• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announced Blade Fantasia - New fantasy RPG by the Breath of Fire creator

Let's be honest guys, this is our fault. If it's announced by duckroll, you know what to expect. :(

btw, that was my reaction when reading the op
Terminator-Smile.gif

But if you can't trust the mods who can you trust? What is there to believe in?

It depends of the mod I'd say. Nirolak and Duckroll seems to be the one to trap us :p
But on the other hand, EatChildren seems reliable. I don't know much about other mods :(

Ricker

Is this really where JRPG's are going..?.all on tablets..?,jesus...at least they didnt call it Breath of Fire 7... :p

Xelinis

- Directed and written by Makoto Ikehara (director of Breath of Fire 3-5, writer of Dead Rising and Dragon's Dogma)

Duckroll, sorry to be a bother but Ikehara was not the writer of Dragon's Dogma. He served as more of a consultant on that project, helping the team lay out how a High Fantasy RPG should look and feel.

- Comes out for iOS in Japan on Sept 26

http://app.famitsu.com/20130919_236144/
Oh god why did you have to hide the fact that it was an iOS title... your a cruel person

I'm getting images of the Level 5 presser again....No not the scarf dance NOOOOO!!! D:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Its basically a non chibby WonderFlick D:< Flicking ACTION!!!
Edit #2: Produced by Motohide Eshiro D:<<
-Please don't make me do a Edit #3:

I wonder what the reaction would have been if the exact same game was announced for 3DS.

Different for sure. From now, Capcom's output on 3DS has been good. Both graphic wise and content wise. Looking at that title for iOS, I'm kinda scared of lack of content, free to play or micro transactions... plus I'm not fond of gaming on smartphones.

charsace

I opened your thread op and it made me a little depressed. I'm a huge fan of BoF and thought this would be a nextgen rpg. Why not put IOS in the title?

Durante

Yeah, so far I've seen lots of too simple, not good RPG titles on iOS. Having no buttons hurt mechanics for sure. SRPG/TRPG can be a pretty good fit for the platform, though.
I think for all kinds of RPGs, the controls aren't really the issue.

I don't know what it is about the mobile marketplace that turns so many titles to shit, even if their controls could work, but it's clearly there. Maybe it's the low average sales price, maybe it's the prevalence of IAPs, maybe it's some assumption about how the games will be played and how that should affect design, or maybe the audience simply has shit taste.

Etzer

Top talent make mobile RPG.
Still looks terrible.

The overall presentation in that video looks as bland as Nostalgia on the DS five years ago.

Slightly off topic, but I've been wondering... If gamers who enjoy RPGs dislike IAP and prefer traditional controls
(and a platform that doesn't heat up and lose 50% of battery life after 30 minutes of playing)
and casual players who buy into those microtransaction messes couldn't care less about the fact that it's a "Full-scale RPG" from the director of Breath of Fire 3-5, what's the benefit of putting these games on iOS? Who are these games for?

CAPCOM strikes again by pissing off all fans and seeing them try to make the cheapest way out of making a game. Outside of Deep Down, I want CAPCOM to go the fuck away. Seriously, sell these IPs to someone who gives a shit if you're just going to make a mobile piece of shit.

Top talent make mobile RPG.
Still looks terrible.

The overall presentation in that video looks as bland as Nostalgia on the DS five years ago.

Slightly off topic, but I've been wondering... If gamers who enjoy RPGs dislike IAP and prefer traditional controls
(and a platform that doesn't heat up and lose 50% of battery life after 30 minutes of playing)
and casual players who buy into those microtransaction messes couldn't care less about the fact that it's a "Full-scale RPG" from the director of Breath of Fire 3-5, what's the benefit of putting these games on iOS? Who are these games for?

These questions keep me up at night

Who the hell are they selling to? I guess it doesn't matter. Throw shit at a wall of 100 million people and see what sticks.

OmegaDL50

I find it funny that the game being designed by BOF creator looks far more like a BOF title then the actual BOF6, of course this just may be because of the similar art style to BOF3 and BOF4.

Seriously, how hard is it to even bring it to the 3DS? Wouldn't you think that a 3DS version would not only be more profitable, but make all the fans happy and would sell more 3DSs? I'd buy it if it was on the 3DS, but never as a phone game, especially iOS (I despise Apple).

I find it funny that the game being designed by BOF creator looks far more like a BOF title then the actual BOF6, of course this just may be because of the similar art style to BOF3 and BOF4.

What?

You mean the cover art right? Cuz the actual game Looks NOTHING like BOF

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
iOS? No thanks. I've all but lost interest in games for my phone at this point. I simply don't play them anymore.

Seriously, how hard is it to even bring it to the 3DS? Wouldn't you think that a 3DS version would not only be more profitable, but make all the fans happy and would sell more 3DSs? I'd buy it if it was on the 3DS, but never as a phone game, especially iOS (I despise Apple).

I feel like a lot of you guys aren't watching the gameplay trailer....

Top Bottom