceback benefit was starting from January 18, 2017 03:00:00 PM PST and ending on January 30, 2017 11:59:59 PM PST.

They're basically saying since my order was placed months ago and not made past January 18th I don't get the preorder code.

Does the 6 month free trial of Amazon Student Prime still let me get 20% off games? And what happens if I preorder a game when I have prime but it released after my prime runs out and I don't renew it?

Windam

Scaley member

Maybe I jumped the gun on cancelling my Standard (ordered in June) since it was looking like orders weren't going to be upgraded. Bleh.

Ryne

Okay, I'm done putting aside niche games for later. I'm buying them right away.

Trying to find a copy of Trails of Cold Steel 2 now sucks, I have to import from the states.

chrono01

my GR2 shipped and also got the preorder bonus code.
I checked my email, got excited at a shipment email, it was for Yazuko 0 instead. I want that game too, but with the situation Gravity Rush 2 is in, I'd much rather that right now.

I emailed Amazon earlier today, got a response back with the typical "overseen demand/stock shortage/etc.". They updated my shipping to Priority, which probably reset my place in-line which is even more frustrating, and didn't confirm whether I would/wouldn't receive the bonus DLC. I pre-ordered in October, I'd damn well better receive it. They also gave me $5 in promotion for my troubles, which is whatever. I just want GR2.

Checking the site, it says it ships within 1 to 2 months. My order, on the other hand, now reads as shipping on the 24th (and not the "no time indicated" listing as before), so here's hoping.

Fularu

Banned
Canceled my preorders of KH 2.8 and KH3 despite both beeing about 50% off. I have no interest to play 2.8 for now and when I'll get around to it, it will be sub 20$ anyway.

As for KH3... it won't come out till 2020 so whatever :p

Trying to find a copy of Trails of Cold Steel 2 now sucks, I have to import from the states.

Wow, I didn't know that's hard to find nowadays. Cold Steel 1 was easy to find for a long while and Bestbuy even put it on clearance a few months later...

Luigi87

Oh damn. CS1 was so easy to find, and still, is, I didn't think CS2 would become an issue.

I'm still a bit in shock over the switch pro controller price lol. I really want one for launch but it doesn't seem wise. I guess that's something we wait till Black Friday for or some other sale.

ohlawd

The Switch Pro controller is up for pre-order @ Amazon Japan. By my calculations, the cost is basically near identical to what you would pay for it here:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01NCX3W3O/

I worked it out to be roughly $101 with the current exchange rate, vs. $100'ish with tax at the $89.99 price point here.
wow

clearly I'm out of the loop. Xbone Elite controller is the only controller maybe worth the asking $100+

this Switch Pro better have fleshlight functionality man

suikodan

You guys should take a look at your RE7 amazon.ca order. Mine has been pushed back to "shipping on Jan30th" (lolz). Priority shipping!! I just sent an email to their always amazing (IMO) customer service so I'm pretty sure they'll do something about it.

Wow, I looked at my order for RE7 only to find out that since they couldn't verify the CC number (because it got changed due to a fraud), they cancelled my 50$ -20% order of RE7.

Thanks Amazon! :p

EDIT: Wow, just found out that the same order had 4 other games with RE7 and 20% E3 rebate...

Just curious to others who ordered a Switch off Amazon, I ordered mine the second the pre-order button was available in the first batch at 9am that day.

Shipping states March 8-10th, was curious if anyone else has their order state this instead of launch day? Not sure if just a place holder until it gets closer to release (also using the Prime shipping.)

tiijj

Just curious to others who ordered a Switch off Amazon, I ordered mine the second the pre-order button was available in the first batch at 9am that day.

Shipping states March 8-10th, was curious if anyone else has their order state this instead of launch day? Not sure if just a place holder until it gets closer to release (also using the Prime shipping.)

Same for mine with prime shipping as well.

It has Express Shipping Mar 8-10, then I tried Priority Shipping, it says Mar 7-8.

Same for mine with prime shipping as well.

It has Express Shipping Mar 8-10, then I tried Priority Shipping, it says Mar 7-8.

Yeah okay, same as well then with the other options. I wonder if they will guarantee launch day delivery soon if they do update it, not sure what they do for new console releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom