• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a quick check of new video game releases to see if Amazon really did kill the two-week Prime post-release discount or not. Results are inconclusive but lean towards "no, the discount is still in place."

Still has Prime discount:
God Wars: Future Past (June 20)
Dead By Daylight (June 20)
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood (June 20)
Final Fantasy XIV 4.0 Complete (June 20)
MXGP 3 (June 20)
Cave Story+ (June 20)
Cars 3 (June 13)

Missing Prime discount:
Ever Oasis (June 23)
Cities: Skylines (Xbox One) (June 20)
ARMS (June 16)

It's worth noting that the Cities: Skylines Xbox One version may never have had the discount applied; Elite Dangerous Legend Edition for Xbox One is also missing the discount, and hasn't been released yet.

Ever Oasis and ARMS are the only two obvious cases where the Prime discount used to exist and now no longer does. I don't yet know if it means anything that both were published by Nintendo. Regardless, this doesn't seem like a real trend yet.

Jinto

Mega Man Legacy collection 2 and Sine Mora EX also don't have the prime discount. I feel like they were put up for pre-order awhile ago.

Mega Man Legacy collection 2 and Sine Mora EX also don't have the prime discount. I feel like they were put up for pre-order awhile ago.

I believe it's only been a week and a bit since it went live (just after E3) so I'm guessing another week till we get thay discount... I hope.

Krammy

So what's up with Prime discounts being honoured after your subscription ends?

A year back, I had a Prime trial that ended, and the orders which shipped after it had ended didn't have those discounts honoured. Back in March a friend tried the same thing, and after their Prime trial ended, the discounts on their orders were still honoured. I decided to get a Prime trail again recently so I could order Dragon Ball FighterZ at discount, but I see in the fine print it says:

Customer must have an active free trial or paid Prime subscription at the time of placing an order and the time of shipment to receive offer.

Which makes me think it won't be honoured just like the last time I tried this.

Why are some people having their discounts honoured after their subscription runs out while I can't seem to?

Haines

Banned
What part of prime did amazon actually remove for gamers aside the toy stuff?

Ill always have prime. I use the show service and free 2 day shipping is always on stuff i want.

Im assuming SNES classic wont have preorders again bc its a toy and not a console or whatever?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone want an Alan Wake American Nightmare GOG code? Quote this post and I'll PM.

Ever Oasis and ARMS are the only two obvious cases where the Prime discount used to exist and now no longer does. I don't yet know if it means anything that both were published by Nintendo. Regardless, this doesn't seem like a real trend yet.
Both games went out of stock, so I'm not sure if that breaks their system somehow.

Iced

Fool, deals do not wait for those that rest! We must persevere into the darkest hours, no matter the cost.

twSC39g.jpg

Ready

I'm thinking if I miss out on amazon I'm gonna hit up wal-mart as soon as they open on the 29th. I live in a town of about 15,000 so the chances of a lineup are slim. Even then they're likely to get a couple and nobody knows what pre-orders are around here.

chrono01

Stepped away for an hour. Did I miss the mini SNES?
Can't miss something that likely won't exist in our Country.

:(

But seriously, has there been anything to indicate this thing in Canada? None of them major websites seem to even acknowledge its existence. At least put a product page up for it!

Socreges

Banned
Can't miss something that likely won't exist in our Country.

:(

But seriously, has there been anything to indicate this thing in Canada? None of them major websites seem to even acknowledge its existence. At least put a product page up for it!
Common sense....just be patient

chrono01

Common sense....just be patient
I know, I was mostly joking.

That being said, it's still super frustrating as of late how all Nintendo products are added late to Canadian websites, especially ones of a limited nature. If something is going to scarce (which we all know the SNES Classic will be, as well as the Metroid Samus Returns CE announced several weeks back), I want to get my pre-order in ASAP. Having to wait weeks, constantly checking in, hoping that they'll add it so we can pre-order, is stressful. It's not just the SNES Classic, it's been like this for a while (at least when it comes to Nintendo products). I don't want to start every day, clicking this thread with baited breath that I didn't miss the narrow pre-order window while I slept. Make me suffer a day, not several weeks at a time.

Granted, the SNES Classic could go up for pre-order in the next 12 hours, but honestly it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we had to wait a week for it (maybe more). It'll be even worse if they open the pre-orders without any mentioned time-frame, as I really can't see myself staying on top of this for the next several days.

Just let me pre-order it, or at least give me a time as to when to expect I'll be able to. All of this silence isn't good for the psyche, haha.

Waterdrop

Canadian Deals GAF Discord V1.0 is go! (Quote to reveal Link)

Now features:
  • Custom Notifications (Divided by Console/Theme/Hunt)
  • Provincial Rank/Role notifications (For retail store offerings in your area)
  • Full mobile support & push notifications.
  • More Bot Features coming soon.
If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, please contact us through discord or reply to this post.

I am here

Yes, I know some larger ones got stock around launch and it still appears in their flyers every couple of months. Good luck finding one, though -- my local one got like one unit (but still sells 3 Switch games).

I'll try to keep an eye on the one by my house, they have a reasonable selection of gaming stuff!
Thank you!

frequency

Wake up and see wow so many unread messages in #snes-hunt, I must've missed it.

Go in and it's just a few people chatting it up all evening.

For some reason I don't see all the discussions I am subscribed to on the discord. I added PS4 and Xbox deals but don't see them on my list.

For some reason I don't see all the discussions I am subscribed to on the discord. I added PS4 and Xbox deals but don't see them on my list.
I don't think there are specific channels for those. When you subscribe to a "Role" like Switch Deals or PS4 Deals, it will notify you when someone mentions that specific role.

For example, if someone is in the Deals Talk channel and posts, "Mass Effect: Andromeda is $5 on PSN @PS4 Deals" it will notify you that there is a PS4 deal being discussed in that channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom