• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

CazTGG

So...Amazon (US) sent me a code for Pokemon Silver today... I don't have my 3DS on me but if I input it now, will I be able to download/play it when I use it or do I have to wait until Thursday night?

THGW8vp.png

Trying to finish Metroid and Dishonored in a week to do the satisfaction return at EB for full credit back.

Then I need to finish Prey and Destiny 2 before the end of the month so I can do the double tradein.

Phew. So many quality games releasing week after week. Its been a mammoth of a year for quality game releases and its not even close to over.

October 27 is gonna be insane:

Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein 2
Assassins Creed Origins

All on the same day. Lord give me strength to demolish this backlog.

All 3 of those look to be really good too, I'm also going for D2 on PC on the 24th so that week is stuffed. Then CoD for the campaign and battlefront 2 gahhhh

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Any good deals on electronic shavers out there? Any recommendations on one under a $100/or so.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Amazon shipped Marvel V Capcom

Trying to understand when Amazon ships pre-orders makes my head hurt
Amen. My MvC:I just shipped too.

Both Destiny 2 and MvC:I gave me an estimate over a week away. Destiny shipped 6 days later and MvC:I shipped the day before. Overwatch shipped the day before too, so it can't just be that they high demand for Destiny 2 but not MvC:I or something lol

DJ_Lae

Other than actually being able to get a Switch, the bundle strikes me as a particularly bad deal. You get an $80 digital copy of the game (where the physical would be cheaper via Amazon) and an overpriced $20 case.

The red is nice, but $500 is insane.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Other than actually being able to get a Switch, the bundle strikes me as a particularly bad deal. You get an $80 digital copy of the game (where the physical would be cheaper via Amazon) and an overpriced $20 case.

The red is nice, but $500 is insane.

Amazon physical copy: $80 - 10% Prime + 13% tax = $81.36

EB digital copy = $80

So no, physical isnt cheaper technically unless you live in Alberta and only pay 5% tax.

Be glad they're not overpricing this for being branded like the Splatoon 2 and XC2 pro controllers costing $10 more.

kevin1025

Banned
So at this point if i want to buy a Switch in 2 weeks i should have no problem right?
In Ontario

Any time before Mario, I think it will be a little easier to find. I've seen them in Wal-Mart twice now in the past month! They usually put out a good chunk of them in time for a release, so hopefully Pokken helps put them out there and you can find one still in two weeks.

But once Mario hits, unless they really push more units out there, it's going to be rough.

zroid

Banned
Nintendo is the company that sells limited edition hardware for new software releases without the game included

they're certainly not going to release an actual "bundle" that offers any sort of discount

Any time before Mario, I think it will be a little easier to find. I've seen them in Wal-Mart twice now in the past month! They usually put out a good chunk of them in time for a release, so hopefully Pokken helps put them out there and you can find one still in two weeks.

But once Mario hits, unless they really push more units out there, it's going to be rough.
Im likely just going to order one or buy one online and pick up in store, I just want there to be stock. Its the first thing im buying after I finish my PC next week.

Hmmmm so Marvel v Capcom is reviewing not well (lots of 7's), certainly not worth $80. Thinking of changing the paid-in-full EB preorder to either Skyrim (Switch) or Shadow of War (Ps4). Which one is a better choice?

Just bought Skyrim for $8 on my 2012 PC to try it out and the first 60 minutes were fun but not BOTW fun. I could see it getting really good, being over 100 hours and seems Game of Thrones-like. Love that it's portable.

Or Shadow of War. Didn't care much for the first at all, but loved WB's last game Arkham Knight and I respect that they are showing SO MUCH content on YouTube. Videos look amazing. Transparency is a good sign, no?

So....could use your opinions...Shadow or Skyrim?

Okay, I highly recommend anyone in Toronto looking to trade-in games to give Game Shack a shot, their values (before elgible offers) are FAR better than EB Games.

Examples:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
EB = $15
Game Shack = $29

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
EB = $15
Game Shack = $29

Animal Crossing amiibo Festival (Wii U)
EB = $4
Game Shack = $12

AND... they have a 10% off pre-order offer on games as long as it's over a week away (I couldn't get Pokken DX or DB Xenoverse 2 due to that, mrgrgrgr....).

Got Mario Odyssey pre-ordered for $71.99 with just $2 to spare since those three above came to $70.

Also they still take Wii, DS, and PSP games unlike EB. WipEout Pulse on PSP is $2 so I can just shave off that leftover bit.

Also Pokken Wii U is $15 at EB and $29 at GS. EDF 2025 360 is $23 at GS, I remember it being WAY lower at EB.

Immediately look into them if you're in downtown Toronto. I'll give them a shout tomorrow for a bunch of games I'm off-loading and I'll pop back in here with more numbers.

ahdurian

Okay, I highly recommend anyone in Toronto looking to trade-in games to give Game Shack a shot, their values (before elgible offers) are FAR better than EB Games.

Examples:

EB = $15
Game Shack = $29

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
EB = $15
Game Shack = $29

EB = $4
Game Shack = $12

AND... they have a 10% off pre-oirder offer on games as long as it's over a week away (I couldn't get Pokken DX or DB Xenoverse 2 due to that, mrgrgrgr....).

Got Mario Odyssey pre-ordered for $71.99 with just $2 to spare since those three above came to $70.

Also they still take Wii, DS, and PSP games unlike EB. WipEout Pulse on PSP is $2 so I can just shave off that leftover bit.

Also Pokken Wii U is $15 at EB and $29 at GS. EDF 2025 360 is $23 at GS, I remember it being WAY lower at EB.

Immediately look into them if you're in downtown Toronto. I'll give them a shout tomorrow for a bunch of games I'm off-loading and I'll pop back in here with more numbers.

Iceman Games was also good for this before they closed down their downtown locations.
Games I would've only gotten 30$ for at EB, I got 100$

Iceman Games was also good for this before they closed down their downtown locations.
Games I would've only gotten 30$ for at EB, I got 100$

YEP, really sad that they left us. :( Luckily they do offer free shipping on standard games (as in not big collector editions) if you email them and have credit left over.

Ventara

AND... they have a 10% off pre-oirder offer on games as long as it's over a week away (I couldn't get Pokken DX or DB Xenoverse 2 due to that, mrgrgrgr....).

Thanks for the heads up! Will check them out for the above 2 points. I'm not surprised though about the tivs. EB is pretty much done with 360 and WiiU. It's basically just PS4/X1/Switch for them now.

Hmmmm so Marvel v Capcom is reviewing not well (lots of 7's), certainly not worth $80. Thinking of changing the paid-in-full EB preorder to either Skyrim (Switch) or Shadow of War (Ps4). Which one is a better choice?

Just bought Skyrim for $8 on my 2012 PC to try it out and the first 60 minutes were fun but not BOTW fun. I could see it getting really good, being over 100 hours and seems Game of Thrones-like. Love that it's portable.

Or Shadow of War. Didn't care much for the first at all, but loved WB's last game Arkham Knight and I respect that they are showing SO MUCH content on YouTube. Videos look amazing. Transparency is a good sign, no?

So....could use your opinions...Shadow or Skyrim?

Shadow of Mordor is one of the worst game I've ever played so Skyrim I guess...

MvCi seems quite fun though.

Wow I think I got $30 (x2) for this at EB before the Switch came out. value tank.

I know, I didn't trade mine in because I filled out most of the pre-orders and didn't know at the time I could just retain and move pre-orders to other Switch games, I could've stocked up. :(

EB had SO few Switch games in their system, even past launch, so many were missing. Luckily most are present and accounted for, but not when it REALLY mattered. :(

CazTGG

Examples:

EB = $15
Game Shack = $29

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
EB = $15
Game Shack = $29

EB = $4
Game Shack = $12

Isn't that the sketchy store that sells bootleg ROMs for $40?

ElNino

I'm not sure if I've ever traded in with them before, but I used to buy a lot of stuff from them when I worked in the building (Atrium on Bay). Now, I rarely go that far up so I don't have much of a chance to stop in.

BubbaGum

Neo Member
Before I get rid of my Amazon Prime subscription, any movies or TV shows I should check out on Prime Video? Pickings are slim, but I got to watch some decent stuff (The Truman Show, the Godfather trilogy, Zodiac, all 6 seasons of Community, etc.)

Sealtest

Before I get rid of my Amazon Prime subscription, any movies or TV shows I should check out on Prime Video? Pickings are slim, but I got to watch some decent stuff (The Truman Show, the Godfather trilogy, Zodiac, all 6 seasons of Community, etc.)

man in the high castle is a good

WATCH COMMUNITY

At least the first two or three seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom