• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably dumb question:

I have a sketchy in-store TRU in-store Switch pre order, so just in case I got a BestBuy.ca backup order. If the TRU pre order goes off without a hitch, can I bring the Bestbuy.ca Switch into a store and get a full refund with no issue?

Mathematics

Neo Member
Probably dumb question:

I have a sketchy in-store TRU in-store Switch pre order, so just in case I got a BestBuy.ca backup order. If the TRU pre order goes off without a hitch, can I bring the Bestbuy.ca Switch into a store and get a full refund with no issue?

Yes you can. I have done that with video games

shezbot

Probably dumb question:

You can definitely return the BestBuy.ca one to Best Buy in store no problem. If you mean returning the BestBuy.ca one to TRU, that depends if they log the serial number on the receipt - YMMV.

Holy shit, just came across a HUGE DEAL on a specific Wii U game, I'm email tagging it (quote to see) so you guys have a shot at it, it's at Best Buy and it's not on their site, I think JRPG fans might like it ;) Got the last copy I saw:

Holy shit, just came across a HUGE DEAL on a specific Wii U game, I'm email tagging it (quote to see) so you guys have a shot at it, it's at Best Buy and it's not on their site, I think JRPG fans might like it ;) Got the last copy I saw:

I own it, but this is a ridiculous deal to pass on if you don't own it yet.

pick it up guys.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Assuming you can find a copy thats a fantastic deal. I was at my local Best Buy yesterday and they didnt have it.

Just letting you know that the game was tagged at a higher price on the shelf, but it was at the price above when scanned. So if you find it, make sure you double check it. :)

btkadams

Shoppers is the best. Only thing is their non-sale prices for groceries and things tend to be kind of extravagant. But their sale prices are highly competitive and they have good deals every week.
Ok you were right ha. I looked at their flyer and then went to shoppers tonight. I bought a few things that were on sale and they ended up being cheaper than what I've paid elsewhere. I loaded those digital coupons onto my shoppers card for the first time too so I got more points too. It's neat! I'll be checking out their deals from now on.

jokkir

I still don't know if I should keep this SE for Breath of the Wild. The thing I would use the most is the case but it looks so tacky so I'd probably prefer a normal case. I just want the music CD but not sure if it's worth the extra 50$ 👎

Anyone else in the same position?

Holy FUCK. I bought that game for $50 when I was in the US because I figured it was a now-or-never situation. I've never seen it at my local Best Buy (their Nintendo selection was super barebones last I checked) so this is a big-time YMMV, but MAN did you get lucky on this.

Lexxism

I still don't know if I should keep this SE for Breath of the Wild. The thing I would use the most is the case but it looks so tacky so I'd probably prefer a normal case. I just want the music CD but not sure if it's worth the extra 50$ 👎

Yep, same here. I'm thinking of just getting biogenik travel case pro which cost $15. I still have till Monday to think about it.

Holy FUCK. I bought that game for $50 when I was in the US because I figured it was a now-or-never situation. I've never seen it at my local Best Buy (their Nintendo selection was super barebones last I checked) so this is a big-time YMMV, but MAN did you get lucky on this.

It was just sitting there on the shelf, already at a pretty decent price, I was surprised, even before seeing the ACTUAL price. o_O

CRA5H

I was in the same spot a week ago then I rewatched the video preview of the master edition during the treehouse. The case is pretty cool and the compartments inside are pretty good. If you aren't a fan of the art on the case then skip this and go with a normal one.

Seik

Banned

Ouch, I paid like 55$ for it recently, and it was USED. -_-

Probably dumb question:

You totally can, but there's going to be a lot of people on this thread who would really like that extra switch :<

Jashobeam

I got a feeling this is a false alarm. Nearly an hour up and there's still systems available? There's not even any limit on how many systems can be sold per order.

yea you can't even access their website, but the link works somehow, hopefully we didn't just get scammed by some hacker who now has our payment details lol

Luigi87

I know in the past Staples' website used to have what was called "phantom stock" where for some reason late at night, I think on Saturday, stock would show up for items that they don't have, and then they would send out cancellation emails the next day or so. I don't know if that was ever resolved.

Swhalen

I know in the past Staples' website used to have what was called "phantom stock" where for some reason late at night, I think on Saturday, stock would show up for items that they don't have, and then they would send out cancellation emails the next day or so. I don't know if that was ever resolved.
So will the order be cancelled ?

ArmageddB

Oh man ... I remember the HP Touchpad phantom stock. Good times.

Jinto

Amazon shipped the LOZ: Arts & Artifacts a few hours ago. I don't remember Amazon ever shipping anything to me on a Saturday. Estimated delivery is still a day late.

Phantom stock.

phantom_zpshebhruqv.jpg

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom