• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone else here who's $90 Switch (aka Mario Kart) still hasn't shipped as of yet?

I'm wondering if I should just let it sit there or just contact customer service to cancel it. I mean, they did charge my CC for it (and $90 is a lot of money), and according to the site, it was supposed to have been delivered by today.

Is there anyone else here who's $90 Switch (aka Mario Kart) still hasn't shipped as of yet?

I'm wondering if I should just let it sit there or just contact customer service to cancel it. I mean, they did charge my CC for it (and $90 is a lot of money), and according to the site, it was supposed to have been delivered by today.

Mine hasn't shipped yet and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Probably best to contact customer service. I'm gonna do that tomorrow if I don't hear anything from them.

BRKsEDU

Neo Member
Saw a bunch of Nintendo Switches (most Neon) in Hamilton. Walmart at Upper James / Fennell (call before driving to make sure they're still available).

kinger

Mine was also supposed to arrive today but was charged and not shipped.

gillty

Banned
About that BestBuy Switch... ��
bestbuys1uvz.png

I actually wanted the Switch, so $50 off the next time one pops up is great lol.

Wow $50?

Edit: that Pokken pad is a pretty good deal if you want a pro controller (with no gyro or NFC) for the Switch. I think they're $30 at Toys R Us.

NYR

About that BestBuy Switch... ��
bestbuys1uvz.png

I actually wanted the Switch, so $50 off the next time one pops up is great lol.
Wow, that is amazing customer service since 99% of the people who ordered were trying to exploit the glitch.

Nope just waited it out. Was actually about to send a ticket in to cancel it considering a few of us have been posted bubblemailers of MK8.

Were you actually charged the $90 before they sent you this? I'm wondering since I've yet to receive anything, and as far as I can tell, the order is still active.

Long shot, but if anyone gets an eCertificate with no plans to use it I'd love one. It's only fair after I've been jealously stewing after missing out on this glitch and not getting any of the Wal-Mart E3 pre-orders. :p

ARMS is very tempting and I'll definitely be picking up a Switch by the end of July for Splatoon 2. Haven't picked up any of the current gen consoles yet and I thought 70$ games for Wii U was bad.

What's the best way to get amiibo's these days? I can't find any sites that even take preorders for them anymore. I want to get the Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword Link that come out on Friday. Do they even stock them in store anymore?

gillty

Banned
Were you actually charged the $90 before they sent you this? I'm wondering since I've yet to receive anything, and as far as I can tell, the order is still active.
Yes, I had a pending charge for the game + tax, the order remains 'in progress' in the order status page. I would assume everyone will receive an email over the next day.

Kyolux

Yes, I had a pending charge for the game + tax, the order remains 'in progress' in the order status page. I would assume everyone will receive an email over the next day.

I wonder what's the plan for those that received MK8 and the amiibo.

Just checked tracking. Damn Best Buy and their no safe drop. Will have to drive around town to pick everything up.

leeman

What's the best way to get amiibo's these days? I can't find any sites that even take preorders for them anymore. I want to get the Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword Link that come out on Friday. Do they even stock them in store anymore?

Majora's Mask Link is BestBuy exclusive, you might be able to hunt one down by refreshing the page every once in a while and hope someone cancels, otherwise sold out. They have stated there will be none in store, but they have been wrong before.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...nd-of-zelda-link-majora-s-mask/10671260.aspx?

Skyward Sword Link is Amazon exclusive and it's pretty likely they will put up more stock on Friday. Otherwise currently sold out.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06ZZ6FKGF/

One is Amazon exclusive, one Best Buy, one EB. Only EB will have them in store on Friday. Otherwise, refresh the pages and hope they have more stock after Friday.

gillty

Banned
I wonder what's the plan for those that received MK8 and the amiibo.

Just checked tracking. Damn Best Buy and their no safe drop. Will have to drive around town to pick everything up.
Was it shipped Canada Post? Take it to a post office and do a return to sender.
If you take it back to a BestBuy store I wouldn't expect anything in return.

Kyolux

Was it shipped Canada Post? Take it to a post office and do a return to sender.
If you take it back to a BestBuy store I wouldn't expect anything in return.

Purolator for MK8. Amiibo was CP.
Going to wait for them to email me about the switch part cancellation.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I can't help but laugh when I see a post like this.

NYR

Long shot, but if anyone gets an eCertificate with no plans to use it I'd love one. It's only fair after I've been jealously stewing after missing out on this glitch and not getting any of the Wal-Mart E3 pre-orders. :p
Are...are you begging for money? Wow.

Kyolux

Wtf.. I can only pickup MK8 during work hours and they're not opened during weekend and way out of town opposite direction from work.

Are...are you begging for money? Wow.

I feel a bit like an idiot because my brain translated eCertificate into some kind of Nintendo Switch coupon, that's the only reason I thought someone might not intend to use it. You lucky SOBs hold onto those tight!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1355415.
- I don't need a thank you message
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bellator NYC: Sonnen vs. Silva Avatar Bundle -- MB-5B25EF014CCBFBFD
MLB The Show 17 E3 2017 Exclusive Pack -- MB-DCCC0EE2053CAA94 - Taken by BigJonsson
NBA 2K17 In-Game Loot -- MB-5D8B9D3DF2980988
Overwatch Gold Lootbox -- MB-FCA86F41A29A37A2 - Taken by Fix-It Felix, Jr.
First two are PSN codes. The other two are in-game codes available on any platform. The NBA 2K17 promotion is not available on Xbox 360 or Playstation 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom