• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cru Jones

I was trying to figure out a way to convert my PayPal balance into eShop credit and I came across this official PayPal website:

https://www.paypal-gifts.com/en_ca/

Instant delivery for a bunch of different credit including eShop and PSN.

It was nice to kill two birds with one stone (getting rid of my PayPal balance and instant delivery)

The quicker EB dies the better - how they're still around I'll never know.

Double trade promo ($80 for RE7!!!!!), twice, double trade promo towards Switch, well-stocked with Switch accessories (unlike everywhere else), always have big games Day 1, and best of all they have reasonably sized stocks of niche games like Yakuza and Nioh. Spring 2016- now 2017 EB has been the best of the bunch IMO.

Looking back, their PS4 launch promo was amazing, giving people with old 360's $100-$200 towards PS4. $75 for a used Kinect. Awesome.

They have their place in the market, and certainly a prominent place in a Canadian deals thread. :)

eyesradar

I got my launch Pro and NS at EB. ~$235 for OG PS4 & 2x TIV towards anything Switch were too good to pass. During the switch promo I basically got rid off all my haul from last fall/winter and somehow took home 2 Switches and a pro controller home without paying much.

Buy low (Amazon), sell high (EB promo) I guess?

sikkinixx

Well.. decided to order the one on amazon that's $316. Not sure why it says 3 new, but says ships within 1 to 2 months.

So if it ships by end of next week, I'll take it. Otherwise, I'll cancel my order I guess. I'll let that decide for me.

*internet high five* I got my $50 Amazon card in the mail so I did the same. Think it might spring for a 1500x Ryzen combo too once I get paid. Might as well up the ok pc before I'm off on leave for 6 months.

Ventara

I believe they're price matching EB, who has both version at $16, though after taking a look, the PS4 version is sold out online.

I really wanted to take advantage of this, but my wallet is not permitting right now, so I leave this to whatever lucky soul wants it first. Deal ends tonight, so act quick. 2 Farpoint bundles in stock at the time of this posting.

umB6NiI.png

LowRoller

Speaking of nes controllers if anyone wants mine i can sell it. I opened it but never used it because i wanted to see what it feels like lol.

Damax

Neo Member
Well I decided to buy that 50" Vizio TV from Costco, upgrading from a 7 year old 40" Sony, so I figure its time to get a soundbar. Anyone have any recommendations for one between $150 - $200?

I preordered Fire Emblem Echoes months ago on Amazon and the order page is still saying it's coming the week after release. Will it really not be at my door on Friday?

I preordered Fire Emblem Echoes months ago on Amazon and the order page is still saying it's coming the week after release. Will it really not be at my door on Friday?

It's possible it'll arrive on time, but don't count on it. That way you won't be disappointed. Amazon tends to be late more often than not, and Friday releases are precarious no matter who you order from.

Yeah Friday releases are a pain for shipping with any release. My limited edition order from EB Games has not shipped either but I have the backup of a standard edition I can pick up on Friday. So I can at least play it this weekend.

I really wanted to take advantage of this, but my wallet is not permitting right now, so I leave this to whatever lucky soul wants it first. Deal ends tonight, so act quick. 2 Farpoint bundles in stock at the time of this posting.

umB6NiI.png

Save your money... PSVR's are going to get a big price drop in a couple of months.

Iced

Have any Torontonians in here sent their joycons and/or Switch console in to Nintendo? What was the turnaround time?

Luigi87

shipping age : Amazon shipped my FE Echoes Amiibo and BB my FE Echoes LE. Won't reach me tomorrow for sure but eh not too bad.

I got an update from Amazon saying my amiibo won't ship until next week D=

... Oh well, I'm not in a rush. I'm actually not buying Echoes yet since I couldn't snag a LE, lol

jokkir

Oh man, I totally forgot to cancel my Fire Emblem LE since I didn't even beat Awakening yet :| Welp, I got charged already.

Thanks for the reminder

teeg

Vizio SB3851 is $220 on Costco website. Only 5.1 sound bar at that price range I think.

Misquote? I'm looking for a NES Classic controller, not a sound bar... but now that you mention it maybe some fuller sound and deeper bass is what I really need.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Have any Torontonians in here sent their joycons and/or Switch console in to Nintendo? What was the turnaround time?

Took me exactly 1 week to get it back.

Is this a "VR will never catch on and is already dead" post

No it's not. I personally love the PSVR. I just think the announcements from the MS conference with those other VR/AR headsets is going to force Sony's hand. I could be wrong but I'm willing to wait it out till at least the holiday season.

JDH

Are people out of their damn minds with Letgo?! I thought I would check it out to see any gaming stuff and some examples of the insanity: an old scratched to hell DS $200, 3 year old PS4 games $50 each that can had online or $20-$30 new, Used PS4 (non-Pro) $400

Is this all of Canada or just my area?

I got an update from Amazon saying my amiibo won't ship until next week D=

... Oh well, I'm not in a rush. I'm actually not buying Echoes yet since I couldn't snag a LE, lol

I got that same update and then mine shipped like an hour ago and says it'll be delivered tmrw so ya never know with Amazon.

FE Special Edition from BB still hasn't shipped tho....

i-Jest

Are people out of their damn minds with Letgo?! I thought I would check it out to see any gaming stuff and some examples of the insanity: an old scratched to hell DS $200, 3 year old PS4 games $50 each that can had online or $20-$30 new, Used PS4 (non-Pro) $400

Is this all of Canada or just my area?

I take it Letgo is some kind of gaming classified site for buying and selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom