• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iced

Gah...kinda regretting giving away my Switch preorder in here. If anyone is looking to cancel theirs, please send me a PM and let me know when you're doing it so I can jump on it!

PFD

Not with how often you'll probably have to switch out the monitor to get the right one without an assload of bleed, etc.

And def not with ncix return and exchange policy.

This one is a VA panel, so it shouldn't have bleed issues

zroid

Banned
Just make more NES Classics.

Nintendo is wack. Why can't they just make more?

Didn't Kimishima say they were making more? Chalk it up to Nintendo being Nintendo that they were so undersupplied to begin with but probably in the coming months as the ramped up production gets out to distribution, they'll be more readily available.

Belickade

Neo Member
Holy shit, just came across a HUGE DEAL on a specific Wii U game, I'm email tagging it (quote to see) so you guys have a shot at it, it's at Best Buy and it's not on their site, I think JRPG fans might like it ;) Got the last copy I saw:

Anyone actually see this game in stock at the local Best Buy? Seems unlikely given it's no longer on their site.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Gah...kinda regretting giving away my Switch preorder in here. If anyone is looking to cancel theirs, please send me a PM and let me know when you're doing it so I can jump on it!
You made an order then changed your mind about wanting it then changed your mind again? Give it a week and you won't want it again.

AzerPhire

Any good deals or recommendations on a PC headset with a microphone? Looking to get one for my dad so we play Ghost Recon together. Budget is max $80.

mdubs

Banned
All this price toggling Amazon is doing for Switch games is making me sad that Prime members don't get to participate in all the fun :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You made an order then changed your mind about wanting it then changed your mind again? Give it a week and you won't want it again.
Yeah. I agree with fuzzface. Dude, just wait for them to be readily available in stores. Then take a look at the launch line up and see that there's only one "must play" on it and wait. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in stores a week or two after launch.

Haines

Banned
My wife has an in store toys r us preorder for switch.

I have no experience with them.
Is there any chance I don't get a launch day unit?

I have an in-store TRU preorder and online one from BestBuy.ca as a backup. TRU is PROBABLY fine but they way they did their preorders is really weird (which is why I sketched out and got my BB one as a backup). They essentially took a bunch of orders for a week and then were going to ask Nintendo for the required stock. That kinda freaked me out. I'm probably just being paranoid though!

zroid

Banned

Not that this will help you at all considering it happened 16 years ago, but I got my GameCube pre-order from Toys R Us on day one without any issue. :lol

RS4-

This one is a VA panel, so it shouldn't have bleed issues

Just monitors in general. I'd be comfortable with a place that has easy returns. And not some company that'll find a way to decline your return/exchange and then charge you when they agree to it.

Especially something that's $1500+

Haines

Banned
Well just hearing positive things and not negative has me feeling better.

Usually I actually just go stock searching week 1 but I'm too old for that shit now. Lol

Thanks yall

Sealtest

Most likely will come the week after launch Friday. Amazon isn't the best at console launches. I waited till Tuesday for the PS4 because the shipped it the day it released.

HEADS UP! The Iceman Video Games in Toronto will permanently close down on Wednesday Feb 22nd!

Was just told this today when I was there. They will be focusing now on their two locations in Lindsay and Peterborough in Ontario. If you have credit there, it won't expire, but I highly suggest if getting to the other two locations is not an option, then you should spend it while you can. Same goes for any pre-orders you still have. I would think they would just transfer over to wherever you want (not sure), but JUST to be on the safe side, pick-up any games you reserved but haven't picked-up yet.

schlew

My Xbox Live membership is ending in a couple of weeks. Any deal better than Costco? Thanks in advance.

I can't promise anything, but when my Gold subscription ended in mid-January, a "ring in the new year" promotion showed up in my Xbox One dashboard, offering a year's worth of Gold for $40 or so (may have been $34.99 + tax). No idea if the promo expired, as I couldn't find any mention of this deal outside my Dashboard.

JSR_Cube

I can't promise anything, but when my Gold subscription ended in mid-January, a "ring in the new year" promotion showed up in my Xbox One dashboard, offering a year's worth of Gold for $40 or so (may have been $34.99 + tax). No idea if the promo expired, as I couldn't find any mention of this deal outside my Dashboard.

Thanks. I checked the dashboard today and there were no deals yet. I will keep an eye out.

Not that this will help you at all considering it happened 16 years ago, but I got my GameCube pre-order from Toys R Us on day one without any issue. :lol

Got my Wii U on launch from them. No problems.

I got my N64 a few days before launch from them. So I am sure same thing will happen with the switch.

I got my Gameboy Color Day 1 from them. So you should have no problem.

Got my abacus from them on Day One no problem.

HEADS UP! The Iceman Video Games in Toronto will permanently close down on Wednesday Feb 22nd!

Was just told this today when I was there. They will be focusing now on their two locations in Lindsay and Peterborough in Ontario. If you have credit there, it won't expire, but I highly suggest if getting to the other two locations is not an option, then you should spend it while you can. Same goes for any pre-orders you still have. I would think they would just transfer over to wherever you want (not sure), but JUST to be on the safe side, pick-up any games you reserved but haven't picked-up yet.

That sucks. I got a ton of things from their booths at Fan Expo and Toronto Comic-Con over the years. Booooo.

That sucks. I got a ton of things from their booths at Fan Expo and Toronto Comic-Con over the years. Booooo.

They said they'll still pop up at expos (I think they specified Fan Expo also). But it's more of a "only bother if you're going anyway" and not just pay the fee for the sole purpose of getting whatever they may be offering. :p

They said they'll still pop up at expos (I think they specified Fan Expo also). But it's more of a "only bother if you're going anyway" and not just pay the fee for the sole purpose of getting whatever they may be offering. :p

Yeah, don't worry. That's what I usually did. Go to the convention for other stuff and then just pop by their wares while I was there. Good for them that they'll still be around in some form at least.

I was wondering if they'd be doing a clearance sale but if they're still doing cons and have the other two locations I guess they'd probably hold onto the stock they have.

Sealtest

So I told myself I wouldn't be sucked into the hype of Injustice 2 but watching Black Canary play has done it for me. So I have a few questions for someone who might know.

Does the ultimate edition really come with a steelbook? I only see Amazon.ca saying that and I know how inaccurate they can be sometimes.

Does EVERY preorder come with Darkseid DLC? I don't wanna hound Amazon for another dlc preorder code.

And is there anything to say this might come to the switch?

leeman

So I told myself I wouldn't be sucked into the hype of Injustice 2 but watching Black Canary play has done it for me. So I have a few questions for someone who might know.

Does the ultimate edition really come with a steelbook? I only see Amazon.ca saying that and I know how inaccurate they can be sometimes.

Does EVERY preorder come with Darkseid DLC? I don't wanna hound Amazon for another dlc preorder code.

And is there anything to say this might come to the switch?

Sounds like the ultimate version does indeed come with the steelbook and it doesn't appear to be retailer exclusive.

The Darkseid DLC does sound like it is retailer exclusive, sounds like Gamestop / EB only.

https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/727713/injustice-2-ultimate-edition

No info on Injustice 2 for Switch, but who knows in time :).

This article has some decent info on all this:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/injustice-2-release-date-editions-pre-orders/

Yeah, don't worry. That's what I usually did. Go to the convention for other stuff and then just pop by their wares while I was there. Good for them that they'll still be around in some form at least.

I was wondering if they'd be doing a clearance sale but if they're still doing cons and have the other two locations I guess they'd probably hold onto the stock they have.

Only of their used stock, BUT they have a "Buy 1 amiibo, get another 1/2 off" IIRC for new ones.

I think the used stuff was like "Buy 1 9.99 used game get one half off"? Can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom