• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be hit or miss as some on RFD are reporting fine while others are being refused. I honestly don't understand how this isn't a universal yes or no.

It seems the system is doing it automatically, but they might have sent out a communication not to do it. If the store / CSR doesn't read it and manually stop it, it will work automatically.

It seems the system is doing it automatically, but they might have sent out a communication not to do it. If the store / CSR doesn't read it and manually stop it, it will work automatically.

I think i might be fine at EB nearest me cause the employees there are the most clueless i have ever dealt with.

The employee was legit shocked that my values got doubled when trading towards switch stuff. they thought something was wrong with the system.

though i also traded towards only switch stuff and plan to switch the money for switch console when they get one in stock so i may be in the clear anyway.

F4r0_Atak

So EB is cracking down on swapping your double value switch preorders to other stuff? I'm was going to change three switch games over to Neir and steam credit today.
Depends on who you get. Some people are sticklers for rules, others don't give a crap.

You have to be careful with this guys. It's not a matter of having people who are sticklers for rules. It's just how these trade-in promos' advantages are supposed to work, same applies to the "Get 40% extra credit with the Edge Platinum" promo. Whenever someone trades-in some games in order to use any of the trade promotions that boost their TIV on pre-orders of upcoming games, that full "boosted" credit has to stay on these pre-orders. Otherwise, if that same person was to cancel his pre-orders to use his credit later on, they would have to calculate the total boost you got with the trade-in promotion, remove that difference and put it on a gift card, which they have to send to their head office. Even the fine prints of those trade-in promotions clearly stipulates that, unless said new releases are eligible for the TI promo, they can only be used on pre-orders of select items (new releases of the past 2 weeks or Switch games/accessories).

CazTGG

Never saw any, all retailers I went to (BB, EB Games) only had plastic protectors.

Went the Amazon route before having my Switch, still don't have mine (Orzly), scheduled around March 24th-April 10th. Already scratched my Switch and sold it. :(

I'll be waiting for a restock and then I'll be fully equipped with my tempered glass and carrying case right out of the box.

That's disappointing. Unless a small shop I go to has them, the smudges and possibility of scratches will drive me crazy. Guess i'll go with whichever tempered glass protector will arrive earliest.

EDIT: Looks like this one will arrive the earliest. Anyone ever used a product by Caseology?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
You have to be careful with this guys. It's not a matter of having people who are sticklers for rules. It's just how these trade-in promos' advantages are supposed to work, same applies to the "Get 40% extra credit with the Edge Platinum" promo. Whenever someone trades-in some games in order to use any of the trade promotions that boost their TIV on pre-orders of upcoming games, that full "boosted" credit has to stay on these pre-orders. Otherwise, if that same person was to cancel his pre-orders to use his credit later on, they would have to calculate the total boost you got with the trade-in promotion, remove that difference and put it on a gift card, which they have to send to their head office. Even the fine prints of those trade-in promotions clearly stipulates that, unless said new releases are eligible for the TI promo, they can only be used on pre-orders of select items (new releases of the past 2 weeks or Switch games/accessories).

...So, in short, I should be fine as long as I move my placeholder preorders to other Switch games, right?

By the way, is it okay to let already-paid-off preorders "expire"? I have a bunch of placeholder Switch games paid off like Lego City Undercover, but I have no intention of playing it again, so can I just ignore the release next month and move that credit to other Switch games when they're added to their database eventually?

Lexxism

...So, in short, I should be fine as long as I move my placeholder preorders to other Switch games, right?

By the way, is it okay to let already-paid-off preorders "expire"? I have a bunch of placeholder Switch games paid off like Lego City Undercover, but I have no intention of playing it again, so can I just ignore the release next month and move that credit to other Switch games when they're added to their database eventually?
I remember asking this. He said they won't do anything on the credit since it is ours. The credit will stay there until we do anything on it. The only time you will lose your pre-tax is when you put it on your edge card. This is what at least they told me.

BadWolf

Finished Horizon, the game is AMAZING. It's just pure quality in every aspect, from the visuals and world to the characters, story, gameplay and music.

Started Nier 2 yesterday and so far so good, my hopes are high for this one too.

With these two now shipped I think this ends my pre-order release blitz for now. All the other pre-orders I have (Death Stranding, FF7R, Kingdom Hears 3, God of War 4 etc.) all don't have release dates.

Been a crazy last few months, playing Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian, Resident Evil 7, Horizon and Nier 2 one after the other has been quite the experience.

Reddaye

Banned
Sold out in less than a minute on Best Buy lol.

I didn't feel like spending the money for one right now, so I just F5'd to see how long they'd be in stock.

Reddaye

Banned
Must've just been stock from someone cancelling an order? Showing out of stock.

Edit: read a couple of posts. Sweet Jesus, that was fast. Were there any neons?

Neons were what I was watching. Went from no limit remaining, to 16 remaining, to 2 remaining, to 0 in a matter of about four or five F5's.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
$60 towards Switch games for COD Ghosts, Ryse and Killzone. Feels like I'm scamming them.

I don't get it either, the only thing that made less sense was that trade-in deal FS/Best Buy had back in 2013 where you could bring any game in for the Ghosts, Black Flag and Battlefield 4.

I brought in four games yesterday, which I was going to put towards 1-2 Switch until the CSR at EB suggested they would then place the remaining credit on a gift card. With that game being $64.99 I opted for the cheapest Switch accessory I could find instead (Joy-Con strap) and bounced.

I don't get it either, the only thing that made less sense was that trade-in deal FS/Best Buy had back in 2013 where you could bring any game in for the Ghosts, Black Flag and Battlefield 4.

I brought in four games yesterday, which I was going to put towards 1-2 Switch until the CSR at EB suggested they would then place the remaining credit on a gift card. With that game being $64.99 I opted for the cheapest Switch accessory I could find instead (Joy-Con strap) and bounced.

How are you enjoying your joy-con strap?

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
How are you enjoying your joy-con strap?

Lots of unuse! It sits unopened in a drawer alongside the 2 straps that came with the console which also collect unused dust.

I would've preferred to pick up a more useful accessory, but I picked up everything I needed launch day and as others have mentioned that pre-order list for Switch games is mighty sad. EB could at least list Mario and it's odd how Switch Amiibos, don't count as Switch accessories.

Dazzler

anyone know when the $10 for trash promo ends at EB Games? Might bring in some crap tomorrow and pay off Mario Kart if it's still on-going

iiicon

I'm gonna add evolve and battleborn to their collection.

You monster.

Once I find my box for Monster Hunter Generations, I think I'll swap that for a BotW expansion pass. I'm not big on buying things sight unseen, but I've done all I can with this game and I can get good value for it, so why not.

Wasp14

I have a Switch so I've actually been using all the double credit on Switch games and accessories. I traded GTAV for Xbox One today (that I purposely bought to trade) for $54 and got $20 each for Destiny, Guitar Hero Live, NHL 16 and some others.

I think I've exhausted Switch stuff now and don't see any reason to trade more. This is an insanely hot deal.

My trades fully paid for:
-Swich Pro controller
-Hori screen protector
-Zelda Breath of the Wild
-Mario Kart 8
-1-2 Switch
-Lego City Undercover
-Hori Tough Carrying pouch

It's ridiculous lol

Can we trade a $10 game(with 20% bonus credits towards digital stuff/stuff from the march flier) for snipperclips/season pass?

Oh perhaps it needs to be $12 base value?

Robby322

I just got $411 for a bunch of garbage games with this EB trade in deal. I honestly don't understand how this helps EB Games in any way but I'll take it! So crazy.

Grimsen

I don't really want a switch, but have enough games I'm not going to play again/any time soon to get it for free.

My local ebgames isn't picking up when I call them. I want to know what my options are. (Transferring preorders toba Switch purchase when it comes I stock;or getting the trade value on a card; or tough luck wait until it's in stock)

Ugh, guess I'd have to drive there.

Is today the last day to get 20% off Horizon ZD with Prime? Debating whether not to pull the trigger as my hands are still full with Zelda.

No_Style

Went back to my local EB and traded towards Snipperclips and Zelda DLC. Every game scanned in at $10 TIV each but increased to $12 once he added the Switch digital stuff. Then the Edge Platinum increased it to $13.

You monster.

Once I find my box for Monster Hunter Generations, I think I'll swap that for a BotW expansion pass. I'm not big on buying things sight unseen, but I've done all I can with this game and I can get good value for it, so why not.
Generations is worth like 40 under the double credit man don't swap it for the season pass look for something else so you don't lose out on that extra dosh.

Grimsen

That was you lol??

Sorry!

;)

It was worth it.

Traded TLOU (12$) straight up for snipperclips.

The rest of my trades came to 390$. I bought Zelda and they put the rest on various preorders, which they assured me I'll be able to transfer to a console purchase once they have some in stock.

And now, the wait begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom