• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Buy our latest test game - Biohazard ~Dark Side Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Haunted said:
If it's indeed CV-related like Dahlgren has hinted at, I want to see cvxfreak in here ASAP. :lol

You shut your mouth, I loved CV. :mad:
That's okay, I like kusoge too sometimes.

[Nintex]

I Push Fat Kids said:
Madworld to feature a trailer perhaps?
Has Platinum Games made a publishing deal with Capcom?
Is this the secret game Mikami has been working on?
Cats & dogs living together, full top 100 NPD releases and world peace?

[Nintex]

Allright what's going on March 12th?

I've got:
Resident Evil Announcement
Project Ringo(SEGA)
EA Montreal game

so far, anything missing?

[Nintex] said:

I've got:
Project Ringo(SEGA)
EA Montreal game

my copy of madworld will arrive, that's pretty much more important than any of those stupid things

Haunted

Y2Kev said:
That's okay, I like kusoge too sometimes.
Didn't I tell you to shut your mouth?

You just made me look that up.

And on a slightly related topic, don't google image search kusoge, boys and girls!

Rash said:
Maybe it's a game version of Resident Evil: Degeneration. :D

resident_evil.jpg

N-Gage port. Believe!

Eteric Rice

[Nintex] said:

I've got:
Project Ringo(SEGA)
EA Montreal game

Do we know if these are even Wii games?

Relaxed Muscle said:
http://www.nokia.es/NOKIA_SPAIN_20/Acerca_de_Nokia/Prensa/Fotos/fotos_notas_prensa/resident_evil.jpg[IMG]

N-Gage port. Believe![/QUOTE]
A port from the N-Gage to the Wii? No. A rebuild in the RE4 Wii engine? Maybe.

Y2Kev

Haunted said:
Didn't I tell you to shut your mouth?

You just made me look that up.

And on a slightly related topic, don't google image search kusoge, boys and girls!
:lol

hang on

hentai, wtf

realraptor said:
It's going to be a Resident Evil Versus fighting game. Leon vs Chris, Wesker vs Chris, etc. You want a new ip? You got it! :lol
Didn't Capcom already test us enough with Castlevania Judgment?

Christopher

Alcibiades said:
I can tell you this, if it's not RE5 or RE6, expect a budget production from B or C-team. As good as Umbrella Chronicles can be to some people, it's no RE4.

http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=article&did=391

I don't get the idea from Capcom that RE5 can't be on Wii. The ONLY reason to not want to put it on Wii is so they can go cheap with whatever they put on Wii.

Edit: THIS IS SOME SERIOUS BS.

They have already begun alienating their Wii fans by not having RE5 on the system, when there is no doubt it could absolutely be done on Wii with some graphical loss.

The two paragraphs just don't fit together. If Capcom really cared, RE5 would be their #1 priority. Aftering owning RE4: Wii Edition, I'm ready for the sequel in the series, not yet another sidegame. Sidegames are fine, just make sure we are also getting that mainline series that the sidegames are complementing.

Desserts are fine, but only after getting the main course.

It's not bullshit Resident Evil 5 comes out on PS3 and 360 if you don't have one tough shit, Capcom shouldn't have to put another team together to dumb down their game that will sell jsut fine.

Haunted said:
Well, whatever it is, I just hope they put as much thought, effort, and time into it as they put into their other AAA titles.

I was eating when I read this. I had to cover my mouth to prevent me from spitting rice all over my monitor. I know it's not meant to be a joke, but I laughed. One of the funniest posts all day.

Y2Kev

Linkzg said:
you're crazy
Well, I consider REmake to have replaced RE1 in the canon. So you have REmake, 2, 3, CV, 0, and 4. And don't make me go off on RE3 haters. Because I will.

And there are like 900 spinoffs that are way worse, so I'm not counting those.

Eteric Rice

Christopher said:
It's not bullshit Resident Evil 5 comes out on PS3 and 360 if you don't have one tough shit, Capcom shouldn't have to put another team together to dumb down their game that will sell jsut fine.

NO U.

Diortem7

Christopher said:
It's not just about wanting RE5 on Wii though. It's about wanting RE5 with pointer controls.

Haunted

Cow Mengde said:
I was eating when I read this. I had to cover my mouth to prevent me from spitting rice all over my monitor. I know it's not meant to be a joke, but I laughed. One of the funniest posts all day.
:lol ass

Y2Kev said:
Well, I consider REmake to have replaced RE1 in the canon. So you have REmake, 2, 3, CV, 0, and 4. And don't make me go off on RE3 haters. Because I will.

And there are like 900 spinoffs that are way worse, so I'm not counting those.
3 is the worst in the series. Honestly.

CV is better than 0. That leaves REmake, 2 and 4. Yeah, I'm fine with CV being worse than each of those. Still a damn fine game.

edit: and then there are those who don't even consider CV a main entry "bububu it's not numbered!" :/

jeremy1456

bmf said:
Konami.

I'm waiting for the inevitable merger and creation of Capkonami.

Konami can't live off of DDR forever - I predict no merger, rather, a complete buyout in the coming years. It won't be Capkonami, instead, it'll just be Capcom with a healthy side of Silent Hill, DDR, and hopefully Suikoden.

cvxfreak

I know PR people have to be chin up, but who would be "very happy, very soon" with something like RE0/REmake or UC2?

Considering that Nintendo is bringing their GC games over to Wii in the U.S., there's no reason for Capcom not to follow suit. But those shouldn't be the end of the RE equation on Wii.

Y2Kev

Haunted said:
:lol ass

3 is the worst in the series. Honestly. CV is better than 0.

That leaves REmake, 2 and 4. Yeah, I'm fine with CV being worse than each of those. Still a damn fine game.
There's nothing wrong with 3. It's basically RE2 without a hub zone (picking up the pace of the game), the awesome live action decisions, and Nemesis, who is probably the series' most famous villain. I just don't get people that hate it!

CV, on the other hand, has an incredible amount of backtracking over a larger area that's not as neatly designed, a ridiculously embarrassing story involving trannies and bugs (hot), considerably lamer enemies (like the BANDERSNATCH, the worst enemy in the series), a number of chokepoints where the player could get stuck and need to restart, and Steve. STEVE I SAY

Not that 3 is perfect-- I think collecting the parts to power the tram artificially lengthen the game and it is a little short-- but nothing tops hot pursuit. Also, of course CV is better than 0. I agree.

jeremy1456 said:
Konami can't live off of DDR forever - I predict no merger, rather, a complete buyout in the coming years. It won't be Capkonami, instead, it'll just be Capcom with a healthy side of Silent Hill, DDR, and hopefully Suikoden.
I just realized that if Capcom does absorb Konami then the "Capcom makes Castlevania" meme suddenly doesn't work. This can not happen!

Tron 2.0

When whatever this is is finally announced, instead of joy I predict there will be tears.

Oh yes, tears. Bitter, angry fanboy tears.

And they will be delicious to Mikami.

Seriously, companies need to stop doing this. It INEVITABLY causes a backlash no matter what the announcement is.

cvxfreak said:
I know PR people have to be chin up, but who would be "very happy, very soon" with something like RE0/REmake or UC2?

Considering that Nintendo is bringing their GC games over to Wii in the U.S., there's no reason for Capcom not to follow suit. But those shouldn't be the end of the RE equation on Wii.
I agree with you that those shouldn't be the end of the RE equation on the Wii, but we've seen repeatedly that developers and publishers are indecisive and unbalanced about where the put their support anymore. I want to see more RE on the Wii, but I have no idea if Capcom will deliver or not.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
jeremy1456 said:
And Street Fighter VS Castlevania.

Resident Evil Code Leonica: The Life and Times of Leon Scott Kennedy, Badass

Fade in to small plane flying through clouds. A quick cut to the interior shows a PILOT, his face covered in shadow. The plane is shown passing over the Antarctic ice.

A machine on the plane dash makes an low humming alarm noise.

PILOT: Lameometer's going off. A large amount of lame people whining about lame problems must be down below. Gotta out of here, quick. [he presses a button]

Two super-rockets emerge from the side of the small plane.

PILOT:
Sorry. Gotta jet.

Blue flames shoot out of the rockets as the plane speeds away from the LAME PEOPLE. Minutes later, the coastline of NOT-AUSTRALIA appears in the distance.

PILOT: [flips switches, straps self in]

Suddenly, his seat falls through the floor of the plane. Cut outside, the plane takes off automatically, as the PILOT emerges from a hang glider.

The hang glider is shaped like a weed leaf.

He gently, yet extremely, lands on a cliff facing the sea. His face is revealed; it is LEON S. KENNEDY.

LEON puts on a pair of sunglasses, and jumps on a super-motorcycle.

LEON: Heh. [He does a jump over Not-Ayers Rock; it explodes]

End Scene

Haunted

Y2Kev said:
There's nothing wrong with 3. It's basically RE2 without a hub zone (picking up the pace of the game), the awesome live action decisions, and Nemesis, who is probably the series' most famous villain. I just don't get people that hate it!

CV, on the other hand, has an incredible amount of backtracking over a larger area that's not as neatly designed, a ridiculously embarrassing story involving trannies and bugs (hot), considerably lamer enemies (like the BANDERSNATCH, the worst enemy in the series), a number of chokepoints where the player could get stuck and need to restart, and Steve. STEVE I SAY

Not that 3 is perfect-- I think collecting the parts to power the tram artificially lengthen the game and it is a little short-- but nothing tops hot pursuit. Also, of course CV is better than 0. I agree.
I fucking hate Nemesis with a passion. He totally cancels out the Bandersnatch, imo. CV was just fucking impressive at the time, and has the better overall atmosphere throughout. Backtracking is basically a series trademark, and the pacing of CV is great (location change to Siberia! Chris! omg!). I don't hate 3, it's a fine game. I'll be honest and put in on par with 0, which I also enjoyed. I like all of the main series entries, I'm such a RE whore. :(

I totally give you Steve, though. Annoying little prick. :lol

pakkit

Banned
People actually want yet another Resident Evil remake? I mean, the first one was great, but please, please, let it die. They released all of the main RE series on Gamecube already for Christ's sake. Capcom says we'll be very excited, though, so it'll probably suck. I miss the Capcom 5, so many great original IPs. :(

Christopher

pakkit said:
People actually want yet another Resident Evil remake? I mean, the first one was great, but please, please, let it die. They released all of the main RE series on Gamecube already for Christ's sake. Capcom says we'll be very excited, though, so it'll probably suck. I miss the Capcom 5, so many great original IPs. :(

Holy SHIT ban yourself.

A Resident Evil 2 REmake with Outbreak elements invovled would be amazing!

So RE:CV again eh? I can live with that as it's one of my fave RE games, wonder what amazing waggle twist they will give it, first person mode over hulled? who knows!

It probably is CV, right?

TunaLover

It's probably RE4 Wii Edition Anniversary Edition, with Mikami has playable bonus charater.

Seriously
I will very dissapointed if this is other than the almighty RE2make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom