• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Buy our latest test game - Biohazard ~Dark Side Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
RE5 first, we'll talk later Capcom

Easy_D

never left the stone age
CiSTM said:
Then what would be the big "upgrade" ?

I know it's not graphics because I have seen Resident Evil 1 and Zero on Wii and the graphics are same as they were in GC remakes. If I want to see graphical update then I want to see it on PS3/PC/xbox360.
I'm pretty sure he meant the jump from original Resident Evil to REmake. Imagine the same leap but with RE2 instead.

Sadist

Haunted said:
Holy fucking shit, I thought of three different jokes approaches to this and all of them had been mentioned by post 7. That's embarrassing.
GAFs hivemind seems very effective.

Alcibiades

Sadist said:
GAFs hivemind seems very effective.
more like 3rd parties on Wii are extremely predictable...

Wii owners want RE5, so the obvious announcement is going to be ANYTHING BUT

Taker666

I'd sooner have an original(ish) game rather than a pure remake.
A Wesker spin-off..or a game based around the original supernatural version of RE4...or even a side scrolling point and click adventure using similar gameplay/controls to Zack and Wiki.

Meesh

“It (Resident Evil 5) was made for the Xbox 360 and PS3. That being said, Nintendo Wii fans will be very happy very soon.”

In other words, Res5 made for those other guys, and Wii owners get one made specifically for Wii :D

Res4.5

jeremy1456

Relaxed Muscle said:
Resident Evil 5: On rails edition

After struggling with the controls in the RE5 demo I would be more down for an on-rails version than the real deal.

bryehn said:
I would play that.

Ever play Resident Evil Gaiden on the Gameboy Color? I think you'd like it.

Sadist

beje said:
Haven't anyone actually thought of RE Outbreak File #3 with WiiSpeak support?
This could happen. There was a news blurb half a year ago that the Outbreak series could continue on Wii.

Serious possibilities:

RE0/1 wiimakes localized to the US.
Umbrella Chronicles 2
RE2/3 remake - for Wii.
RE5 port - Should be doable in RE4 engine. Will be a downgrade in graphics, but possibly an upgrade in controls?
RE6 announced for Wii or WiiHD?
New RE0-CVX style game for Wii.
Outbreak File #3 for Wii.

---

I'd bet on the RE0/1 Wiimakes. I'd be annoyed, but I'd consider buying them again if it was set up as a doublepack from the get go.

legend166 said:
I would buy a Wii port of RE5 over the HD counterparts, so get on that please.
This is a rare occasion where I would rather have a side story. From what I've played and read about Resident Evil 5 a downgraded port is the last thing I want. Even if the controls are better.

It's probably going to be Umbrella Chronicles 2.

REmake 2 or a Code Veronica style side story, please. If it's a straight port, rail shooter, or RE themed Majong game I'm going to be very disapointed.

yoopoo

Banned
Hope its not a RE2 remake - or a RE5 port...something brand new, RE4 style, would be nice.

And time to retire the RE4 engine too.

Haunted

Well, whatever it is, I just hope they put as much thought, effort, and time into it as they put into their other AAA titles.

That's all I'm asking.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
RE5 with shittier graphics, but with Wii remote controls would make me happy, honestly.

An RE2 remake in the style of REmake would make me have a massive nerdgasm all over the floor.l

Haunted said:
Whatever it is, I just hope they put as much thought, effort, and time into it as they put into their other AAA titles.

That's all I'm asking.
Word.

legend166

Buttseckslol said:
This is a rare occasion where I would rather have a side story. From what I've played and read about Resident Evil 5 a downgraded port is the last thing I want. Even if the controls are better.

It's probably going to be Umbrella Chronicles 2.

Well yeah, I'd probably rather a full sidestory developed ground up for the Wii, but somehow I doubt that's going to happen. The realistic choices seem to be:

- Umbrella Chronicles 2
- RE5 Wii
- RE0 & 1 Wii ports in the US

If it's the last one, Capcom can jump off a bridge.

Davey Cakes

Dead said:
Then why put the RE2 remake on Wii rather than PS3/Xbox360...?
To give Wii owners, who are guaranteed to buy RE games, something to play on their system?

I own an X360 and I want a Resident Evil game on the Wii as a compliment to the soon-to-be-released Resident Evil 5. Asking for Capcom to put more support for the franchise on the systems that's already getting the RE GOTY contender is being really greedy.

MarkusRJR

legend166 said:
Well yeah, I'd probably rather a full sidestory developed ground up for the Wii, but somehow I doubt that's going to happen. The realistic choices seem to be:

- Resident Evil 2 Wii

- Umbrella Chronicles 2
- RE5 Wii

Fixed.

dfi

I wouldn't mind a re5 port to the wii, but its gotta be a lot better than what they did with dead rising. Those graphics were horrible even though it used the re4 engine.

Sadist

legend166 said:

- Umbrella Chronicles 2
- RE5 Wii

Yup. Although I kind of doubt that, the backlash on Capcom-unity was huge when Zero was announced.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
The timing is right for something of consequence- RE4 was almost two years ago, so if they based their decision on the overwhelming success of RE4, then something good should be coming.

Given how much sense that makes, its probably RE1-Zero localized. :lol

MT Framework isn't used for the Wii, so if they wanted to "port" RE5 they would have to remake it from the ground up would they not?

Davey Cakes

daCuk said:
Because that would be way cheaper and Capcom has experience remaking PS1 games in GC-like architectures with astounding results.
This too.

It was already discussed in the "RE2 remake rumor" thread.

Also, as a Wii60 owner I really don't want RE5 on Wii. Honestly, Capcom already screwed up with Dead Rising, trying to bring a game that only exists because of better hardware to a system that just doesn't have the capability. So, what you get is a complete downgrade, with only the bare gameplay left intact. Would that be okay for RE5? Possibly, but it would require a lot of "cutting the fat" and it certainly would require serious graphical downgrades. The level of detail RE5 has is already astoundingly greater than RE4 (comparing, say, Public Assembly or Shanty Town to ANY areas in RE4's village), so would people really want to lose all that?

It's about time that things became less about "porting the game over so the fans with have something along the lines of the same experience" and more about actually taking advantage of the Wii's unique hardware.

If you tried to put a game like Trauma Center on 360, it'd suck in comparison. And, as we've seen, doing Dead Rising on Wii sucked. That's just due to these games' unique characteristics that make them suitable for their hardware. Developers in general, especially the great Capcom, need to always consider different systems' strengths when making their games. Ports aren't always a bad idea, mind you, but it really depends on the case. I really do see an RE5: Wii Edition ending up like Dead Rising Wii.

Resident Evil: The Baleestic Adventures of Luis Sera. A prequel to Resi 4, all about the Spaniard's escapades before Leon showed up.

Wouldn't that be amazing?

jeremy1456

Rash said:
To give Wii owners, who are guaranteed to buy RE games, something to play on their system?

I own an X360 and I want a Resident Evil game on the Wii as a compliment to the soon-to-be-released Resident Evil 5. Asking for Capcom to put more support for the franchise on the systems that's already getting the RE GOTY contender is being really greedy.

And the Wii also has the biggest userbase.

Wii-owners have been overly kind to the series, just to be shat on. Resident Evil 2 better be real, but I would also accept Umbrella Chronicles 2. I really, really don't want this to be ports of REmake and 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom