• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly that's better than I thought it would be. I figured reference would be $999.99.

Nvidia and Amazon prices are good as it converts straight across to $940. Maybe the MSRP is $999 though or it could be a little pre-order gouge as computer part prices change nearly daily. The founders edition cards carry no cost premium this time over the third party cooler cards which is nice. My case doesn't cool so well currently and I plan on water cooling it so FE it was.

Vamphuntr

Nvidia is $920 CDN but $$$ Shipping and probably not duty
Amazon EVGA FE is $929 preorder
NCIX/MEMX seem to all be $999 preorder.

I tried to cancel nvidia to get it from amazon but was too slow. Mine will be here on Monday

It sold out quickly :(

Guess I'll wait for the EVGA or ASUS version with a custom cooler. Are you using a liquid cooling solution?

It sold out quickly :(

Guess I'll wait for the EVGA or ASUS version with a custom cooler. Are you using a liquid cooling solution?
Yup. I will run on air for a bit and then I would like to pick up a new case (Enthoo Evolv) in the summer time to build a custom loop. EK already has blocks for this card as it is basically the same as the titan x. My case currently cools poorly due to it being a silent case with two video cards so will be much nicer in the meantime.

killroy87

Nvidia is $920 CDN but $$$ Shipping and probably not duty
Amazon EVGA FE is $929 preorder
NCIX/MEMX seem to all be $999 preorder.

I tried to cancel nvidia to get it from amazon but was too slow. Mine will be here on Monday

That's exactly that the regular 1080s cost when they release. Seems like a fine price.

Vamphuntr

Yup. I will run on air for a bit and then I would like to pick up a new case (Enthoo Evolv) in the summer time to build a custom loop. EK already has blocks for this card as it is basically the same as the titan x. My case currently cools poorly due to it being a silent case with two video cards so will be much nicer in the meantime.

I'm planning on going from a 970 to this and all the benchmark I checked seems to show the card gets really hot. I'll probably do the same in the summer.

Socreges

Banned
Not sure how good a deal this is because I've never used this service before. It SEEMS good though.

Wait, what? Does that mean you can order $50 in groceries for $30?

If so they obviously want to push people to this format, likely because people are more likely to make impulse purchases online. Interesting.

krae_man

So apparently GTAV has a trade in value of $27 that doubles to $54.

Meanwhile it's currently on sale for $40 new at EB.

I wonder if anyone has tried repeatedly buying and trading for that $8.80 profit per transaction.

That's exactly that the regular 1080s cost when they release. Seems like a fine price.
Yup. I was budgeting around $1100 so this was a very nice price.

I'm planning on going from a 970 to this and all the benchmark I checked seems to show the card gets really hot. I'll probably do the same in the summer.
Yup. That is what I saw, some thermal throttling at times lowering the boost clock. I have an AIO now for my cpu but my H440 just doesn't vent well based on the design.

Ventara

Was able to move my Switch preorders to PS4 games today. One manager was giving shit to one of the employees for letting me do it even though there was nothing wrong with it. Screw him.

Anyways, the double up promo and the buy 2 get 1 free promo was pretty sweet. Traded in my Zelda Wii U that I got for $45 and picked up used but mint copies of DQ8, Kirby Robo and Mario Maker 3DS, each of which would have been $45 if not for these promo.

Anyways, while trading in, I got some weird info from the employee. I paid $1.50 extra when I was switching one of my trades and it seemed to be for tax. They told me that if I don't pay off a preorder in full with trades (my case was like $79.50 instead of $80) you have to pay tax on the whole order. Still didn't make sense since I paid $2.35. Whatever, it was a good promo and I didn't want to raise a fuss with the jerk manager there.

bryt

Domino's 50% off Mar 13-19th per RFD

mailer.jpg

Lexxism

lol. $30 for Nier. $5 less compared to bomberman. Geez. I was hoping it was $40 enough to buy me a Pro controller or a new game

i-Jest

I'm hoping this is just a result of them possibly making a new listing at the regular $50 MSRP with a proper prime discount on top of it rather than the shenanigans they were pulling where they were acting like $50 was a "sale price" rather than a drop in MSRP, therefore getting away with not giving out a full 20% discount.

But just in case they pull as "sorry, we're not carrying this title, so we've canceled your order", I made a preorder at bestbuy.ca (there are only 7 remaining now)

Just put in a preorder at both Amazon and Bestbuy. It'll be interesting to see a possible price increase and how others respond to that. Let's see where this goes.

4 remaining on Bestbuy.

zroid

Banned
apparently you can trade 1 qualifying title at EB to get the Zelda Season Pass for free

edit: min $12 value

can also get Snipperclips free

Kyolux

Got as base value:

Horizon $40
KH 2.8 $40
Watch Dogs 2 $23
LBP3 $5

So $216 after the doubled value. Almost 250 if you count taxes I'll save.

Pre-ordered Farpoint with the Aim controller, Nonary Games and Marvel VS Capcom Infinite (I'm gonna move this to Yakuza Kiwami most likely, just needed something further down the line).

I got a list of all PS4 games up for pre-orders printed out if you guys want to see.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire $40
Torment Tides of Numenera $54(Paid $31 due to prime glitch)

Super hyped got me a copy of Nioh finally and bought the gf a rapunzel funko because she loved it so w/e/

Porkepik

Thx eb after double value..

Fantasia xb1 10$
Bomberman switch 70
Bloodborne 18$
Just dance 2015 xb1 14$
Titanfall xb1 4$
Super smash bros 50$
Zombi u 10$
Lego city undercover 14$
Lego hobbit ps4 10$
Dark soul ps3 20$
Doom ps4 16$
Uncharted 4 34$

Ps3 titles for switch double trade
Lego batman 2 8$
Lego pirates of carribean 10$
Lego star wars 3 9$
Lego harry potter year 5-7 8$
Lego indiana jones 2 14$
Lego lord of the rings 10$

Oh yeah metal gear revengeance ps3 0.2 $ 😂

All in all paid the balance on mk8 switch
Pre ordered farpoint with aim controller, persona 5, kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5 and crash bandicoot. Pretty happy about it 😊

-Deimos

We went to AVX last night and the tickets were $14.50 each (surrey BC). Unless they just went up?

Or is it 3D AVX?

3D AVX used to be $16 at my local theater in the Toronto area. Still expensive but the increase is still annoying.

The price for regular went up by a dollar too.

eyesradar

Okay just came back from EB. Huge line-ups.
Here's my trade-in haul:

Final Fantasy XV PS4 - $24 x 2= $48
For Honor PS4 - $35 x 2 = $70
Mario Kart 8 - $22 x 2 = $44
GTA V PS4 - $27 x 2 = $54

My pick of placeholders are RDR2, GT Sport and MK8. Now I just hope the local EB would get some Switch stocks before April.
Fingers crossed.

Also Last Guardian is $22.5 x 2 = $45. So decided to keep it since I'm a Sony fanboy :p

UberTag

Traded in a bunch of crap I already had duplicates of on other platforms along with my price error copy of PS4 Torment because I don't have a clue when or if they can patch that thing.

Wound up with just over $400 in credit. I put it down against a 5-pack of game pre-orders but seeing how I have all of them blocked for less on Amazon thanks to Prime I'm beginning to think I should move that credit towards a PS4 Pro upgrade instead.

Iced

Any deals on a mouse? The old G500S is doing the 'read the single click as a double click' thing.

Have you tried contacting Logitech? They have excellent customer service. You might get a brand new mouse and not even have to send your old one in.

Have you tried contacting Logitech? They have excellent customer service. You might get a brand new mouse and not even have to send your old one in.

I dunno, I contacted them about a faulty mouse and they wouldn't do anything.

Then again I bought it 8 years ago.

Still, I even sent them a picture of the (very faded) receipt!

Luigi87

Got $40x2 for KH 2.8
Put it toward KH 1.5+2.5, so had $15 credit left over (due to tax-free pre-order), which I'll put to my existing MK8D pre-order.

Considering I originally paid $72 for KH 2.8 that worked out for me, lol
I'll rebuy 2.8 in the future after a price-drop.

liquidfox00

Neo Member
Hey CDN Gaf. I'm a little confused with the double trade in credit at EB and was wondering is someone could help me.

I see people trading games in for double credit and just putting the credit on edge cards but I was under the impression the credit was only doubled if put towards Switch stuff. Are all stores allowing trades regardless if you're pre-ordering Switch products for use on anything? Thanks.

Also just a shot in the dark because I can call a store to find out but does anyone know the current trade-in value of a 1tb PS4 fat? Just wondering. We have two and one doesn't get used and I was planning on using that credit towards a Switch when they are readily available.

Thanks again Gaf.

killroy87

Hey CDN Gaf. I'm a little confused with the double trade in credit at EB and was wondering is someone could help me.

I see people trading games in for double credit and just putting the credit on edge cards but I was under the impression the credit was only doubled if put towards Switch stuff. Are all stores allowing trades regardless if you're pre-ordering Switch products for use on anything? Thanks.

Also just a shot in the dark because I can call a store to find out but does anyone know the current trade-in value of a 1tb PS4 fat? Just wondering. We have two and one doesn't get used and I was planning on using that credit towards a Switch when they are readily available.

Thanks again Gaf.

Today only has a double credit day on all games, towards anything. That's only today, so hurry.

FN-2187

Thanks again Gaf.

This is a today-only deal that doesn't need to be for Switch stuff. The Switch deal is separate and lasts all month.

Edit: Too slow.

daftstar

EB I went to after work was literally empty...

Got $45 for Last Guardian and $48 for FFXV. Used that toward Mass Effect and Persona 5 pre-orders respectively. Will cancel the Amazon pre-orders now.

No_Style

Traded the following towards Mario Kart 8. TIV before doubling:

Gears of War 3 - $1
Mario Maker - $26
Killer Instinct S1 - $3
God of War 3 (PS3) - $0.50
Uncharted - $2
Uncharted 2 - $1
Uncharted 3 - $2
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) - $7
Halo 4 - $3
Gears of War 2 - $0.05
Gears of War - $0.05

Now I have $11.21 credit with them.

Aalvi

Thanks to those that brought the deal to my attention

Traded ghost recon wildlands for $35x2 = $70 Trade credit

Put towards Persona 5 and paid $11 difference.

This is great when you consider that I paid $39.50 for GR from Amazon.

around $50-51 which is better than my current 20% discount off 79.99 P5 on Amazon.

killroy87

Gears of War 3 - $1
Mario Maker - $26
Killer Instinct S1 - $3
Uncharted - $2
Uncharted 2 - $1
Uncharted 3 - $2
Halo 4 - $3
Gears of War 2 - $0.05
Gears of War - $0.05

you must have reaaaaally not wanted those games lol

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

Gears of War 3 - $1
Mario Maker - $26
Killer Instinct S1 - $3
Uncharted - $2
Uncharted 2 - $1
Uncharted 3 - $2
Halo 4 - $3
Gears of War 2 - $0.05
Gears of War - $0.05

come on man. At that price, you could have just donated those games to some kid

etta

my hard graphic balls
How the balls do you pay off the Best Buy financing?
I added Best Buy Desjardins to my payees and paid $10 to test it out but it went to the credit card portion and not the financing portion lols.

liquidfox00

Neo Member
Thanks so much everyone. I made it to EB in time, I had no idea the deal was only today haha.

BF1 $55
NHL 17 $55
Division $10 ??
Sniper Elite 3 $18 ????

Sniper being higher than The Division kind of blew my mind.

Going towards my eventual Switch purchase. Thanks all.

Lexxism

Gears of War 3 - $1
Mario Maker - $26
Killer Instinct S1 - $3
Uncharted - $2
Uncharted 2 - $1
Uncharted 3 - $2
Halo 4 - $3
Gears of War 2 - $0.05
Gears of War - $0.05

lol. Are you bored or something?

Luigi87

How the balls do you pay off the Best Buy financing?
I added Best Buy Desjardins to my payees and paid $10 to test it out but it went to the credit card portion and not the financing portion lols.

You can call them, but it will eventually go over to the financing automatically when the system goes to check if there is a payment needing to be made. It's a bit convoluted, but it does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom