• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best guess, they are setting it at $99 so that they can drop it to more in line with what exchange rate is later since with today exchange, game could be $83.

Ventara

Best Buy has 4 Breath of the Wild Special Editions in stock online.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...ition-switch/10440800.aspx?&SearchPageIndex=1

A, fuck it, went ahead and ordered it. Will buy the game on Switch anyways when I get my console, and a good case is probably around $30. $20 for a map and soundtrack isn't bad. Thanks for the heads up.

My best guess, they are setting it at $99 so that they can drop it to more in line with what exchange rate is later since with today exchange, game could be $83.

The end is nigh.

justinluey

Neo Member
A, fuck it, went ahead and ordered it. Will buy the game on Switch anyways when I get my console, and a good case is probably around $30. $20 for a map and soundtrack isn't bad. Thanks for the heads up.

You're welcome and I don't think you'll regret it. It's probably the best Special Edition I've ever bought. The case is basically the same as the Blue Zelda one they sell for $40, plus it has the map, soundtrack, and coin. Even the box is really nice (if you have the room to display it (it's huge).

kevin1025

Banned
Super Mario Odyssey is now 99$ on both Amazon and Best Buy.. weird. :/

Yeah, I'm guessing Amiibo bundle as others have said. Glad I had it locked in at regular! Hopefully the $79.99 version gets put up before E3 deals, if any. If that's going to be the real price... yikes.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm glad I preordered Odyssey then. Even with a bonus, 99 dollars for a game is appalling. Remember 35 dollar 3DS games?

Wii and Wii U titles being cheaper was always nice. I think Xenoblade Chronicles X was the first to be $74.99, which was a surprise. But if it swings the other way and they're the pricier bunch, it's going to be a real rough go. Unless all games go $89.99 or $84.99. Then I'm going backlog only for a good while.

sikkinixx

Fate doesn't want me to get a PS4 Pro for less than full retail price. Ordered from the Staples error, hummed and hawed about going to BB/WM to price match but couldn't anyway due to a screaming baby then stores closed. Oh well, it was a long shot anyway.

Oh! Local mom n pop shop actually have a new PS4 Pro! And I have $200 worth of credit there from trading in a shit load of DVDs etc. Nice! Head down there, see it on the floor. Sweet. Or... not. Some older dude is there with his kids trading in about 300 PS2 games to buy it. Shiiiiiet.

Qwyjibo

Anyone ever see a PS4 Pro at Shoppers Drug Mart? I know it's always a total crapshoot with Shoppers and electronics but I'm not even sure if they carried them. My PS4 is still fine but 20x optimum points makes anything seem like a good deal.

Ventara

Fate doesn't want me to get a PS4 Pro for less than full retail price. Ordered from the Staples error, hummed and hawed about going to BB/WM to price match but couldn't anyway due to a screaming baby then stores closed. Oh well, it was a long shot anyway.

Oh! Local mom n pop shop actually have a new PS4 Pro! And I have $200 worth of credit there from trading in a shit load of DVDs etc. Nice! Head down there, see it on the floor. Sweet. Or... not. Some older dude is there with his kids trading in about 300 PS2 games to buy it. Shiiiiiet.

Not that it helps now, but you can also price match with BB online. Place the order and then give them a call to adjust. They'll refund the difference.

Porkepik

Anyone ever see a PS4 Pro at Shoppers Drug Mart? I know it's always a total crapshoot with Shoppers and electronics but I'm not even sure if they carried them. My PS4 is still fine but 20x optimum points makes anything seem like a good deal.
Mine comes from there on launch day. They currently have one at my SDM in boucherville

It's always worth asking. I find that Shoppers is not great at telling you they have video games; the one I bought Watch Dogs 2 from last year for $50 didn't even have any video game stuff out behind the counter, they had to dig through a drawer for it. Consoles might be a little different because those are bigger boxes and they don't necessarily have a place to put them, but you never know.

If a Shoppers doesn't sell video games, they'll tell you upfront and you can usually find out from them where the closest Shoppers that DOES sell them is.

jayu26

There's nothing to do here so we buy games.
Not really. It is summer time, so there is plenty of outdoor activities. Even during winters you can join various clubs and activities if you live in a city. Club memberships are usually cheaper than buying video games as well. There is also books and movies. So plenty to do, but instead we buy overpriced games...

Clov

I'll probably be in Japan by the time Mario Odyssey releases, so I think I'll just pick up a copy there. Might save a bit of money if game prices end up rising over here again.

N° 2048

lol there's no fucking way that a regular Switch game is $99, that has to be an Amiibo Bundle.

or else I quit gaming.

lol there's no fucking way that a regular Switch game is $99, that has to be an Amiibo Bundle.

or else I quit gaming.

It's a repeat of what happened with TPHD and Pokemon Sun/Moon last year so it won't come out at that price.

I have no doubt that there will be an amiibo bundle or something though.

Stat!

Bought a Switch today. Ty all for your help in convincing me to spend money :p

Decided just to get the limited collectors edition of 1, 2 Switch. Are there any other games on the Switch worth playing?

Any cases you all reccommend?

I bought BOTW and MK8 plus a pro controller, a case, and a screen protector

Decided just to get the limited collectors edition of 1, 2 Switch. Are there any other games on the Switch worth playing?

?

Edit: And no that's obviously the only game worth playing on Switch.

Gitaroo

Canada in top 10 gaming revenue by country despite having the lowest population.

http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1373067

Irrefutable proof we're getting ripped off with these $80 game prices.

I think we should pay less for all the games that were developed in Canada that receive huge tax break from the our government. US publishers took advantage of the low dollar and tax break from our country, in return their games should be priced lower....

I think we should pay less for all the games that were developed in Canada that receive huge tax break from the our government. US publishers took advantage of the low dollar and tax break from our country, in return their games should be priced lower....

Hell yes, let's write our MPs.

Kyolux

Always was confused about this. Why are we getting the US price converted on games produced here. Well apart from the publisher being based over there.

Just Dance 2017.

Binding of issac is a bit pricy compared to othe rplatforms but it is a pretty great game on the go. though based on your pic, you may have played it to death already.

CazTGG

Hell yes, let's write our MPs.

Dear Justin Trudeau,

We pay too much for video games, can you lower the prices?

Love,
Gutter Everyone in Canada.

In all seriousness, the fact that almost all retail video games in Canada go for upwards of $80 ($64 if you have Amazon Prime) is outrageous and has lead to me spending far less on games than I otherwise would have. We don't just need lower prices, we need more flexible prices from publishers rather than the $50/handheld, $80/console rate that's expected at this point.

Kamiko's pretty fun.

trixx

You're welcome and I don't think you'll regret it. It's probably the best Special Edition I've ever bought. The case is basically the same as the Blue Zelda one they sell for $40, plus it has the map, soundtrack, and coin. Even the box is really nice (if you have the room to display it (it's huge).

The box is the most beautiful part imo and it's bigger than the switch box. I love the texture of it.

Kyolux

Dear Justin Trudeau,

We pay too much for video games, can you lower the prices?

Love,
Gutter Everyone in Canada.

In all seriousness, the fact that almost all retail video games in Canada go for upwards of $80 ($64 if you have Amazon Prime) is outrageous and has lead to me spending far less on games than I otherwise would have. We don't just need lower prices, we need more flexible prices from publishers rather than the $50/handheld, $80/console rate that's expected at this point.

Kamiko's pretty fun.

To be fair, we are getting a bunch of midrange priced games this year like Uncharted legacy and yakuza kiwami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom