• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom FY2012 3Q results: RE6 at 4.8m, RE5 at 6m

Curufinwe

Can Ninja Theory survive another flop like this? It's hard to imagine who is going to hire them to make a game after all three of their titles this generation have had disappointing sales.

So, Capcom is doing rather well financially, as can I see.

However, RE6 won't ever catch up RE5's results. 5 million copies or slightly above is a maximum for it. And Dragon's Dogma did ok, but nothing more.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yeah Capcom seems to have squandered most if not all of the early momentum it had at the beginning of this gen. Not many franchises in good shape.

Will they double down on the West for this upcoming gen? Or will they pull a Monster Hunter and focus increasingly on Japan and/or 3DS?

Gbraga

It is pretty unbelieveable that Dragon's Dogma is "the" game they decide to not put on PC. PC gamers would eat that game up.

Yeah man, I already have it on PS3 but didn't start it yet. I'd hold my playthrough a bit longer for a PC version, and I'd buy it without a problem, my PS3 copy I'd just give to a friend or whatever, the demo ran so bad, I'm scared :(

When 4.8 million copies is considered a bad result, you know that an industry crash is almost inevitable at this point. The mainstream publishers are losing their shit on many levels, not the least of which mentally.

Curufinwe

When 4.8 million copies is considered a bad result, you know that an industry crash is almost inevitable at this point. The mainstream publishers are losing their shit on many levels, not the least of which mentally.

I don't think RE 6's sales are the industry's fault. If it was a a well-received game with a demo that got people excited rather than confused and angry, then 6+ millions sales would have followed.

I don't think RE 6's sales are the industry's fault. If it was a a well-received game with a demo that got people excited rather than confused and angry, then 6+ millions sales would have followed.

That's the point, the game wasn't well received because it wasn't well marketed and it wasn't well marketed because the publishers, the developers or both knew it was a shit game and were worried about showing the consumer that fact before they released it.

Better to get a few ignorant sales then to prove unequivocally that the game is shit prior to launch.

Malvingt2

Good to see RE6 do well enough.

Amazing how much of an increase over last year basically because of RE. Capcom will not let their money maker fall apart. The next RE will be pretty incredible.

The hyped made this happen. No legs tho because the words came out that it is a bad game.

Well it's best selling 3rd party game on Wii U in Japan - or rather the only one selling ;)
It's also the best selling 3rd party launch game on any console in over a decade. ;)

Seriously, where the hell is Sengoku Basara? SB3 came out in 2010 (great success), and Utage in late 2011 (pretty well). Where's the next chapter, why is Capcom waiting so much?
Sengoku Basara 4 for PS3/Wii U later this year wouldn't surprise me at all. Capcom will want to beat Sengoku Musou 4 to the punch.

Erethian

Yeah Capcom seems to have squandered most if not all of the early momentum it had at the beginning of this gen. Not many franchises in good shape.

Will they double down on the West for this upcoming gen? Or will they pull a Monster Hunter and focus increasingly on Japan and/or 3DS?

In November last year they said they planned to do less outsourcing and bolster their internal development teams with more staff. Of course that doesn't exclude another Blue Castle situation where they just up and buy a Western developer.

Top Bottom