• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion, and Nintendo Item Stock Watch 10

superbad

Not the hottest deal ever, but Resident Evil 7 has dropped to $29.96 at Wal-Mart, for both consoles. There’s no online stock, but you can try your luck PM’ing at Best Buy since it’s still $60 there.

Oh, and McDonald’s has the Super Mario Happy Meal toys now :)

iLLmAtlc

Not the hottest deal ever, but Resident Evil 7 has dropped to $29.96 at Wal-Mart, for both consoles. There’s no online stock, but you can try your luck PM’ing at Best Buy since it’s still $60 there.

Oh, and McDonald’s has the Super Mario Happy Meal toys now :)

Thx been waiting for a drop! This tempting

https://imgur.com/1Xjyrur

Would I have to pay any extra fees when delivered? I don't import much.
You will have to pay sales tax once it gets delievered. Your probably looking at close to 480$ once its all said and done. Is there a reason you need to import a Switch? They are more readily available in stores now.

Edit:not to mention you may get a rate conversion tax on top of your order.

Taro

Neo Member
You will have to pay sales tax once it gets delievered. Your probably looking at close to 480$ once its all said and done. Is there a reason you need to import a Switch? They are more readily available in stores now.

Edit:not to mention you may get a rate conversion tax on top of your order.

I currently have a $50 gift card and I was just trying to estimate the total cost tax and all. It looks like I won't be saving much after all thanks for the input.

farisr

You will have to pay sales tax once it gets delievered.
"import fees" covers that.

I've never had to pay additional tax on stuff I've ordered from amazon.com

Either way though, that switch order if you don't get any conversion fees (which you may or may not depending on your method of payment) only comes out to like $10 cheaper. And seeing as that you won't have a warranty if you buy from US, I would not go for it.

shezbot

Wow. Didn't notice PayPal changed their friends and family fees, here in Canada, when sending internationally (even to the USA). Use it a lot on small purchases in the BST here, on GAF. Used to be about $0.01 CAD fee for ever dollar spent. Now the fee is equal to the payment sent, up to $2.99 CAD. Brutal for small purchases.

Yikes! Thanks for posting this. I use it for a lot of group buys/splits so this could effectively kill a lot of those transactions for me.

Ventara

Wow. Didn't notice PayPal changed their friends and family fees, here in Canada, when sending internationally (even to the USA). Use it a lot on small purchases in the BST here, on GAF. Used to be about $0.01 CAD fee for ever dollar spent. Now the fee is equal to the payment sent, up to $2.99 CAD. Brutal for small purchases.

Yikes! Thanks for posting this. I use it for a lot of group buys/splits so this could effectively kill a lot of those transactions for me.

Shit, just noticed this. Yeah, this pretty much kills split bundles. especially on top of the conversion fee.

So I have Mario Odyssey preordered from walmart.ca for the $50 promo they were running around E3. This is my first time ordering from Walmart; does anyone have experience with their shipping? Should I expect it to be delivered on release day or after?

farisr

So I have Mario Odyssey preordered from walmart.ca for the $50 promo they were running around E3. This is my first time ordering from Walmart; does anyone have experience with their shipping? Should I expect it to be delivered on release day or after?
Experiences seem to vary, but I've received 4 games so far from walmart all arrived on release day.

Don't worry if you don't get a shipment notification the day before. Two of my orders I received a shipment notification order a day after I had already gotten the game, the other two I receive a shipment notification the day of when the game was out for delivery.

jokkir

When does Walmart usually charge? My replacement credit card hasn't come yet :| I'm hoping it arrives before my order gets cancelled

zeitgeist

When does Walmart usually charge? My replacement credit card hasn't come yet :| I'm hoping it arrives before my order gets cancelled

I actually had this issue and had to call Walmart, re-purchase SMO online with my new card and call again to get the price adjusted(which will apparently happen when it ships).

So if you plan to go online and change your credit card on Walmart.ca, you can't for some insane reason.

I actually had this issue and had to call Walmart, re-purchase SMO online with my new card and call again to get the price adjusted(which will apparently happen when it ships).

So if you plan to go online and change your credit card on Walmart.ca, you can't for some insane reason.
Walmart should update their online infrastructure, this isn’t the 2000s.

Experiences seem to vary, but I've received 4 games so far from walmart all arrived on release day.

Don't worry if you don't get a shipment notification the day before. Two of my orders I received a shipment notification order a day after I had already gotten the game, the other two I receive a shipment notification the day of when the game was out for delivery.
I've also took advantage of the $50 preorder but have it to be picked up from the location cloest to me. I assume I should just be able to pick it up first thing on the 27th before work.

Firestorm

Ugh so that's what happened. Just had that issue. This is really annoying given we don't have Venmo or any of the other options my American friends have to pay each other back.

superbad

Does anyone know how long the RE7 Walmart sale has been going? No stores are showing stock but I wonder if it's worth looking

I had too much time on my hands and went to all 3 stores in my city last night. The web site said it was out of stock at all 3, but they all had it in low quantities for both consoles. PS4 copies were in the PSVR display case.

The tags had print dates of the 17th or 18th.

iLLmAtlc

I had too much time on my hands and went to all 3 stores in my city last night. The web site said it was out of stock at all 3, but they all had it in low quantities for both consoles. PS4 copies were in the PSVR display case.

The tags had print dates of the 17th or 18th.

Thanks! I'm gonna check later and report back

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Amazon had the audacity to send me a push notification saying "We thought you might like a new Switch game"

How about shipping out FEW which should have arrived yesterday? What a bunch of dirtbags.

Sylwest

Hey, is there a new discord server for Canadian Deals? It just sorta disappeared today. I didn't participate too much but I quite liked it there.

I guess everyone will go to Discord?

that is where a bunch of us are currently residing right now.

Hey, is there a new discord server for Canadian Deals? It just sorta disappeared today. I didn't participate too much but I quite liked it there.

I'd like a Canada Deals discord link too

don't quote me on this but i think they temporarily disabled linking to the discord? someone more better versed with the situation might be better suited to answer you.

just a headsup for anyone asking: invite links to the discord are currently disabled right now. there's no ETA on it, but the links should be available soon.

Top Bottom