• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xbudz

Just a reminder that there are 24 hours left to get Alan Wake before it gets delisted. $4.39 (90% off) is pretty good.

BHV9H5p.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15407/

Thanks. Amazing deal for under $5... shame it's being de-listed.

Stat!

My 2-3 day old Nintendo Switch errors with Breath of the Wild often. Like every few hours when I play.

Is this normal? I assume not but if it isn't, what should I do?...

i-Jest

My 2-3 day old Nintendo Switch errors with Breath of the Wild often. Like every few hours when I play.

What error message do you often get? Can it be identified by code or what have you? Have you looked on the Internet to see if it's been identified and documented?

Stat!

What error message do you often get? Can it be identified by code or what have you? Have you looked on the Internet to see if it's been identified and documented?

Honestly, Ive totally skipped over the error code. It just closes the software. I'll look out for it next time it happens.

frequency

So I decided I don't think the FE Echoes LE is worth +$30 just for a soundtrack and art sampler and some pins I'll never use. I think I'm going to cancel my BestBuy order. I'm not sure if this makes it available for others immediately. If it does, I'll be cancelling my order in 1 hour and hopefully someone here who wants it for themselves, not to scalp, can get it.

So I decided I don't think the FE Echoes LE is worth +$30 just for a soundtrack and art sampler and some pins I'll never use. I think I'm going to cancel my BestBuy order. I'm not sure if this makes it available for others immediately. If it does, I'll be cancelling my order in 1 hour and hopefully someone here who wants it for themselves, not to scalp, can get it.

What if I get it to resell at a higher price and pretend I'm doing everyone a favor? =3

Honestly, Ive totally skipped over the error code. It just closes the software. I'll look out for it next time it happens.

Maybe it's the "This software was closed improperly last time." error? I had that with 1-2 Switch last night because, I think, I removed its cart without closing the program by accident. Wouldn't start up the program. Quick fix though was to delete the software data (for 1-2 Switch it says the save data will be untouched), remove the cart and re-insert cart.

kevin1025

Banned
Has anyone's Amazon copy of Rime changed back to having its release date? Mine's still showing as needing more time for a proper delivery date.

Has anybody noticed that the price of Super Mario Odyssey on Amazon and Best Buy increased to $99.99? What's going on with that?

Placeholder. Speculation (among us here) that maybe it's an amiibo bundle of some kind, or special edition (some virtual console code of classic mario).

Placeholder. Speculation (among us here) that maybe it's an amiibo bundle of some kind, or special edition (some virtual console code of classic mario).

Ah, I had no idea that it changed. Last I looked it was still $79.99. For $100, I sure hope that it's a bundle or special edition. I'd rather not go back to the old cart prices!

Thanks for the reply.

Anyone know the best place to trade in last generation games in Vancouver? I have like 50+ Xbox 360 titles to dump...

I'd try mom and pop retro game stores. If your near coquitlam you can try Mostly Music, and if your closer to new west you can try gamedeals. I've never tried trading into gamedeals so I don't know if they are good and I only did mostly music once. Mostly music won't give you that much but for me it was more than what I would have got from EBGames.

justinluey

Neo Member

Not normal. I'm 250+ hours into Zelda and haven't had a single technical issue. Call Nintendo or exchange at retailer, if you're not too far into Zelda.

mixmixmixmix

Neo Member
I have a friend near Vancouver who desperately wants to play Battlegrounds, but only has a mac. He can't quite afford a new PC but I am convincing him to pickup a used one from an enthusiast. Anyone aware of a trustworthy site like RFD is for Toronto? He doesn't know much about computers but hopefully I can vet a post for him..

Aonuma

I have a friend near Vancouver who desperately wants to play Battlegrounds, but only has a mac. He can't quite afford a new PC but I am convincing him to pickup a used one from an enthusiast. Anyone aware of a trustworthy site like RFD is for Toronto? He doesn't know much about computers but hopefully I can vet a post for him..

All Mac computers made since 2006 can run Windows natively via Bootcamp...

I've used RFD for over 10 years, dozens of times, perfect every time as a buyer. Look at the person's BST rating...(5+ over at least 1-2 years and you'll be fine).

Full disclosure, I'm currently selling a PC on RFD...for basic gaming

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Dude, even at $45 that is way overpriced.

All y'all need to relax. These Switch prices will come down to in-line with everything else, eventually. But they won't if you guys keep buying overpriced old ports.

This post convinced me to buy BoI Afterbirth+.

Anyone know if the second print edition is up anywhere (with the new cover art)

Gotta say, Amazon has been hitting it out of the park lately with my deliveries! Last month, Persona 5 on the Sunday before official release day, now this:

IMG_3277_zpsrue1eoav.jpg

Looking forward to tonight!

kevin1025

Banned
For the switch edition, what is the price difference between digital and Amazon Prime physical?

It's still $49.99 on Amazon for Switch. The digital price might be unknown until it pops up on the store since it still doesn't have an official date beyond Q3 I believe.

It's $39.99 on PSN with a pre-order discount making it $35.99, though.

...everyone should pre-order everything they are considering, haha. Just in case.

Clov

I don't think Mario Odyssey will stay at $100, but it wouldn't surprise me if game prices here go up yet again, ending up at around $85 or something.

Kyolux

Gotta say, Amazon has been hitting it out of the park lately with my deliveries! Last month, Persona 5 on the Sunday before official release day, now this:

IMG_3277_zpsrue1eoav.jpg

Looking forward to tonight!

Nice, make sure to hit the OT tonight to share your thoughts. I'm picking mine up at ebgames tomorrow.

Edit: oh you did post there.

That
bait and
Switch.

It must be coming with an amiibo.

There will be no amiibo... They are putting it at 99 so they can charge 84 or 89 or more based on what the exchange rate is at when it comes out. Based on exchange rate last couple of days, current games should be like $83 and not $79.

There will be no amiibo... They are putting it at 99 so they can charge 84 or 89 or more based on what the exchange rate is at when it comes out. Based on exchange rate last couple of days, current games should be like $83 and not $79.

There will probably be an amiibo(at least one...) either way but I agree with the price thing.

UberTag

With game prices jumping up another $10-20, Consumer's Distributing ought to release a new catalog for Christmas just for posterity's sake.
(Yes, I'm aware they no longer exist.)

jayu26

The entire bundle on Steam is $40, $45 wouldn't be terrible.

People can (and have) put literally hundreds of hours into BOI. Our value perception with video games is so fucking crazy sometimes.

considering it comes with all the expansions, it's pretty well priced.

Yeeeeaaahhhhh, I think it's maybe you who needs to chill. I've got a business trip soon that would be a great opportunity to dump some hours into this game.

My purchase is not that big of a splash for Nicalis or Ninty.

Plus, it seems like awesome value for what you can put in, as killroy says

I was concerned that EB had the price jacked up on the game compared to other stores. I'm okay getting it now instead of a year later where it may be 30% off :/

Expensive for an indie title on the Switch? Yes. Way overpriced for its content? Not even close. Most who play the BoI do not put in tens of hours, like most typical $50+ games, but hundreds, sometimes thousands.

This post convinced me to buy BoI Afterbirth+.

Anyone know if the second print edition is up anywhere (with the new cover art)

You know what? You cans are right. I mean, I did this last Summer...

So do whatever you want people. It's your money.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Anyone see Doritos Guacamole anywhere?

I saw it was back as a limited time thing (after more than 10 years I believe). Bought a bag from No Frills thinking Id grab more later, went back the next week and they were gone. Havent seen any since.

It makes no sense because Doritos Guac is by far their best flavour.

Kyolux

Anyone see Doritos Guacamole anywhere?

I saw it was back as a limited time thing (after more than 10 years I believe). Bought a bag from No Frills thinking Id grab more later, went back the next week and they were gone. Havent seen any since.

It makes no sense because Doritos Guac is by far their best flavour.

Guac was the one mixed in with the habanero ones right?

NYR

I'd still be buying those if that didn't disappear around here. Now I have to resort to the crazy fountain drink machines at the Landmark theatre for my vanilla fix!

Vanilla Coke is back in Canada for the summer. Bought some this weekend.

leeman

Is there a way to merge X/Y accounts to Sun/Moon if I make a Sun/Moon save just to redeem this card? I hope that makes sense. lol

Well, if you mean essentially save the Pokemon you have from X / Y, you can download the Pokemon Bank, send all your Pokemon up to it, then start a game of Pokemon Sun / Moon and bring all the Pokemon into that game. Just keep in mind that once Pokemon enter Sun / Moon, they can never return to X / Y...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom