• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion, and Nintendo Item Stock Watch 10

N° 2048

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

jholmes

Toronto specific, but anytime a mall store closes another one (or three) pop up in the leftover space. Mega stores are probably in a bad spot these days. The food court at STC and Yorkdale are awesome now and seeing stores like Uniqlo and H&M thrive is nice to see.

So amazon is selling whole foods stuff now. Never tried anything from them before...trustworthy brand/store? Almond butter...so good...but costco is still cheaper.

Whole Foods stuff is good but if you're looking for a deal it is probably not for you.

EDIT: I know what I'm ordering to get up to $35 for free shipping next time!

I wonder what is going to happen at the Promenade mall near Toronto, they replaced one floor of Eaton's with a T&T Supermarket and a few stores on the upper level but I doubt they can just put another grocery store into Sears; and I really don't think they'd be able to get halfway decent stores to take up most of that space

Would be nice if a big electronics store moved in there but that's not gonna happen

I even bought something at Sears a couple weeks ago, had it delivered to the store.......where it sat for a week as they didn't e-mail me that they had received it and the order status didn't say delivered, I had to contact customer service who gave me the UPS tracking number which showed it arrived at the store the day after I ordered it, and then when I went to go pick it up it was pretty clear that they don't have many things shipped to the store for pickup. I feel bad for the staff since a lot of them have been there for years.

It's also been under renovation for a long time, I guess they ran out of money and put it on hold halfway through or something

Joeku

Whole Foods stuff is good but if you're looking for a deal it is probably not for you.

EDIT: I know what I'm ordering to get up to $35 for free shipping next time!

Fuck, if only I waited to start buying Xmas gifts. Could have filled out my free-shipping subtotal with sea salt/chocolate instead of goddamn duotangs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The death of Sears leaves so many huge gaps in malls. What's crazy is that the Sears in Guelph went through renovations before I moved, so that's basically al; waste.

RS4-

They just finished or about to finish renovating the Sears at Fairview.

I don't think I've actually bought anything there since the early 90s. But it does get a lot of traffic because of the TTC entrance/exit.

As for promenade, yeah, I don't think anything could be done to save that mall.

Fularu

Banned
I'm going to miss Sears. I buy all my shirts, pants and jeans from there. They have great brands and amazong deals

Now I have to go to the bay (which won't last long either anyway).

This is truly the death of retail

BTails

Because I know everyone likes shipping talk, my copy of Evil Within 2 PS4 is slated to ship today from Amazon, with Prime delivery for Friday (release day).

Kyolux

For those that don't check the discord. A bunch of us are playing Jackbox 3 and drawful 2 Friday night if some of you want to join us.

All you need to play is a way to watch the stream and a browser to play the game on, either on your phone or pc.

Big Chungus

any chance telus will give me an iphone 8 for free if ive been with them for 7 years, my plan is up and needs to be renewed, and ive never missed a payment?

Mikey Jr.

Is Kijiji still the best place to buy used games? Specifically PS4?

I remember there was an app that was for selling stuff too. Anyone remember the name?

any chance telus will give me an iphone 8 for free if ive been with them for 7 years, my plan is up and needs to be renewed, and ive never missed a payment?

I dunno if for free, I've also been a longtime customer (~9 years now?) and my last call to CS I got a ~$250 account credit. But at the same time, it was on a contract renewal where my bill went from $56 to $76 per month. Now I'm looking at switching to BellMTS.

Has anyone ever ordered something from Amazon.ca and had it ship from their fulfillment center in Avenel, NJ, US? That just seems odd. I've never had anything from them ship from the US before.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Has anyone ever ordered something from Amazon.ca and had it ship from their fulfillment center in Avenel, NJ, US? That just seems odd. I've never had anything from them ship from the US before.
My 1080 Ti came from the US.

gillFTR

Anyone in Calgary interested in my Destiny 2 sealed for 40$. Just picked up a ps4 pro destiny bundle not really interested in it. May also take a wii u pro controller.

Returners

Anyone in Calgary interested in my Destiny 2 sealed for 40$. Just picked up a ps4 pro destiny bundle not really interested in it. May also take a wii u pro controller.

Hey just letting you know that the game that you have retails for 100 bucks. It’s not just the normal edition, it’s the deluxe that includes the season pass.

Mercador

I bought a lot of SNES games from Canadian Tire.

They had a good selection. They even had a good toy selection.

Where I used to live as a child, it was the only shop that kept SNES games. I bought my SNES there. I have even bought Kid Icarus NES there.

Kyolux

A dog toy I ordered this week-end did. Received it today.

Lexxism

Get the PS4 Pro for as low as $249.99 with trade

4137-RecycledOctoberPromosWeeklyRecycledOfferSpot_PS4Pro_EN.jpg

Offer Valid: October 6 - October 12

Trade in your Original or Slim PS4 and get the PS4 PRO for as low as $249.99

Offer valid on hardware normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with other trade offers. Trade must be in full working condition. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. No modified units will be accepted. Subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Welp, I gave in the Evil Within 2 hype. Got it from CDKeys for $40. I was gonna wait to play it on the X but I'll just pick it up for that when it's cheap I guess.

RS4-

lol I doubt that they'll care. I guess they could give it to you for "free" at the expense if giving you another 2 years @ 100/month.

Top Bottom