• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an email that Amazon.ca fixed the cancellation of Tales of Berseria Collector's Edition. You have to re-order from the link in the email.

Good because I was looking at eBay to get a copy.

No_Style

Thanks. So it's sold by another company but shipped by amazon--does that mean I might get a counterfeit copy still?

Also thanks for the heads-up everyone about VGP. That's pretty worrying.

Yes. There's a chance but since there are seller ratings and you can actually get Amazon.ca to help with disputes, the chances of it happening are low. I've dealt with several third party sellers and they've all been super helpful with resolving issues.

KarmaCow

Sorry to add the deluge of shipping talk but does anyone have experience with Direct Canada? I ordered a video card from them on Friday and it's been stuck at the preparing to ship status since then even though the card seems to be in stock on their site. I'm just wondering if this is typical for them or Black Friday backlog related or something abnormal. I was hoping to get the card this week but at this rate it doesn't even look like it will start shipping this week. :(

frequency

Wow thanks for the heads up about VGP.
I knew about the hack from years ago but not that it's still happening... I don't care if PayPal is safer with them, how can anyone do business with a company that has such disregard for their customers safety?

I was going to buy from them too. I guess I'll buy from Shopville on Amazon as was suggested in a earlier post. I thought Steins Gate 0 was VGP exclusive so hopefully I actually get the correct region version of the game... I see some of Shopville's reviews mention getting the wrong region for stuff. But I'd rather take this risk than shopping at VGP.

Ventara

Just wanted to do a shout out and say a big THANK YOU to tiijj for meeting up with me today and giving me his copy of FF15 for $40. You're awesome!

justinluey

Neo Member
What's up with all the same generic replies on Kijiji?

"Hi, I'm interested. Please contact me if this is still available."

I had like 5 people message me the exact same thing today. Same punctuation and everything. Is there like a quick reply or something I don't know about? I didn't reply to any of them just to be on the safe side.

That's one of the 3 options when responding in the mobile app.

Finally got my Xbox One S from that MS Store Black Friday sale and am confused as to where that $50 credit is. I have no download codes that I can use and it's not been added to my account and it's not on a card or something similar that came in the box...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
got Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Twilight Princess HD from BB already. bless <3

Same got my #TMS.

My dad watched the courier drop off the package and he goes "they just chucked your package at the door". I was reminded of this thread, laughed and said yeah they do that sometimes.

Question: will I enjoy SMT IV: Apocalypse on 3DS? Never played an SMT game before.

I really loved persona 4 golden, my first atlus game :) and now an all time fav, also love ffx, chrono trigger, fire emblem awakening, that sort of rpg.

But similarly I dont like pokemon (to this day i still don't understand it), bravely series, nor monster hunter.

Yasumi

Banned
Question: will I enjoy SMT IV: Apocalypse on 3DS? Never played an SMT game before.

I really loved persona 4 golden, my first atlus game :) and now an all time fav, also love ffx, chrono trigger, fire emblem awakening, that sort of rpg.

But similarly I dont like pokemon (to this day i still don't understand it), bravely series, nor monster hunter.
It's a sequel to SMT IV, so you might be pretty lost on some major plot points.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Its a lot closer to Pokemon than P4G. You have to recruit enemies to your side to build your team and there's a negotiation system in place to recruit demons.

Its a very good game but so is Pokemon and if you didn't enjoy that.... Look up some gameplay trailers maybe?

Aske

Finally got my Xbox One S from that MS Store Black Friday sale and am confused as to where that $50 credit is. I have no download codes that I can use and it's not been added to my account and it's not on a card or something similar that came in the box...

It'll be emailed to you 10 days after the date of purchase. I'm also a new Black Friday Xboner - would anyone happen to know if the credit can be used in the Xbox Live shop? Presumably if it's only for the physical MS Store I can use it to buy an Xbox Live gift card? Planning to use it on Killer Instinct.

Oh shit, I thought amazon wasn't going to honour the 30% off preorder price for FF15 since they dropped it to $49.99 back during E3 but apparently I was wrong. My receipt says it came out to $39.52

Stalwart

I'm tempted to buy SO5 since I loved 3 and 4 but I heard 5 was ass..

To many people 3 and 4 were ass, especially the latter. They never dipped below 60 on Meta like 5 has though so unless you're really looking for it I'd wait for a lower price.

bryt

I loved 3 and 4 for the combat. I honestly just skipped all the story parts for those two games lol. Does SO5's combat hold up?

imBask

Banned
I'm tempted to buy SO5 since I loved 3 and 4 but I heard 5 was ass..

I kinda liked it but I wouldn't recommended even at that price, it's not a very good game

unless you have NOTHING else to play, then yeah I guess go for it

I loved 3 and 4 for the combat. I honestly just skipped all the story parts for those two games lol. Does SO5's combat hold up?

it's terrible IMO but the only other SO game I had played was first departure

Pretty disappointed with Amazon this time around. With every single pre-order I've made before, I've gotten the game the day after launch. This time FFXV hasn't even shipped yet. It's "on time" and set to ship out tomorrow so I should get it on Monday.

N° 2048

Pretty disappointed with Amazon this time around. With every single pre-order I've made before, I've gotten the game the day after launch. This time FFXV hasn't even shipped yet. It's "on time" and set to ship out tomorrow so I should get it on Monday.

Don't do this to yourself, just go to BB and return the Amazon one to BB so you can play during the weekend.

chimster

Anybody still waiting for their Final Fantasy preorder from bestbuy? It says it was shipped by Canada Post on the 29th but it has been stuck in processing since then.

whitehawk

Banned
Anyone know what the best/cheapest place to get a Nexus 4 digitizer replaced?

Last time I went to a place by jones/danforth and it cost me $50, would be great if there was a cheaper place somewhere.

Anybody still waiting for their Final Fantasy preorder from bestbuy? It says it was shipped by Canada Post on the 29th but it has been stuck in processing since then.

Mine's supposed to be delivered today. Canada Post has been hammered a bit lately, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I only got an update about it late yesterday evening (also shipped on the 29th).

N° 2048

Last time I went to a place by jones/danforth and it cost me $50, would be great if there was a cheaper place somewhere.

Sadly it might be time to let go.

I tried to find Nexus 4 parts last year and was constantly told they are impossible to get and I'd be better off buying a new phone.

I got a Moto E2 Second Gen
but....don't get the Moto E2 Second Gen -.- it's slow as molasses.

eBay? That's where I found my replacement power switch mechanism.

edit:

So this Best Buy/Amazon swap thing works? Spoke with an Amazon rep and they told me they didn't get enough copies so that's why mine hasn't shipped.

Clive

eBay? That's where I found my replacement power switch mechanism.

edit:

So this Best Buy/Amazon swap thing works? Spoke with an Amazon rep and they told me they didn't get enough copies so that's why mine hasn't shipped.

How it works from what I understand:
Buy the game at Best Buy, save the receipt.
Open the game and play it.
When your sealed copy from Amazon arrives, return it together with the receipt to BB for a refund claiming it's the copy you bought at BB. They will not know the difference between the Amazon copy and the BB copy. I mean you are creating a little extra work for the employees but it's very minor so it's not some big scam.

Firestar

How it works from what I understand:
Buy the game at Best Buy, save the receipt.
Open the game and play it.
When your sealed copy from Amazon arrives, return it together with the receipt to BB for a refund claiming it's the copy you bought at BB. They will not know the difference between the Amazon copy and the BB copy. I mean you are creating a little extra work for the employees but it's very minor so it's not some big scam.

And they pay fees to charge you and process the refund. I know they're a large corporation and stuff, but it's still ethically questionable imo

N° 2048

And they pay fees to charge you and process the refund. I know they're a large corporation and stuff, but it's still ethically questionable imo

Holy shit don't start with this again, we had a huge discussion last thread or a few threads ago.

Just don't do it a local mom and pop shop, that's all. BB can eat the fees. They can get the money from their overpriced fraud repair service GeekSquad that rips off countless of innocent people into paying insane amount of money for a guy coming to your house and connecting your HDMI cable.

It's not ethically questionable, imo.

whitehawk

Banned
Sadly it might be time to let go.

I tried to find Nexus 4 parts last year and was constantly told they are impossible to get and I'd be better off buying a new phone.

I got a Moto E2 Second Gen
but....don't get the Moto E2 Second Gen -.- it's slow as molasses.
Well, I have a different phone. I just figured it'd be fun to fix it so I can install CM14 on it and keep it as a backup phone.

antibolo

Banned
Had another chat with Amazon customer support, they opened a replacement order, estimated delivery time next Monday.

Good thing I'll be away from home this weekend, so I wouldn't have had time to play FFXV anyway...

I just seriously hope they won't give it to Intelcom again!

Clive

I don't think they do actually if the refund is handled properly. Pay with cash if that part of it bothers you. It's still a little bit of handling, wear and tear on their store and receipts but it's very minor. I haven't done it but I wouldn't feel bad about it as long as I was a good customer for them in general. Sure, it's "wrong" but at a low cost.

Had another chat with Amazon customer support, they opened a replacement order, estimated delivery time next Monday.

Good thing I'll be away from home this weekend, so I wouldn't have had time to play FFXV anyway...

I just seriously hope they won't give it to Intelcom again!

You know they will :)

BadWolf

Anyone here order PC parts from NCIX and have them assemble the PC?

I just got a shipping notice and for some reason it has been shipped in two separate packages instead of one. I figured it would be one since it should be fully assembled.

Is the second shipment for the empty packaging of the components that they assembled?

daevv

Thanks to the ones who posted about the NES Classic restock the other day on Bestbuy! Got my order through and got a shipping notice this morning. Now to hunt down an extra controller. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom