• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

If the minimum $10 stacks with 2x for Switch stuff I might trade in The Order for $20 off the Zelda season pass.

Edit: oh wow RFD says they stack. Hope they still do when I get back.

Ventara

If the minimum $10 stacks with 2x for Switch stuff I might trade in The Order for $20 off the Zelda season pass.

Edit: oh wow RFD says they stack. Hope they still do when I get back.

Dammit, I shouldn't have given away my copy of The Order to my brother-in-law. Bought that for like $5 and didn't think it'd ever be worth jack at EB.

killroy87

Reading through the linked RFD thread, it seems like it. Looks like it stacks with the Switch double trade in too. Apparently, there's no end date and it's a permanent thing. Crazy.
There will be a catch at some point. Either way, I'm dumping some old shit tomorrow

X-Factor

Yes outdated sports games do work towards the EB promo yesterday.

Even games that should trade in for low value like Ground Zeroes (pre-lude to MGSV: TPP) were bumped up.

I put it towards Nintendo Switch game pre-orders for $20 each for the low value games.

saskuatch

Even games that should trade in for low value like Ground Zeroes (pre-lude to MGSV: TPP) were bumped up.

I put it towards Nintendo Switch game pre-orders for $20 each for the low value games.

Looks like I am finally getting rid of killzone shadow fall?

farisr

I had maybe like 2 games that would've benefited way more from this "Minmum $10" deal when I traded back in in january, but otherwise I'm good. It did kind of tempt me to trade in a couple of my other games, but nah, I'm keeping em. Even though one has shown up as a PS+ title and another is very likely to as well.

As long as it counts towards the double value for Switch stuff...

...sweet.

No_Style

So will any PS4 or Xbox One game qualify for the trade 1 for Zelda season pass or snipperclips with this $10 bump?

I had "no idea/completely forgot" that EB Games sells digital cards for Nintendo stuff. How much is Snipperclips and the Zelda Season Pass?

I'm going to dump most of my PS4 and X1 physical library towards Switch stuff:

Halo 5
Rare Replay
Metro Redux
Forza 5
Batman: Arkham Knight
Bloodborne

I have more but I only want Super Mario Odyssey which doesn't even appear to be listed on their site.

eyesradar

I had "no idea/completely forgot" that EB Games sells digital cards for Nintendo stuff. How much is Snipperclips and the Zelda Season Pass?

I'm going to dump most of my PS4 and X1 physical library towards Switch stuff:

Halo 5
Rare Replay
Metro Redux
Forza 5
Batman: Arkham Knight
Bloodborne

I have more but I only want Super Mario Odyssey which doesn't even appear to be listed on their site.

I'd keep Bloodborne unless you have the Old Hunter rerelease. This game looks and plays even better with the new "Beast Mode".

I can't seem to find the Trade 1 for Zelda Season Pass or Snipperclips on the EB Games website under their trade promotions.

What's the minimum trade in value for it?

GameStop USA is doing it, sucks Canada isn't.

Cause I know at some point I will cave and buy one so where else if I find it there first and then have a who'll mess of credit I'll have to find out things to spend it on.

I am curious how many places outside of toys r us (on friday) have gotten additional stock since launch. EB I visit told me they haven't had any once launch.

-SG

Anyone know where I can pick up BOTW for Wii U around Ottawa? Trying to get it for a friend's birthday on the 26th.

SickBoy

That $10 minimum is a great deal. I don't have anything that I immediately want to trade in, so I guess I'm out of luck on it, unfortunately...

killroy87

The $10 thing just confuses me. As a consumer it's great, but I have no idea how they plan to get away with giving out that much money for games like Ryse, FIFA 14, and whatever Just Dance came out at launch. They'll be flooded with garbage they'll never be able to sell.

Not complaining, just would love to know the fine print of the deal.

kennah

The $10 thing just confuses me. As a consumer it's great, but I have no idea how they plan to get away with giving out that much money for games like Ryse, FIFA 14, and whatever Just Dance came out at launch. They'll be flooded with garbage they'll never be able to sell.

Not complaining, just would love to know the fine print of the deal.

They could be nearing their fiscal year end. I wonder if they made too much profit and need some writeoffs.

Luigi87

Yeah I can see them writing off a bunch of those games, while also taking advantage of locking people into future sales with that credit.

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Anyone know where I can pick up BOTW for Wii U around Ottawa? Trying to get it for a friend's birthday on the 26th.

Can try the EB Games at Billings Bridge. I traded in an extra copy as part of the 2x TIV for Switch items a few days ago. Also saw a display case for a "new" copy on the shelf. Don't know whether that would be a sealed or gutted copy.

i-Jest

Can try the EB Games at Billings Bridge. I traded in an extra copy as part of the 2x TIV for Switch items a few days ago. Also saw a display case for a "new" copy on the shelf. Don't know whether that would be a sealed or gutted copy.

Are they ready disappearing in store?

Looks like I am finally getting rid of killzone shadow fall?

EB must have gotten thousands of copies of Killzone Shadow Fall due to this promotion. Mine got traded in there yesterday too...

Honestly, the double up for Switch stuff is what really makes this promotion broken if your store will do it. Better still, buying any Switch item makes everything double. 10 games @ $10 each, buy a $12.99 Switch screen protector, get $200 - 12.99 in credit.

At this end of the day though, this is still less crazy than that Best Buy trade anything in for a brand new game promotion a few years ago...

Ventara

EB must have gotten thousands of copies of Killzone Shadow Fall due to this promotion. Mine got traded in there yesterday too...

Honestly, the double up for Switch stuff is what really makes this promotion broken if your store will do it. Better still, buying any Switch item makes everything double. 10 games @ $10 each, buy a $12.99 Switch screen protector, get $200 - 12.99 in credit.

At this end of the day though, this is still less crazy than that Best Buy trade anything in for a brand new game promotion a few years ago...

oh, man, I remember that, lol. AC: Black Flag, BF4 and some CoD game brand new. and then EB had the switch to the PS4 version for $10.

Elitist1945

So while I've had the Mass Effect Trilogy for quite some time, I've never gotten around to finishing it so anyone wanna give me a tl;dr before Andromeda drops next week?

Kyolux

Is it that hard to come by? Wish you would have speak up earlier. I sold mine last Tuesday since I grabbed the digital version.

soultron

Banned
What in the shit? Is EB hurting for used stock that bad that they're offering $10 TIV for games that might sell used for less than that?

Sealtest

Question for anyone with Origin Access, To take advantage of the "trial" of ME Andromeda on the 16th do I need to already have the game preordered?

Want to see just how well my PC holds up before I pay for the PC version over the PS4 version I already have preordered.

Edit - After looking at the access page It looks like I can play it without preordering since it gives you 10% off if you decide you want the game.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

If they'll do it, yeah...they're not supposed to be allowing two different promos though.

N E R O

Thank you for sharing this,

I went to EB this morning and traded bunch of ps4 / xbox one games that i got a while ago, I had project spore and the rep said that they won't take it.

Also, if you trade towards Nintendo Switch games, they double the TIV, I traded 10 games in total, what worth of 100 $. and I got 200 $ TIV, ended up getting Bomberman, One two and Legend of Zelda for switch, paid 15$

killroy87

The trade in deal for Switch products is so frustrating, since they only have like 5 games available for preorder. And the dude harped on me like five times that the preorders were non-transferable and final sale.

I've read literally every piece of the terms and conditions listed on the website, and there is nothing there stating that I can't transfer the funds.

Worse comes to worse, the one-time satisfaction guarantee exchange should save me.

I just want to preorder other Switch games, lol. I'm not trying to fuck anyone over.

Traded in FF XV PS4, Mario Kart 8 WiiU, Tomb Raider PS4, CoD Wii U, and ME3 Wii U for about $120.

Using that for Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom